So I've had my bold for 3 months, its been great. I got it on or around July 16th from letstalk.com. My carrier is ATT.

After getting ready for work this morning I went to check my phone and there is a black spot in the upper right corner and white lines running across the top and down the right side of the phone.

I know this is an issue with the LCD. Held at the right angle I can actually see a small crack. I do not believe that I leaned against something, I did NOT drop it. The only thing I can figure is I did lean against something but I don't for the life of me have any clue.

I do not currently have insurance on this phone.

Is this a warrantable issue? Is there anything I can do other than shrug and shell out $250 for a new(used) phone?

It appears to operate fine.
    10-01-09 09:15 AM
    10-01-09 10:14 AM
    try calling AT&T, and explain to them calmly the circumstances, and they should tell you that you can send it in for a refurb or new unit.
    11-01-09 04:00 PM
    i would do the same as lastxxfarewell said.. you would be surprised how far you will get being nice...
    11-06-09 08:21 AM
    Warranty is strict with replacing phones. They can't replace any physically damaged phones and having a crack in the screen is considered that. You can call them and give it a shot. And what the above said.

"be nice and calm"
    11-08-09 01:03 AM
    Warranty will not replace any device that has a cracked or bleeding display as that falls under the physical damage umbrella. No matter how nice you are to the rep that takes your call. Trust me, most of them feel bad when a device is OOW but their hands are tied, like as in if they did it it could cost them their job, tied.
    11-17-09 11:22 AM
    You can get a new screen for around $50 and replace it yourself pretty easily. I recently had to replace my Bold's screen due to my dog using it as a chew toy.
    11-25-09 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD