BlackBerry Bold 9650 unveiled at WES, available in May

According to an unofficial Verizon Wireless source, the 1st of May will see the BlackBerry Bold 9650 available for Verizon. The handset would be officially unveiled at the annual WES (Wireless Enterprise Symposium) conference organized by Research in Motion on April 27th.

BlackBerry Bold 9650 unveiled at WES, available in May | High Tech Lounge

I shall be getting one soon there after.
    04-24-10 02:53 PM
    yup, BGR saying the same thing for Verizon, may 1st...

however they left out a very important detail. The Bold 9650 has 512mb of memory, double that of the Tour a long with 2gb of on board memory, with obviously trackpad, WIFI, and open GL, with reports of a faster processor which we will find out at WES

its a big upgrade from the Tour at this point due to that much memory and OS 6.0 ready and webkit ready

I'll be first in line may 1st
    04-24-10 04:13 PM
    yup, BGR saying the same thing for Verizon, may 1st...

however they left out a very important detail. The Bold 9650 has 512mb of memory, double that of the Tour a long with 2gb of on board memory, with obviously trackpad, WIFI, and open GL, with reports of a faster processor which we will find out at WES

its a big upgrade from the Tour at this point due to that much memory and OS 6.0 ready and webkit ready

I'll be first in line may 1st

Yeah that article is pretty thin on specs. Makes me wonder if OS6 is going to be able to run on the 9630. I love my Tour but I will upgrading. The trackball is starting to stick more often. Mainly due to my job in that I am outside in a sometimes dusty environment I think. I just got Verizon late last year so looks like I'll be paying full price...eh..not a big deal.
    04-24-10 08:26 PM
    I don't expect it to release May 1st. The 1st is a Saturday isn't it!? Kind of a weird day to release the phone. Friday is the usual standard. Plus with the 8530 they announced it nearly a month before the Nov 20th release(Friday BTW). I'm more apt to believe the original 27th or 28th date I was hearing before. Look for the announcement of the release date on the 1st.
    04-24-10 11:44 PM
    It's out when it's out. No need to get twisted if its Friday or Monday or in 2011...
    When it's announced, then you'll know.
    04-25-10 12:40 AM
    But it's CHRISTMAS!! We HAVE to know what day that is!!!! It's a moral IMPERATIVE!!!
    04-25-10 06:03 AM
    I don't expect it to release May 1st. The 1st is a Saturday isn't it!? Kind of a weird day to release the phone. Friday is the usual standard.

I don't agree either. This week will be a big release with the HTC Incredible. I already know there will be lots of fanfare about it in the stores, so I'm certain they wouldn't release a new Blackberry within two days of the HTC. And Friday is not necessarily a "standard" on releases. In my time with the company, a Tuesday or Thursday is more common. But the original Tour was released on a Sunday.
    04-25-10 07:32 AM
    Well we'll know on Tuesday won't we?
    04-25-10 11:18 PM
    I don't agree either. This week will be a big release with the HTC Incredible. I already know there will be lots of fanfare about it in the stores, so I'm certain they wouldn't release a new Blackberry within two days of the HTC. And Friday is not necessarily a "standard" on releases. In my time with the company, a Tuesday or Thursday is more common. But the original Tour was released on a Sunday.
    actually, May 1st is on a Saturday for the release of the Bold 9650 on Verizon.
    04-26-10 06:39 AM
    actually, May 1st is on a Saturday for the release of the Bold 9650 on Verizon.

I stated I doubt the Blackberry would be released two days after the Incredible. Thursday release of the Incredible plus two days is indeed Saturday. The Friday comment I made was in response to someone saying that Friday's are a common release day for Verizon, which is not entirely true.
    04-26-10 07:03 AM
    Home page of Crackberry states it's been officially announced to the public, but no specific release date. It also says that should be coming in the next few weeks, so as I said above, I think May 1st is not a good date.
    04-26-10 07:47 AM
    Very cool,looking forward to this. I'm not elligable for an upgrade until next year so by then they will have all the bugs and defects squared away

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    more than likely the way they (RIM) have been working they will have replaced it and anounced its end of life just like everything else around here
    04-26-10 07:49 AM
    It's out when it's out. No need to get twisted if its Friday or Monday or in 2011...
    When it's announced, then you'll know.
    i agree with you on this
    04-26-10 07:51 AM
    I'm gonna take a wait and see attitude!
    04-26-10 08:28 AM
    Any VZW Store employees here? They must know!
    04-26-10 11:12 AM
    Any VZW Store employees here? They must know!
    They don't know, they find out days before. I'm gonna take an educated guess and say 5/16, which would be 1 week before the announced Sprint release. My guess is THAT is the date that Verizon is targeting, but does not want to announce because they are not sure yet. And often they don't officially announce phones.

BUT who knows?
    04-26-10 01:30 PM
    For those of you who don't know me, I am a ccorporate VZW rep. I've been with the company nearly four years and have a good grip on how things work. One of the biggest tell tale signs that it won't be released is we have had no training on it. Considering it's got somr major upgrades from the Tour, I'm certain we will get training first. Seccond, we have never released a phhone on a Saturday. Third, the HTC Incredible launches Thursday and I can't see anything else being launched the same weekend. This isn't to say it won't happen, but I highly doubt it.

04-26-10 03:39 PM
    For those of you who don't know me, I am a ccorporate VZW rep. I've been with the company nearly four years and have a good grip on how things work. One of the biggest tell tale signs that it won't be released is we have had no training on it. Considering it's got somr major upgrades from the Tour, I'm certain we will get training first. Seccond, we have never released a phhone on a Saturday. Third, the HTC Incredible launches Thursday and I can't see anything else being launched the same weekend. This isn't to say it won't happen, but I highly doubt it.

But you would agree, beating sprint (providing Q & A sign's off on the software) could make the 5/16ish date realistic. And again, it's just my guestimate.
    04-26-10 05:23 PM
    I went to a VZW store, watched them look it up on their computer and was told (and saw) "May 31st in-store". This was at 10:37am CST.
    04-26-10 05:29 PM
    Well this sucks. I just did my NE2 update to the Tour this past weekend but I haven't even received the new phone yet. Will I have a 30 day window to change my mind if the Bold ends up being in my price range?
    04-26-10 05:55 PM
    You will have a 30 day window regardless.

It remains to be seen if the Bold 9650 will be released on Verizon within that window.
    04-26-10 06:37 PM
    But you would agree, beating sprint (providing Q & A sign's off on the software) could make the 5/16ish date realistic. And again, it's just my guestimate.
    I would say that time frame is ultra realistic.
    04-26-10 11:00 PM
    just around the corner!! lets go. i wanna get my hands on one of these
    04-27-10 09:36 AM
    Well this sucks. I just did my NE2 update to the Tour this past weekend but I haven't even received the new phone yet. Will I have a 30 day window to change my mind if the Bold ends up being in my price range?
    My guess on pricing would be $199 after MIR
    04-27-10 11:58 AM
    Imagine the bold and incredible in the same week or two...network overload!
    04-27-10 12:36 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD