I recently won a 9630 tour from the Uteck Bowl(Halifax), since i am already on a 2yr contract with rogers and the phone was bell; i got it unlocked. However because of this(I assume) I have no ability to use the web browser functionality of the phone(or any data-dependent functions-inc. mms) as of yet.

For added info:
    This is my(My S.O. has one that I've used many a time) first BB so I'm a little unsure of a few things.
    I'm running software v4.7.1.40
    The phone's original carrier is Bell Canada
    The phone was never activated by Bell(still has "Activation Required" status message at top of home screen)
    After being unlocked i have full text(SMS only) and call functionality

Here are the problems which do not allow me to do soI think, correct me if I'm wrong please.)
    1. The Service Book is empty. The 9630 is not a phone offered by rogers and therefor has no Phone-Specific Service Book entries. I have been pointed by a few threads to follow the guide here:

forums(dot)crackberry(dot)com/f135/howto-get-all-features-browser-mms-working-t-w-unlocked-storm-95xx-107154

2. I am not able to create a Rogers BIS account on the the associated BB site here:

bis(dot)na(dot)blackberry(dot)com/html?brand=rogers

Any insight as to whether number 1's guide will work or a solution to number two would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. Please excuse the crude URL(s) as I realize i should have to contribute a bit before being able to post URL(s) and i plan to. However this is a significant problem for me and i was looking to get help A.S.A.P.
    Last edited by konamacona; 11-22-09 at 12:31 AM.
    11-22-09 12:29 AM
    Indeed i do have a BIS contract with rogers.

The phone does use a SIM card and i'll try your method asap and post whether it worked or not. Thanks for the advice either way
    11-22-09 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD