Hi all,

I just received a Blackberry 9700 from work the other day. It's my first blackberry. My workplace does not use BES yet, so I have BIS. I went through the e-mail setup wizard on the Blackberry and setup a username att.blackberry. net account.

So now I go to att.blackberry.com and try to login to the BIS but it keeps saying invalid username/password. If I click forgot password and put my PIN in, I get the message on my BB that the account doesn't exist.

Is the username att.blackberry. net e-mail account that I set up not the same as the BIS login?
    12-03-09 10:18 PM
    The username and password are what you establish when you create your BIS account. With the current version of BIS you should be able to enter your IMEI and PIN number in the "create an account" (paraphrasing) fields and create an account. If that doesn't work call customer service and they'll be able to set it up tof you.
    12-03-09 10:23 PM
    Hi all,

Is the username att.blackberry. net e-mail account that I set up not the same as the BIS login?
    Try entering your first and last name for the "user name" and see if that works. AT&T set mine up this way and I never realized it till I called in and a Rep. told me what it was.
    12-04-09 03:08 PM
    I don't know if you're still having troubles, but I think you just need to create a user name.

If you use e-mail setup in the phone, it doesn't create a username by default. The email@att.blackberry.net is not your username, so you'll have to create one in the phone. Once that's done, you should be able to log in via BlackBerry Internet Service. This enables you to just manage your phone's email accounts via the device only, without a password.

Give this a try, to create a username.
    Create a user name and password for your BlackBerry Internet Service account
    Last edited by joemecu; 12-04-09 at 08:59 PM.
    12-04-09 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD