Im leaving the country to go back living in France, if I sign up with ATT for a phone and get a contract, then go to France. What happens?

Also, if I have 3 lines and my contract ended on two of them, and ends on the third one in 5 months. IS there anything I can say to ATT, that will persuade them to either lower my bill or give me a free smartphone upgrade perhaps, or a really cheap one, like on a blackberry?
    Last edited by crackcookie; 02-23-10 at 12:37 AM.
    02-23-10 12:35 AM
    you need to talk to a rep they might be able to help you out because if you are moving you are moving, there is not much they can do about it.
    02-23-10 06:34 AM
    Transfer of billing responsibility. You can transfer your account to someone else.
    02-23-10 11:50 AM
    What if...I don't want to
    02-23-10 01:35 PM
    then you terminate your contract which has a termination fee of i guess $175.
    02-23-10 04:45 PM
    Either terminate the service, use the service in France with roaming, or continue to pay for service but not use the service. Those are your three options. You will need to determine which will be the cheapest route.
    02-23-10 05:28 PM
    Just call up AT&T and speak with a rep. Very nicely, explain your situation to them and ask if there would possibly be a way to terminate your contract without paying the fee. If not, I would just pay the $175, it's cheaper than paying your bill for 5 months. If you DO decide to keep the line active, I'd highly recommend you leave the battery out of the phone so it doesn't 'accidentally' turn on while in France.
    02-23-10 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD