Greetings,

Apparently we can upgrade the OS on our phones and keep WFC now. I have

model:
    Z10

model #:
    STL100-3

Software Release:

Is it verified that this particular model # works with the new system?

I am currently backing up the phone using BB Link. After that:

1. What is the cleanest, most foolproof way to upgrade to the latest OS that supports WFC? Step-by-step guide to which OS I need to download, Sachesi etc?

2. Are there any pitfalls to watch out for, particularly for the Z10 and this model #?

WFC is a mission-critical feature for my situation and I don't want to mess it up. Hence the paranoia. But the OS is showing its age, and nearly every interesting app needs a current OS. Thanks in advance!!
    11-03-15 03:05 PM
    11-03-15 05:29 PM
    Thanks, scrannel. Because I have never loaded a non-carrier-official OS, I still have questions:

The link tells me which OS and radio to download. But then there are three things:

Sachesi
    Autoloader
    Blitz

Do I need all three? Only one of them? Cant be too cautious because I don't want a bricked Z10:

https://supportforums.blackberry.com...n/td-p/3120648

Apologies for being clueless on this one; as I said, have never attempted this before and want to be aware of pitfalls and the correct sequence of steps... Thanks again!
    11-03-15 06:46 PM
    The "best" way, in my opinion, is to use an autoloader. This will wipe your phone as if you factory wiped it before loading the OS. I prefer as it's like having a completely refreshed phone. So, if you choose this method, back up your phone using link and/or any other backup software you may use. Then close link, plug in your phone using your BBerry usb cable (preferred) and execute your extracted autoloader. The other methods will update your phone w/o wiping it.

Others please speak up if you have a different take.
    11-03-15 07:47 PM
    Will my Z10 10.3.2.556 be able to use Wifi Calling with T Mobile or do I need to do the autoloader stuff earlier.mentiined in this thread

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 07:09 PM
    I have two Z10s. One on the last official t-mo OS release that works for WFC: 10.2.1.3442. You cannot now down grade to that. But you can DIY with an auto loader etc to get 10.3.2.2789 -- the latest OS from t-mo for the Classic to allow WFC. You will need to load that onto your Z10.
    11-04-15 09:32 PM
    Awesome thanks much I ro ably won't but might just upgrade to the Blue Classic or passport would it work on the passport??

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 05:57 PM
    Awesome thanks much I ro ably won't but might just upgrade to the Blue Classic or passport would it work on the passport??
    My understanding is that this does work on the passport, indeed, for just about every BB10 device that is t-mobile compatible. Don't remember which models are exceptions, if any.
    11-05-15 06:27 PM
    I use Sachesi. I don't like the autoloader because I have to enter all the passwords again.

I have wifi calling back on my Z10.

The revised some bug in the wallpaper bar file, so if you do use Sachesi, you need to skip that file. I haven't researched the fix.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 10:00 PM