Somehow I lost my bb curve earlier today. Not sure exactly how, but I suspect I left it on top of the hood of the car and then driving off. I could just kick myself! I'm so angry with myself. grrr...

I do have the $5.99 insurance with t-mobile, does anyone know if the insurance covers lost phones? please say it does! I've called tmo already to suspend the line just in case someone finds it and runs up my phone bill!
    05-25-08 03:17 PM
    im very sorry for your loss...
    05-25-08 03:21 PM
    eeeek not cool!!!

i would call and report it stolen....dont report it lost
    05-25-08 03:22 PM
    They will cover it. I would also suggest reporting it stolen along with your SD card although that they might not cover. Sorry for your loss, I lost my pearl over a year ago, riding my motorcycle fell out of my pocket ha. Let us know if it works out for you.
    05-25-08 03:26 PM
    Sorry that happened to you. Hopefully TMo will replace it for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-08 03:42 PM
    that sucks. if i lost my berry i would be ....well, lost!
    05-25-08 03:50 PM
    They will replace it if you report it stolen there will be a $100 deductible for the insurance but that's a better price than it would be to replace it on your own... Some phones just shouldn't have insurance I have people come into my store all the time and they want to replace a razr with insurance lol I tell them to go to walmart and buy the prepaid razr for $80 and save $20 plus shipping... But insurance on a bb is great it saves you sooo much money

05-25-08 04:08 PM
    Sorry to hear that, hope T-Mobile covers it......
    05-25-08 04:22 PM
    Hope you get your new BB soon.

05-25-08 04:45 PM
    They will definitely replace it for you with no problem. Don't say it was stolen, they ask for a police report. And don't say it got damaged because then they ask you to send it in. Just tell them the truth, pay the deductable (might be less then 100) and enjoy your brand new refurbished pearl! Sorry for your loss. I would probably cry.

05-25-08 04:57 PM
    They will definitely replace it for you with no problem. Don't say it was stolen, they ask for a police report. And don't say it got damaged because then they ask you to send it in. Just tell them the truth, pay the deductable (might be less then 100) and enjoy your brand new refurbished pearl! Sorry for your loss. I would probably cry.

05-25-08 04:58 PM
    I got one replaced about a month ago after the first one got damaged by falling off the bumper of the fire truck . I had to pay the 110.00 deductible and send in the damaged phone.

On the general flyer they sent with the phone, it read, "If by chance your claim is for a lost phone, please mail phone if it is found."

So, I agree that you should report it lost, as reporting it stolen will require a police report.

Good luck.
    05-25-08 05:09 PM
    Major bummer. Get another one ASAP, or you'll have withdrawls Somebody send me the 411 on SexyladyMD!

05-25-08 05:14 PM
    I love the info, I lost two or three phone. I'm surprised that T-mo never asked if I had insurance or not.

I left my BB in class two weeks ago, I went back a hour later and it was still there. With my history of lost phones I truly I feel the pain of losing a phone.
    05-25-08 05:29 PM
    They should cover it, but you will have to pay the deductible. I agree be honest about what happened.
    05-25-08 05:30 PM
    u need to suspend the line just in case sumone does get to it and it is workin n runs ur billup and i no at this moment u dont want that call tomobile hopefully they can replace it for u
    05-25-08 09:12 PM
    Somehow I lost my bb curve earlier today. Not sure exactly how, but I suspect I left it on top of the hood of the car and then driving off. I could just kick myself! I'm so angry with myself. grrr...

I do have the $5.99 insurance with t-mobile, does anyone know if the insurance covers lost phones? please say it does! I've called tmo already to suspend the line just in case someone finds it and runs up my phone bill!
    I am sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out. Look on the bright side, you'll get a whole new curve and get the joy of doing everything to it when you first got it. Once again Sorry
    05-25-08 10:28 PM
    So sorry 4 ur lost ! I'm a newbie but I can imagine my sorrow if I lost my BB!
    05-25-08 10:42 PM
    I am sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out. Look on the bright side, you'll get a whole new curve and get the joy of doing everything to it when you first got it. Once again Sorry
    He makes a very good point... You get a brand new berry fresh out of the box!
    Good luck with T-Mobile. Please post the end result
    05-25-08 10:54 PM
    Damn that's a sad sad thing. I'm with everyone else, tell them it was lost as reporting it stolen requires a police report. They'll have you fill out an affidavit that you'll have to have notarized.
    05-25-08 11:15 PM
    Vzw's deductible isn't that bad. I think its 40 or 50. They require police reports even for lost phones. I know. I have to write them.

05-25-08 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD