I should write to RIM also about it considering they manufactured it.

So, I still have not received a reply to the letter from the higher up executives I sent it to (nor do I expect to) but yesterday morning, at the same time as I sent the letter (not sure if it was related to it), I received my $100 statement account from the appeal I had made through customer service. I found out by calling and asking for the tracking # on the phone they sent me and the customer service rep said that my account showed a $100 reimbursement. I doubt they are related because I am sure no one reads the executive's email inboxes on Sunday morning, but who knows?

I am now going to post on the planetfeedback forums.
    Now if you had only used half the effort now, when you were in your 30 day, I bet you wouldn't be here. Good Luck.
    12-07-09 10:44 PM
    I should write to RIM also about it considering they manufactured it.

So, I still have not received a reply to the letter from the higher up executives I sent it to (nor do I expect to) but yesterday morning, at the same time as I sent the letter (not sure if it was related to it), I received my $100 statement account from the appeal I had made through customer service. I found out by calling and asking for the tracking # on the phone they sent me and the customer service rep said that my account showed a $100 reimbursement. I doubt they are related because I am sure no one reads the executive's email inboxes on Sunday morning, but who knows?

I am now going to post on the planetfeedback forums.
    How about shedding some light as to why you've had the phone replaced so many times?
    12-08-09 07:44 AM
    How about shedding some light as to why you've had the phone replaced so many times?
    He won't say cuz its all bs issues/user issues...
    12-08-09 07:48 AM
    Here is why I had 4 tours:

1. Acquired on launch date: trackball
    2. (new phone in store few days later) muffled speech
    3. (new phone in store about 1.5 months later) trackball stopped working
    4. (refurb fed exed - 3 months) phone is fine
    12-08-09 08:52 AM

See none of those are even problems!

JK
    12-08-09 09:05 AM

So.....you had issues with 2 phones within your 30 days? Hmmmm.
    12-08-09 09:14 AM
    That's what I figured.
    12-08-09 10:17 AM
    If you're just going to bash, then don't bother commenting. No one asked for flamers who don't have anything to add to the conversation. If you are going to say something productive, feel free to comment.

1st time - same day i got it, programmed incorrectly and data and email didnt work, 2 hours on phone and they couldnt figure out what setting was programmed incorrectly and they told me to go back and just get a new one
    2nd - for 2 weeks phone was still not getting access to EV network, only 1X, couldnt figure it out, intermittent data, told me to bring to store
    3rd - i think the trackball
    4th - unrecoverable bricked phone - why does the phone brick itself when you install applications? shouldnt the OS be stable enough?
    5th - trackball
    6-th unrecoverable bricked phone
    7th - this time - trackball

3 thorugh 6 may be in a different order because I don't really remember anymore what the order was. I may be forgetting a reason also.

I received a call from an executive in the NE Executive office. I called back and left a message. I'll let you know what happens.
    12-08-09 11:52 AM
    So the first replacement was a brand new phone not a refurb?
    The 2nd was a sign that the phone sucks and you should just return it.
    3rd Trackball oh well
    4th You bricked the phone with 3rd party apps
    5th Trackball oh well
    6th You brick the phone yet again
    7th trackball again... So in reality you have recieved 3 replacements that were faulty...
    12-08-09 12:04 PM
    Most of them were brand new. The 1st two replacements were within 30 days. I think only one or two were refurbished phones. Thats what they said at the store. No other phone has the features I want, so I am stuck with this one for the time being.
    12-08-09 12:06 PM
    I had a simular situation, here's my letter.

Dear Verizon Corperate Office,

I purchased a phone from your company, the Blackberry Tour. I have had numerous problems with it. Some, resulting from my own negligence, but on the most part due to faulty hardware. I kept the phone, even though it was giving me problems since day one, beyond the 30 day Worry Free Guarantee, thereby having to keep this phone until my next upgrade. I have had 7 replacements and since your company sells the phones, I believe you make the phone also. So I now call my crapped out Tour, the Verizonberry Tour. I hold no fault to this alleged RIM that people talk about, so I would like you to give me money and a new phone. I plan on talking about this to friends, family and posting it everywhere but up, on the internet. I have always gotten my way by slamming my body on the floor and screaming, I don't plan on stopping now. So I hope you read this and provide me with what I want or else.

Love,

SuperMario
    Last edited by supermario28; 12-08-09 at 12:27 PM.
    12-08-09 12:24 PM
    I had a simular situation, here's my letter.

Dear Verizon Corperate Office,

I purchased a phone from your company, the Blackberry Tour. I have had numerous problems with it. Some, resulting from my own negligence, but on the most part due to faulty hardware. I kept the phone, even though it was giving me problems since day one, beyond the 30 day Worry Free Guarantee, thereby having to keep this phone until my next upgrade. I have had 7 replacements and since your company sells the phones, I believe you make the phone also. So I now call my crapped out Tour, the Verizonberry Tour. I hold no fault to this alleged RIM that people talk about, so I would like you to give me money and a new phone. I plan on talking about this to friends, family and posting it everywhere but up, on the internet. I have always gotten my way by slamming my body on the floor and screaming, I don't plan on stopping now. So I hope you read this and provide me with what I want or else.

Love,

SuperMario
    Mine was very similar...
    12-08-09 12:28 PM
    Obviously you haven't dealt with a huge corporation before because as a paying customer, you are entitled to actual customer service if they want to keep you as a paying customer. And I pay a pretty hefty bill each month. This is only the 2nd time I have ever done this with an issue so ridiculous (the first time was a Dell laptop that had a known issue with hardware and they had my laptop for 4 months because the part was on backorder so I asked to just give me the money back and they did). So if you know when to ask for more and do it correctly, you will always be right.

Why don't the two of you find something else to do instead of antagonizing and turning someone away from wanting to be involved in the community? I'm sure the admins and those that are open to new members really appreciate it.
    12-08-09 12:31 PM
    Obviously you haven't dealt with a huge corporation before because as a paying customer, you are entitled to actual customer service if they want to keep you as a paying customer. And I pay a pretty hefty bill each month. This is only the 2nd time I have ever done this with an issue so ridiculous (the first time was a Dell laptop that had a known issue with hardware and they had my laptop for 4 months because the part was on backorder so I asked to just give me the money back and they did). So if you know when to ask for more and do it correctly, you will always be right.

Why don't the two of you find something else to do instead of antagonizing and turning someone away from wanting to be involved in the community? I'm sure the admins and those that are open to new members really appreciate it.
    Without being pejorative, how does one brick three phones and then blame Verizon or RIM? It's like surfing to a website, catching a virus and then blaming intel (or AMD) and going back to Dell to give you a new computer because their computer caught a virus.

In reality, you bricked the phone 3 times, the initial setup was dubious and they gave you a new phone because they couldn't figure it out and 3 had trackball issues.

Wow.
    12-08-09 12:49 PM
    Never said it was not my fault but it was only twice bricked.
    12-08-09 12:59 PM
    Never said it was not my fault

Ahhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha.....................but none the less, you pay what you consider a hefty bill (even though someone else has ten times the lines of service you do and probably less problems) and you feel it's owed to you, wait.......wait wait wait, YOU ARE ENTITLED I forgot that part.
    12-08-09 01:07 PM
    Whats the span of all this? LIke 6 months? Or like 3 months?
    12-08-09 01:07 PM
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha.....................but none the less, you pay what you consider a hefty bill (even though someone else has ten times the lines of service you do and probably less problems) and you feel it's owed to you, wait.......wait wait wait, YOU ARE ENTITLED I forgot that part.
    In the words of dad, the entitleforce is strong with this one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 01:39 PM
    Verizon doesn't produce a product, they provide a service. They facilitate warranty repairs as a courtesy, but these are not their products.
    Mine is a refurb...working perfectly. The only thing I care about is, it looks like new and operates like new and that most importantly, Verizon Wireless stands behind their products.
    12-08-09 01:43 PM

So now you feel entitled to tell me what to do? Ahahahahaha! Go write a letter to my mommy, tell her I'm a bad boy. Go demand money for the tissue you had to buy crying over my post.

12-08-09 03:07 PM
    Well, Verizon called me back. They are basically doing everything I asked for - I already got the credit back for the price of the phone but they are going to make my account immediately eligible for an upgrade with a new $100 credit and they are going to handle the manager at the Manalapan store "internally."

While yes, Verizon provides a service not a product, they have to support that product and support their customers - and that means however bad the products that they allow to be sold - are. Remember, you are their customer so they work for you, not the other way around. It matters to them when you have a legitimate complaint.

Thanks to those who provided real feedback.
    Last edited by joshtb86; 12-08-09 at 03:14 PM.
    12-08-09 03:09 PM
    You're welcome!!!!

12-08-09 03:17 PM
    OH LOL I am a dumbass, joshtb I am the one who just called you haha!!! Glad you got it resolved!
    12-08-09 07:46 PM
    So now you feel entitled to tell me what to do? Ahahahahaha! Go write a letter to my mommy, tell her I'm a bad boy. Go demand money for the tissue you had to buy crying over my post.

And don't forget the money it cost to go buy those tissues.
    12-09-09 06:47 AM
    To the OP: Can you share what 3rd party apps crashed your phone?
    12-09-09 10:25 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD