So this is happening to me since the last outage that BIS experienced.

1. Gmail wont sync back from my BB to the server. Any reads or deletes do not get recognized.
    2. if i delete something on the BB, gmail resends it to the BB as a new email.
    3. Facebook, connected to my gmail, keeps showing messages over and over again as new even if i read or delete them. more than likely related to it not being able to delete these messages from the gmail server.

I have tried to resend the service books and that did not help. I have the quickpull software simulate a battery pull every night.

I tried to look on the forum and did not see a topic related to this so i started a new thread, sorry if this is already discussed somewhere.

Thanks for any help.

Mo
    Last edited by mualam; 12-28-09 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Correct spelling mistakes.
    12-28-09 10:22 AM
    did you delete the account and recreate it ?? those are some crazy issues.
    12-28-09 10:24 AM
    I am really trying to avoid that and the reason is because last few times i have deleted the account and recreated it, an inbox folder is left in my "view folder" option which is not connected to my gmail anymore but it also has all the email from before i deleted the account. now there are 3 empty "inbox" folders in my "view folder" area that i cant seem to delete (they are empty since i deleted all the emails from them.)

I guess if no one can figure out the issue then ill just have to delete the account once more and be left with another empty inbox folder.
    12-28-09 10:27 AM
    yeah i know its not the easiest things to do but its kinda seems like thats what it has come to sorry.
    12-28-09 10:48 AM
    so i looked in the email settings again and found that the "sync deleted items.." was unchecked. i checked it, saved the setting, and resent the service books. this now syncs the reads to my gmail but still does not sync the deletes.
    12-28-09 11:10 AM
    Delete the 2 service books associated with the account on the BB itself. Then log into the BIS portal and resend the service books. See what happens with a fresh copy. Also, are you using anything like the GMail sync app on your phone or any other PC? You're also going to want to see if you've made any changes to your GMail options online (like enable/disable IMAP4 or POP3) since the issue started.
    12-28-09 02:10 PM
    alright so i have tried everything by now. I deleted the service books and resent them. i dont think i had changed any imap settings but i went ahead and tried to make changes just to see if it would work, no dice. I deleted the whole account from my BB and readded it after a hard reboot and still no dice. reads are synced, deletes are still not synced, and any deleted item on only the BB is resent by gmail as a new item.
    12-30-09 09:44 AM
    So this is happening to me since the last outage that BIS experienced.

1. Gmail wont sync back from my BB to the server. Any reads or deletes do not get recognized.
    2. if i delete something on the BB, gmail resends it to the BB as a new email.
    3. Facebook, connected to my gmail, keeps showing messages over and over again as new even if i read or delete them. more than likely related to it not being able to delete these messages from the gmail server.

I have tried to resend the service books and that did not help. I have the quickpull software simulate a battery pull every night.

I tried to look on the forum and did not see a topic related to this so i started a new thread, sorry if this is already discussed somewhere.

Thanks for any help.

Mo
    I did a battery pull and resync and that seemed to solve my Gmail issue.
    12-30-09 09:49 AM
    I did a battery pull and resync and that seemed to solve my Gmail issue.
    what do you mean by resync?
    12-30-09 09:51 AM
    what do you mean by resync?
    I suppose I should have said reconciliation.

If you open up your gmail on your BB, push the menu button, scroll down to options and click it, you'll see something called "Email Reconciliation".

Which, to me, means resync.

Anyway, I did a regular battery pull, then did the reconciliation, and I haven't had any issues since.

It's now acting properly.

We may very well be talking about two different issues, with two different causes, and two different solutions. I hope that isn't the case, and I hope this helps.
    12-30-09 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD