I now hate Verizon! I was with them for two years on my BlackBerry storm and after that I switched to AT&T because I got poor reception in my area under Verizon (on a side note I want to point out that I get perfect signal with AT&T). But after a little over a year, the touch screen on my Samsung Impression (the phone I have with AT&T; it sucks don't ever get it!) stopped functioning properly. So, I called Verizon and they won't give me it unless I have 60 days of good credit with them and I am currently activated with them even though my 2 year contract already finished!
    Sorry to hear that. We can help you unlock your Blackberry and get you up and running.
    06-05-11 06:24 AM
    calling your carrier helps but not all the time. telling them you'll go overseas helps. but depending on customer service agent they will or will not give you code.
    06-10-11 02:45 PM
    Canadian carriers will never give you the code Bell will charge you $80 for the same codes we provide.
    06-16-11 02:12 PM
    it's messy, stressful, & most the time it's worth the 5-20 to get it from a seller but I always always tell ppl on forums to try their carrier first.
    07-01-11 07:29 PM
    For sure, we don't want our customers to pay for something if they can get it for free and if they're in no rush.
    07-02-11 11:25 AM
    it's messy, stressful, & most the time it's worth the 5-20 to get it from a seller but I always always tell ppl on forums to try their carrier first.
    Good advise but I always boil it down to how much is your time worth. When you factor in the sitting on hold, the discussion, bargaining, pleading with customer support while you try and get them to hand it over to you, in the end a lot of times, you end up happier going to a seller. Though I do know there are those lucky ones that get a good customer support agent that gets them through the process quickly, I just haven't heard many of those stories.
    I'd much rather be out enjoying my summer than dealing with that.
    07-05-11 06:42 PM
    Agree with the above.
    07-07-11 12:32 AM
    ok guyS 10bucks paypal i can help get codes100%
    07-26-11 01:18 AM
    Thanks for the help!
    07-26-11 10:31 AM
    Does all carriers of the same name in US and Canada use the same method of wireless? If I buy or recycle an US used BB will I have problems when used in Canada. By the way. just received msg from ebay discouraging me paying for unlock code I purchased. Think they just changed policy to not sell such. I have a bid now for a BB 8830 by a carrier which is not available in my area of Canada.. so of course I must unlock if I wish to use it.. Practical and good info supplied above... Thanks
    08-15-11 08:08 PM
    Thank god it is 100% legal! I love my business! Unlocking Blackberry phones is my hobby!
    08-20-11 06:18 AM
    it never should have been legal to lock phones to a single carriers. people should be allowed to switch carriers and bring the phone that they have purchased with it. if they want to leave before a contract is up, pay a penalty. in fact, it is illegal for a carrier to sell phones that are locked in my country.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    03-16-12 05:14 AM
    Even if I am not the original owner of the phone, I have been able to call carrier to get an unlock code for the particular phone locked to that carrier. You just have to give them a compelling reason for your request.
    03-28-12 04:27 AM
    Even if I am not the original owner of the phone, I have been able to call carrier to get an unlock code for the particular phone locked to that carrier. You just have to give them a compelling reason for your request.
    Yes, most carriers will give you the unlock code for free.
    03-28-12 10:52 AM
    Does all carriers of the same name in US and Canada use the same method of wireless? If I buy or recycle an US used BB will I have problems when used in Canada. Practical and good info supplied above... Thanks
    I'm trying to find a 9300 or 9330 for my sister in ES but I can't quite figure out if she'll be able to unlock it for use w/ a carrier there. I know that phones w/ CDMA systems can't be transferred since they don't take SIMs but how do I figure out which ones do?

I think all Verizon & Sprint cells can't be trf'd over though they can be unlocked but if so, what other carriers' phones WILL?

Help?
    08-18-12 07:06 AM

it'sfree unlocking
    03-08-13 04:52 AM
    hi
    plz my bb 9900 bold unlock
    imie : 356841041178010
    prd : 39472-015
    verry tnx
    12-01-13 06:09 AM
    great post
    05-24-14 12:03 PM
    Please am using a BlackBerry Z10 with an anti-theft on so am un able to download apps. So can u help me (removed email address, PM please)
    Last edited by zocster; 10-06-16 at 06:04 PM.
    10-06-16 05:18 PM
    How can I get the cold to unlock
    05-11-18 07:04 PM
    Waking the dead with a zombie thread.....
    05-11-18 07:06 PM
    Waking the dead with a zombie thread.....
    Hmmmm, and I thought I was going to read something. New and interesting.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    05-11-18 07:47 PM
    How can I get the cold to unlock
    Search google for unlock (your phone model) and it will come up with many offered services. Others here on CB will be able to suggest what service might be trustworthy or not, and there are probably other existing CB threads about that topic also. I have used one before and it worked out fine for me, but I do not remember what the name of the service was. If you are in Canada, call your carrier and they will get your device unlocked for free.
    05-12-18 06:41 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD