I have been with Telus since they started out! Both my current contracts have expiring features over the next two months. Pricing has doubled since my last one. I had lots of goodies including 6 gigs of data on each phone and I was paying $40 + tax for each line. I called Telus today to give them an opportunity to keep me as a client. I was also planning to add a third line. I was transferred to someone in loyalty and retention claiming he was the highest tier. Not sure why he would say this but anyways, after discussing my needs (I thought he was listening) he offered me 2 plans with no phones for $40 higher than Rogers. I mentioned that Rogers offered me 2 of the latest phones at no upfront cost to me for $40 less a month in total compared to his offer. He then told me I should go to Rogers then. Thanks Aziz from Telus! That's exactly what I will be doing as if this is how a long time Telus customer is treated, I am more than happy to take my business elsewhere. Even after the thousands of dollars I sent to Telus over the years and not to mention how many friends and family I steered their way. I am not really a fan of Rogers but at least they spent the time to actually listen. I will also switch over my Telus pay and talk line to a 2 year contract with Rogers just so I leave nothing on the table for Telus pockets. The two new phones will likely be sold to help cover the new contract pricing. It's too bad that Wind has lousy coverage in my area. It's really a shame that the government stepped in to rule 3 year contracts are illegal as the cell companies have raised the monthly plan by $30 on average! Smart move. Kinda backfired In my eyes anyways.

Rant over!
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-27-16 12:41 AM
    They were gonna raise the prices on plans anyway, at least this way you can tell them to get bent more often.

Surprised you actually got a cheaper plan from Rogers, I would go over it very closely before making the switch. As far as I'm aware, the big 3 pricing is exactly the same across all plans.

Posted via overheating lollipop Priv
    03-27-16 12:43 AM
    The big 3 ARE all the same. I agree with previous post. You better double check.

Posted by my awesome Z30
    03-27-16 03:10 AM
    Actually, I'm in a similar situation as the OP. I've had the same accounts since before Telus moved into Ontario and took over Clearnet and their clients in the mid-90's. Telus is "unable" to match the package Rogers is offering.

While the big 3 all have extremely similar published plans and options (coincidence?), Rogers seems more willing to negotiate to bring my family into the fold.
    03-27-16 08:50 AM
    It's funny cuz Telus used to be the one to beat out the competition. Not anymore. They seem to not care anymore. They better be careful as this was what happened to another great company we all know and loved.
    03-28-16 02:19 AM
    I've personally given up and have been purchasing unlocked phones in recent years - signing a new contract will initially get me a nice sub sized smartphone, but it only really takes about a year or two at most for that to no longer become cost effective. If you don't have the budget to do this, I can understand why paying the money upfront sucks in comparison, but I prefer to have as low of a monthly cost as possible.

If you've managed to find a better deal with one of the other big players, kudos but I'd also mirror the concern here that I'd be very careful of the terms because that almost sounds too good to be true considering what the market is like these days. Unfortunately Rogers is right off the table for us because of reception / network reasons, although this continues to get better all the time, but sometimes you just can't beat having a reliable signal no matter how good the monthly price is! (Re: Right alongside your comments in regards to WIND, be interesting to see what happens with Shaw now)
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-29-16 07:51 AM
    It's funny cuz Telus used to be the one to beat out the competition. Not anymore. They seem to not care anymore. They better be careful as this was what happened to another great company we all know and loved.
    Is this a joke? Unless you had a business plan, Telus was always overpriced next to Rogers. To their credit, Telus has a much stronger network.
    03-29-16 08:37 AM
    With all these companies, you will eventually deal with someone who rubs you the wrong way and doesn't provide the best service. Company's reputation is unfortunately largely impacted by these folks.
    CDM76 and highos like this.
    03-29-16 09:24 AM
    Is this a joke? Unless you had a business plan, Telus was always overpriced next to Rogers. To their credit, Telus has a much stronger network.
    no, just an average Joe. Was always treated with respect and offered great value, until now
    03-29-16 11:44 AM
    no, just an average Joe. Was always treated with respect and offered great value, until now
    A lot of how willing they are to help you is dependant on your attitude and approach to the situation. Remember they deal with hundreds of pissed off people threatening to leave the company EVERY day. That's not new to them. Being polite, respectful and friendly gets you a lot further than saying "I brought you x amount of business and you are treating me this way " as that's condescending at best.

Good luck with Rogers. End of day all 3 suck, it's just a matter of finding one that sucks less for you.

PS: I too wish Wind had better local coverage areas. I'm 15 mins outside Calgary and it's L D to Calgary Wtf.

Posted via CB10
    highos likes this.
    04-04-16 09:48 PM
    If you encounter a rep who didn't give you a good sense of anything, hang up, call back within 15 minutes, or a bit longer. You'll find somebody else. Also, never yell at, curse or mistreat the person at the other end, or bully them.

It's disrespectful and can impact how their day is once they're finished their shift. Some even get death threats and all, and I don't think you wanna be in their shoes.

Typed using my BlackBerry Classic running 10.3.2.2876 on WINDmobile HSPA+
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-07-16 02:54 PM
    If you encounter a rep who didn't give you a good sense of anything, hang up, call back within 15 minutes, or a bit longer. You'll find somebody else. Also, never yell at, curse or mistreat the person at the other end, or bully them.

It's disrespectful and can impact how their day is once they're finished their shift. Some even get death threats and all, and I don't think you wanna be in their shoes.

This was my advice to someone 10 years ago LOL
    04-07-16 04:06 PM
    It's true for everything. None will give you the time of day unless you're forking over $100+tax per month. And that's almost bare minimum data and plan packages. We need a US carrier that can match them and cringe. They're offering plans Wind plans with wicked coverage for $60+ and that's crazy stuff.

Water torture most likely forever.

1. Telus
    2. Rogers
    3. Bell
    4. Wind
    5. Bell
    6. Bell (which means that they stink)

None of them want to help their long standing customers. Even if you threaten to leave they won't help you out. Pathetic!

Thanks for nothing

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 05:24 PM
    $40 for 6 GB a month? What kind of minutes does that get you?

I have a $70/month plan (TAX included) that gives me 6 GB and minutes are unlimited. I'll never change my plan and I don't think you should either OP. Current prices show 6 GB of data costing well over $100 (don't forget TAX) and it's insane. Better off just saving for your devices to buy them outright. The plan is the most valuable thing, not the device.
    04-14-16 06:41 PM
    I actually received a call from Telus just before I was about to sign up with robbers and they offered me everything back that I had before for a dollar for each line. Imagine that. I almost said no out of principle but then came to my senses. They even offered me a few extra perks. I was about to give up on them.
    04-16-16 12:54 AM
    That's great!
    04-16-16 11:02 AM
    I have been on telus forever. I think they are great. I have an 'older' plan but for 70 a month I get six gigs of data. 400 anytime minutes, unlimited texting. Works good for me and it would be a lot more if I switched.

That 70 includes replacement insurance which I think is 11 a month.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-16-16 11:26 AM
    I actually received a call from Telus just before I was about to sign up with robbers and they offered me everything back that I had before for a dollar for each line. Imagine that. I almost said no out of principle but then came to my senses. They even offered me a few extra perks. I was about to give up on them.
    Looks like we have same plan haha

04-16-16 11:27 AM
    Good Ole telus

04-16-16 11:27 AM
    I wonder what kind of loyalty plans telus would have, like anything unlimited (or near-unlimited) data? :P

I am a former telus customer (might have forgotten if I said that), rocking wind since 2011, going on five years.

04-16-16 02:15 PM
    I wonder what kind of loyalty plans telus would have, like anything unlimited (or near-unlimited) data? :P

I am a former telus customer (might have forgotten if I said that), rocking wind since 2011, going on five years.

I doubt unlimited or I would have it
    04-16-16 07:17 PM
    My contract was up in December don't plan on renewing it for the phone deal, I'm month to month now with no contract but telus still calls with an offer for a phone but want to change my plan. I even went to the supervisor to see if I could get a new phone and keep my plan, she worked it out and said if I buy my device outright I would save more than the device itself if I went month to month which that was my plan anyway. So I stuck to my plan and she gave my a 10% discount for no contract
    I pay $56/ month for
    Unltd talk nation wide and unltd text
    5 GB of data
    Voice mail
    With TELUS.
    And I will just buy my phones outright

Posted via CB10
    04-20-16 01:10 PM
    Man oh man I am pretty lucky from what I'm seeing here...
    I've been with Fido >>�Rogers ever since they turned on the switch...I pay 68 tax in and I have a 10gig per month plus city Fido which they don't offer anymore..plus plus there is nothing else they can add to my account..wow

Posted via CB10
    04-20-16 03:36 PM
    Now I feel like I'm overpaying. I'm with Telus but I have a business account. It's a Talk and share account. I pay $75 plus tax and with that I get 3Gb data, unlimited nationwide calling, unlimited text, voicemail 10, call display, call waiting...

But comparing it to plans these days, it's far cheaper. For a comparable plan now, it would cost $110 plus tax. I've been told by the business rep servicing my account that if I can, to keep my plan and buy devices outright because of how the plans jumped in price.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 05:39 AM
    Koodo has a $48 plan for Sask and MB with 5G's, unlimited Canada calling, texting, and Vmail.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-16 12:28 AM
33 12