hey... any comments/feedback on this letter to verizon about the blackberry tour problems that i have had for the last four months? has anyone else experienced this or heard about this 3 time replacement policy of theirs?
    12-06-09 08:42 AM
    The phone was not set up properly and after over two hours on the phone with Verizon technical support, they sent me back to the [EDIT: store]phone to get it replaced. This would begin a long record of technical support phone calls and visits to various Verizon stores.
    Other than that it looks fine to me. Just a couple of thoughts:

1. Go through the process of posting your letter at PlanetFeedback: Voice of One, Power of Many . I've read of good response time from VZW coming from letters posted there, which are redirected to VZW directly;
    2. You might also sent it to Charlie Falco, who heads up customer relations. You can link to his office from here Executive Leadership

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.
    12-06-09 09:04 AM
    So since day one you had issues and you have a 30 day WFG and you kept the phone past 30 days........
    That's like the women who stay in abusive relationships because they think the guy will change.
    Anyways, good luck.
    12-06-09 09:34 AM
    Not to nitpick but suspected typo in the second paragraph next to last sentence (word "phone" should be "store" I THINK). That one jumped I did not read it for others!!!

Good letter. I have been having DOWN scrolling issues for the last 2 or 3 weeks. But my phone is so well protected in an Otterbox that I do not want some refurb that might be marred. I had an 8830 for almost 2 years and never had trackball issues with it as discolored from use as it was. They really messed up changing a tried and true trackball system.
    12-06-09 09:42 AM
    People who are on their 7th, 8th, 9th Tour are people who call Verizon, state their issue, and let Verizon continue to send them the same device. If you dont ask Verizon if there is another option, they are not going to go above and beyond to help you. Speaking from experience, having my 3rd Tour replaced, I told them this was ridiculous, and that I didnt want this anymore and asked for another option. Well, guess what...my brand new Storm2 replacement is on its way to me, and will be here by Wednesday.

Advise, call Verizon, ask for a supervisor, explain your situation, tell them you are unhappy, and aware of their multi-fru policy, and that they owe it to you to correct the situation.

Personally, I do not see how a letter will impact them. They are a dime a dozen to them I'm sure, and you will see a quicker resolution by calling and talking to someone to correct the problem right then.

Well, thats my $.02 atleast.
    12-06-09 09:46 AM
    Not to nitpick but suspected typo in the second paragraph next to last sentence (word "phone" should be "store" I THINK). That one jumped I did not read it for others!!!

Good letter. I have been having DOWN scrolling issues for the last 2 or 3 weeks. But my phone is so well protected in an Otterbox that I do not want some refurb that might be marred. I had an 8830 for almost 2 years and never had trackball issues with it as discolored from use as it was. They really messed up changing a tried and true trackball system.
    The refurbs are cosmetically sound, you shouldnt get a refurb that has any cosmetic defects, if it does, get a new one. As for the trackball, most stores with technicians on site can actually change the trackball of the device i have been told by Verizon.
    12-06-09 09:52 AM
    Wow, thanks for all the feedback. I'll definitely post it on that site.

As for getting it swapped with another phone, there are no other blackberry devices that have all the features that I want right now, so this will have to do. Maybe when one comes out I can try that out.

Verizon also told me that they can't fix the tour trackball in the store. All other devices they will but they will not for the tour because its a "new" phone. That was a really poor explanation of why they can't fix it in the store.

Thanks for the link to Charlie Falco also. I've been trying to find contact info for the Verizon corporate offices but its so obscure to find online that I've had little luck.
    12-06-09 10:09 AM
    Well what features of the 9630 does the 8530 not have besides the flash on the camera? Granted it is a lower resolution screen but you can adjust to that. Also it has the full memory, and a trackpad and has WiFi...
    12-06-09 10:13 AM
    Well what features of the 9630 does the 8530 not have besides the flash on the camera? Granted it is a lower resolution screen but you can adjust to that. Also it has the full memory, and a trackpad and has WiFi...
    its also not Global capable.
    12-06-09 10:15 AM
    The global support is the most important feature for me that I can not get on another phone that also has the features I want. So until then, the Tour will have to do.
    12-06-09 10:18 AM
    Wow, thanks for all the feedback. I'll definitely post it on that site.

As for getting it swapped with another phone, there are no other blackberry devices that have all the features that I want right now, so this will have to do. Maybe when one comes out I can try that out.

Verizon also told me that they can't fix the tour trackball in the store. All other devices they will but they will not for the tour because its a "new" phone. That was a really poor explanation of why they can't fix it in the store.

Thanks for the link to Charlie Falco also. I've been trying to find contact info for the Verizon corporate offices but its so obscure to find online that I've had little luck.
    You're welcome. FWIW I'm typically cynical about these sorts of threads. I need to become more open to that, I suppose. Anyway, in your instance you laid out the issue so clearly, and requested what is (IMO), reasonable relief from VZW. The prior poster is correct: you did have a 30 day WFG. But you'd stated why you went beyond that 30 day period (because you believed you were receiving support). In any event like I said, good luck.
    12-06-09 10:19 AM
    The global support is the most important feature for me that I can not get on another phone that also has the features I want. So until then, the Tour will have to do.
    The Storm is Global capable, as is the TP2, Saga, Ozone, Imagio amoung a few others.......
    12-06-09 10:21 AM
    Well what features of the 9630 does the 8530 not have besides the flash on the camera?...
    1) 8530 does not have global capability.

2) 8530 is EV-DO Rev. 0 (the Tour is Rev. A).

#1 was a non-issue to me, but #2 was definitely an issue. I use my BB for tethering and want the significantly faster speed that EV-DO Rev. A. offers. I couldn't care less about the difference in the cameras between the two, as I rarely use the camera feature on my phone....if I want to take a photo, I'll use an actual digital camera.
    12-06-09 11:59 AM
    I think it might be acceptable that you get a new Tour or Storm2... and even $99 might be an acceptable request, but requesting to be allowed to upgrade again is too much.

The Multi Exchange Program is an optional program that reps can choose to use at their own discretion. So its not a case of reps choosing which policies to follow...

I certainly would like to hear the resolution of this situation...
    12-06-09 09:35 PM
    hey... any comments/feedback on this letter to verizon about the blackberry tour problems that i have had for the last four months? has anyone else experienced this or heard about this 3 time replacement policy of theirs?
    What a saga. I've been in both stores and they always were accomodating. I'm on my fourth tour and I guess 4 is my lucky number. You should ask for gas money. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 09:49 PM
    What a saga. I've been in both stores and they always were accomodating. I'm on my fourth tour and I guess 4 is my lucky number. You should ask for gas money. Good luck.

Gas money? While your at it, ask them for a million dollars, a Storm 3, BOSE headphones, a Benz, pot brownies and a Laberdoodle.
    12-06-09 11:23 PM
    Gas money? While your at it, ask them for a million dollars, a Storm 3, BOSE headphones, a Benz, pot brownies and a Laberdoodle.
    I'm allergic to dogs, but I really like the remainder of the suggestions.
    12-07-09 08:04 AM
    Go with a puggle...
    12-07-09 08:28 AM
    I'd really like to know what some of the issues are regarding all of the replacements.

12-07-09 12:03 PM
    The usual.
    Backdoor, trackball,screen ripple, and all that Jazz!
    12-07-09 12:04 PM
    The usual.
    Backdoor, trackball,screen ripple, and all that Jazz!
    don't forget the famous "I should get a new phone not a refurbed" complaint too. Sometimes that alone is a problem in itself. Because we all know that we DESERVE a spankin new phone, for our 5 month old device, every time we have a prolblem with it.
    12-07-09 12:17 PM
    don't forget the famous "I should get a new phone not a refurbed" complaint too. Sometimes that alone is a problem in itself. Because we all know that we DESERVE a spankin new phone, for our 5 month old device, every time we have a prolblem with it.
    Mine is a refurb...working perfectly. The only thing I care about is, it looks like new and operates like new and that most importantly, Verizon Wireless stands behind their products.
    12-07-09 04:08 PM
    I've had 2 Tours all together and have had some problems with the trackball. I noticed that you said it took you 2 hours on the phone with tech support for the original? What was actually wrong? I've never EVER spent 2 hours talking with a customer no matter what the problem is. Rarely do I ever have a call that goes longer than 1 hour.

Looks like a good honest letter and hopefully you'll have something done about it. Personally I would have offered you a different device.

You may even want to send something to RIM and complain to them for manufacturing the phone in such a way.
    12-07-09 04:54 PM

<snip>

You may even want to send something to RIM and complain to them for manufacturing the phone in such a way.
    This. ^^ I've no love for Verizon, but they are only the middleman in cases like this. IMO they are supporting the crapola RIM manufactures lately as best they can, and often better than should be expected.
    12-07-09 05:09 PM
    I should write to RIM also about it considering they manufactured it.

So, I still have not received a reply to the letter from the higher up executives I sent it to (nor do I expect to) but yesterday morning, at the same time as I sent the letter (not sure if it was related to it), I received my $100 statement account from the appeal I had made through customer service. I found out by calling and asking for the tracking # on the phone they sent me and the customer service rep said that my account showed a $100 reimbursement. I doubt they are related because I am sure no one reads the executive's email inboxes on Sunday morning, but who knows?

I am now going to post on the planetfeedback forums.
    12-07-09 10:09 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD