Hi Everyone!

I'm currently with Telus and my parents are with Rogers. I'm looking at switching back to Rogers myself (it's been about 3 years since I was last with them) and I'm liking the LG Eve.

My question to you all, have you used the LG Eve? Heard anything good or bad about it?

I love my blackberry (or I did at one point) but I just don't know enough people who use BBM and I'm not a fan of the browser.

Any experience/thoughts you can provide would be appreciated!

Thanks
    01-13-10 04:57 PM
    never used it. The new 9700 has an upgraded browser. I don't find the need to use opera mini anymore.

Something to consider.
    01-13-10 06:48 PM
    In my experience, there have been alot of returns or exchanges for the LG Eve, most of the reasons were "charge port issue" or "power cycles" or "black screen when slides open". I've never seen so many Returns or Exchanges on a Smartphone before.

But that's my IMO
    01-15-10 06:01 PM
    In my experience, there have been alot of returns or exchanges for the LG Eve, most of the reasons were "charge port issue" or "power cycles" or "black screen when slides open". I've never seen so many Returns or Exchanges on a Smartphone before.

But that's my IMO
    Thanks for the info! I think I'll have to do a bit more research or wait it out awhile longer
    01-15-10 09:13 PM
    np, 9700 is always the best answer lol
    01-16-10 12:43 AM
    dont even bother with the LG eve, i liked it at first when i showed it to a customer, but after playing with it thoroughly, i realized the touch interface is way too touchy. You will get insanely frustrated when it clicks on an app everytime you just try to scroll down. I do not recommend this phone for anyone. If your looking for a good Android phone, get the magic. It is also possible to put the 2.0 HTC hero software on it which makes it that much better.

I'd still go with the 9700, I have it and its absolutely amazing.
    01-20-10 12:09 AM
    dont even bother with the LG eve, i liked it at first when i showed it to a customer, but after playing with it thoroughly, i realized the touch interface is way too touchy. You will get insanely frustrated when it clicks on an app everytime you just try to scroll down. I do not recommend this phone for anyone. If your looking for a good Android phone, get the magic. It is also possible to put the 2.0 HTC hero software on it which makes it that much better.

I'd still go with the 9700, I have it and its absolutely amazing.
    Thanks for the advice. It can be difficult to see whether you're going to like the phone when you only have a few minutes to check it out. The sad thing is, I had to go to a third party store to even try it - the reps at the Rogers store "didn't have" a working one to try.
    01-23-10 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD