I think that you should know a little about the people behind the calls.

VZW reps, please post up a little about yourselves if you feel comfortable!

me first!

I joined VZW on Aug 17th 2007 (insanely enough EXACTLY 9 years to the day that I went to USMC boot camp! lol )

A little background on me:

I am an ex Construction Manager; started at 21, ran 5+ million dollar projects from the age of 21. I was forced out due to not having a BS in CE or CM (civil eng, or con mngt). I miss building things, I really like helping to create massive civil structures (I built Bridges, roads, housing, appts, ball fields, lots more)

From there I went into heavy civil inspection. 5 years working billions of dollars worth of bridges, roads, housing projects, etc.

I was laid off because I was running the last job I was at and didn't have a degree (they knew, and I was still the best one for it).

I was unemployed for 9 months, then applied at VZW in Aug of '07.

I've been promoted only once, but like most satisfying things: its not the title, it's the results!.

But I do not have a team of reps like a Supervisor does. But I help run all my teams.

On paper I am just a Senior Rep. In real life I work my **** off for EVERY VZW customer I get to talk to.

Please feel free to comment as you feel necessary! I love feedback, and I think EVERY VZW rep should post in this thread for no other reason than I think they deserve some recognition for the job they do.
    11-30-08 04:21 AM
    I just spoke with a VZW rep and she (like you) worked her *** off for me while we were on the phone. She was very personable and extremely willing to help me with ANY problem I have.

I created my vzw.blackberry.com address from my phone and could not log into the website. She created my ID, password and walked me through the recertification of my addresses. Then she reviewed my calling plan and add-ons to be sure I was not going to have overage charges based on my usage.

I won't post her name here, but she deserves a big thank you. We even talked about Thanksgiving dinner.

Keep up the good work. And since some of the people calling you won't say it ... Thanks for all you do.
    11-30-08 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD