So i know that there is a thread in the main priv forum, but has anyone on tmo seen an invite to the marshmallow beta if you had signed up for it?
    04-11-16 12:48 PM
    From what I've heard, it's been unlocked device owners that have gotten the invite. Did you buy yours from TMO, or is yours from another retailer?
    04-11-16 01:11 PM
    i bought mine from tmo and got an invite today
    04-11-16 02:09 PM
    I also have a T-Mobile issued Priv and received the invite a few days ago via BZ.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-11-16 03:41 PM
    Has anyone with a Tmobile PRIV gotten the download yet?

04-15-16 01:11 PM
    Has anyone with a Tmobile PRIV gotten the download yet?

According to the Beta Zone update as of Thursday 4/14 it appears that (according to John) "Certain USA carrier purchased devices" have not yet been "cleared to update" to the Beta. That they will continue to keep these devices on the waiting list until a "clearer picture" is presented. As of now "there is no timelines on the availabilty" of when these devices will be "cleared" to receive the Beta.... Seems like T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon purchased Privs have all been left in the cold thus far (no surprise here)... ShopBlackBerry/unlocked Privs and other carriers are a go, but I haven't seen ANYONE with ANY US Carrier-issued device confirm they have received the Beta Zone Android 6.0 update...

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 397206
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 04-15-16 at 03:21 PM.
    04-15-16 01:23 PM
    I can't speak for T-Mo USA, but I seriously doubt that Verizon would "clear" a device and allow for the beta. Heck, us Verizon customers will likely not even see Marshmallow until months after its official rollout... if ever at all.
    04-15-16 05:29 PM
    I'm on T-MO and got the invite but it bought it from ShopBB.

CivilDissident likes this.
    04-15-16 05:57 PM
    I'm on T-MO and got the invite but it bought it from ShopBB.

The network of the device isn't as important as the device itself... Only Priv's purchased through a US carrier seem to be the drag... With obvious reasons... I would not be surprised if the beta continued without any of the 3 carriers having beta testing on their devices... As stated prior, will likely take forever until our respective carriers push out the Marshmallow as well. (T-Mobile still hasn't pushed through an April security update yet while others had it weeks ago...)

raino likes this.
    04-15-16 06:17 PM
    The network of the device isn't as important as the device itself... Only Priv's purchased through a US carrier seem to be the drag... With obvious reasons... I would not be surprised if the beta continued without any of the 3 carriers having beta testing on their devices... As stated prior, will likely take forever until our respective carriers push out the Marshmallow as well. (T-Mobile still hasn't pushed through an April security update yet while others had it weeks ago...)

Well I would say we could tweet John Legere a bunch . It would be BS that we wouldn't be able to be on the beta, since we own the phones. They aren't part of some combo data /phone subsidy spiel. That was the point of one the early uncarrier moves. Plus they specifically sell unlocked bootloader devices so yeah...

04-16-16 01:03 PM
    Well I would say we could tweet John Legere a bunch . It would be BS that we wouldn't be able to be on the beta, since we own the phones. They aren't part of some combo data /phone subsidy spiel. That was the point of one the early uncarrier moves. Plus they specifically sell unlocked bootloader devices so yeah...

i already have, for whatever good it will do. im not holding my breath about the mm beta. i dont think we will see it until its released to the carriers and then they have had the chance to test it and the bloatware they want to put on it. if i had to hazard a guess, i bet we will see it sometime around the end of summer at the earliest.
    04-18-16 11:50 AM
    If Uncarrier was about letting people own their phones, there wouldn't be a 40 day waiting period to unlock phones bought at full price...if asking for them to be outright unlocked is too much.
    hawklet00 likes this.
    04-18-16 02:55 PM
    So it looks like the beta could actually go down on the T-Mobile issued Priv after all... I was just pondering shutting down developer's mode on the Priv and putting it back on the data only plan, but then this kismet induced posting happens: http://m.crackberry.com/first-priv-m...omers-incoming

Ready to go... Within the 'next 24hours' it should happen, so hopefully by this time tomorrow a few of us should have our T-Mobile Priv's Marshmallow'd out...

04-21-16 04:17 PM
    It's nice to see T-Mobile has finally added the Priv to their software updates page displaying it is currently undergoing internal testing... While our beta dreams may have been deprived, at least there is movement on T-Mobile's end... https://support.t-mobile.com/communi...ftware-updates

*Hate the way the CB Android app renders images and degrades the quality upon upload... Resent via my Classic/BB10 CB app*

Attachment 398704
    Attached Thumbnails Marshmallow Beta-10066.jpg  
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 05-01-16 at 09:42 AM.
    raino likes this.
    05-01-16 08:51 AM
    Great news I guess would be soon
    05-01-16 08:55 AM
    Great news I guess would be soon
    The fact that T-Mobile promptly acknowledged the upgrade (in comparison to other US carriers that is in regards to the Priv) is promising... Especially given the fact that they have been known to literally take forever when it is a device that isn't an Apple or Galaxy.... Hopefully it flows through to devices this week or sometime in the near future...

Last edited by CivilDissident; 05-01-16 at 10:38 AM.
    05-01-16 09:00 AM
    Finally... A lovely after work discovery...

Attached Thumbnails Marshmallow Beta-10637.jpg  
    05-04-16 02:24 PM
    A pretty robust update size too... It is refreshing T-Mobile is not dead last this time around... Hopefully they prominently push the official upgrade too...

Attached Thumbnails Marshmallow Beta-10639.jpg  
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 05-04-16 at 03:51 PM.
    05-04-16 02:31 PM
    I have beta 2 version of MM. No WFC on TMO. Hopefully Blackberry and TMO fix this asap
    05-05-16 07:12 AM
    Beta 3 on T-Mobile... No WFC, but it will be there upon official release... I have already asked customer care and they said it will be there when Marshmallow is officially rolled out on the Priv...

Posted via CB10
    05-05-16 04:15 PM
    i was just wondering about that, i noticed that wifi calling never connects. maybe that is part of what is causing my battery drain. part of it was adaptive brightness being turned on.
    05-06-16 10:42 AM
    i was just wondering about that, i noticed that wifi calling never connects. maybe that is part of what is causing my battery drain. part of it was adaptive brightness being turned on.
    My Priv's battery on Beta 3 has actually been magnificent... I DO have adaptive brightness turned off and also, since WFC isn't functioning, I have turned that off as well for now... When I am home and have no T-Mobile signal I have also been in the habit of turning off my network signal to prevent scanning that drains battery as well... With these things I have now been getting over 24hrs of use (Priv IS my secondary device, but prior I was only getting about 13-20hrs...) So in reference to the battery life and heating issues - the TWO largest complaints I've had with the Priv - the Beta has remedied this... It would be nice to test out WFC as well, but at least T-Mobile personally has reassured me that is WILL be there at release... Hopefully the issues it was having for some with WFC are also addressed and fixed...

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 06:50 AM
    I've had good luck wish it. Had to do a factory reset to get wifi calling to work though.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android from my BlackBerry Priv
    05-14-16 11:48 AM
    I've had good luck wish it. Had to do a factory reset to get wifi calling to work though.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android from my BlackBerry Priv
    I still have not been able to get WiFi calling to work... I have not factory reset, however...

Posted via CB10
    Bfalcon1 likes this.
    05-15-16 04:46 PM
    Well, I too did a factory reset and wfc is now there
    05-16-16 04:40 AM
29 12