My husband and I are both on T-mobile, both have Curves, but I'm the only one with this problem. I keep losing connection to BIS, but network connection is fine - I can make calls and SMS no problem. A battery pull usually solves the problem, at least for a little while, but it is getting annoying! Anyone else have something similar?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 06:45 PM
    Losing connection to BIS impossible provided you have a BlackBerry data plan or RIM is down, basically what you are witnessing is T-Mobile (or your device) dropping your EDGE connection (Data), hence why calls and SMS can still be processed.

If you are the only one seeing it in your family, then it could be routed to a device issue where your specific device is the issue in dropping the network, call T-Mobile, explain the issue and request a new device cause you got a lemon.
    11-20-09 07:06 PM
    My husband and I are both on T-mobile, both have Curves, but I'm the only one with this problem. I keep losing connection to BIS, but network connection is fine - I can make calls and SMS no problem. A battery pull usually solves the problem, at least for a little while, but it is getting annoying! Anyone else have something similar?
    I've reported data problems in Los Angeles today in a separate thread. I never have problems with T-Mobile so this is not an ongoing thing. But I am seeing it today.
    11-20-09 07:12 PM
    Another person just reported similar issues in Seattle. Couple of weeks ago it seemed the East Coast got hit and we were left alone here on the west coast. Apparently we're now getting hit on the west coast. Not sure where you live.
    11-20-09 07:20 PM
    Yeah I noticed I couldn't send pictures use bbm or surf the internet around 12-3 today

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 01:24 AM
    Noticed the same thing on the 9700, 8100, 8220, and the families BlackBerries. I even had to set up my BIS email again, dunno whats going on so meh. Connections are on 3G, EDGE, and UMA but no BIS connection.

EDIT: Heh, I feel ********, all our old Plans just rolled over into new Even More Plus plans, had to readd the BlackBerry specific data plan.
    Last edited by Arreat; 11-21-09 at 02:22 AM.
    11-21-09 02:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD