I am not eligible for a full upgrade until December 2010 and there is no way I can swing the full price or even partial upgrade price of the 9700. However-i just called 611 and asked real nice if a 6+ year customer could get an early upgrade and a 9700 and after being transferred to retentions they said sure, and how would you like express shipping on us as well? Haven't got the tracking number yet but Reshaun said it will be here before Wed. I love me some T-Mobile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 03:13 PM
    im sorry.. but what "retention dept" is for???
    11-14-09 03:42 PM
    im sorry.. but what "retention dept" is for???
    Was that a question?

11-14-09 04:09 PM
    Lucky u! I still have to wait until August 2010 for the full discount!
    11-14-09 04:38 PM
    I am not eligible for a full upgrade until December 2010 and there is no way I can swing the full price or even partial upgrade price of the 9700. However-i just called 611 and asked real nice if a 6+ year customer could get an early upgrade and a 9700 and after being transferred to retentions they said sure, and how would you like express shipping on us as well? Haven't got the tracking number yet but Reshaun said it will be here before Wed.
    I found this thread to be fascinating. I fit almost the exact same specs as outlined by the OP. I have 6+ years as a T-Mobile customer and am about a year away from an upgrade.

So I called up T-Mobile Retentions and played the same act as the OP claimed.

What I was told was even more interesting.

I was told that T-Mobile has no pricing available for the 9700 and they cannot place any 9700 orders in their computers yet because the computer has not been activated yet for consumer orders and won't be until Monday. They can take business orders, but not consumer orders.

So if the OP claims he is getting a free phone with guaranteed free shipping planned to arrive by Wednesday, I can only wonder whom he was talking to. It doesn't appear that it was a T-Mobile rep. T-Mobile says they can't even place orders if you want to PAY CASH for the phone, let alone get if for free.

LOL. I love threads like these.
    11-14-09 04:40 PM
    I found this thread to be fascinating. I fit almost the exact same specs as outlined by the OP. I have 6+ years as a T-Mobile customer and am about a year away from an upgrade.

So I called up T-Mobile Retentions and played the same act as the OP claimed.

What I was told was even more interesting.

I was told that T-Mobile has no pricing available for the 9700 and they cannot place any 9700 orders in their computers yet because the computer has not been activated yet for consumer orders and won't be until Monday. They can take business orders, but not consumer orders.

So if the OP claims he is getting a free phone with guaranteed free shipping planned to arrive by Wednesday, I can only wonder whom he was talking to. It doesn't appear that it was a T-Mobile rep. T-Mobile says they can't even place orders if you want to PAY CASH for the phone, let alone get if for free.

LOL. I love threads like these.
    Maybe check some of the other threads on the 9700 regardingTMobile and you will find that everyone is hit-and-miss with getting one ordered, some do and some dont. It depends who you talk too. I couldnt care less either way, I just thought there were plenty on here who wanted the phone like I do and are in a similar situation, and I posted my success for those people, not you. By the way, still no tracking number or order confirmation, so it may all be for nothing. I will recommend that you kiss my a$$ though. Thanks. Hopefully this post is just as fascinating as the first.
    11-14-09 04:52 PM
    Lucky u! I still have to wait until August 2010 for the full discount!
    for what its worth, i did give them a sob story about my phone not working too well lately and that i had heard that they would honor an early upgrade for long time customers (someone on here had said that and gave me the idea). The CS rep I talked too put me on hold and came back with someone else from what sounded like retentions. Give it a try.
    11-14-09 04:57 PM
    for what its worth, i did give them a sob story about my phone not working too well lately and that i had heard that they would honor an early upgrade for long time customers (someone on here had said that and gave me the idea). The CS rep I talked too put me on hold and came back with someone else from what sounded like retentions. Give it a try.
    So just as a point of clarification, you are a regular T-Mobile consumer customer not a T-Mobile business customer with a linked business account and you got them to agree to give you a 9700 (not an 8900 or an 8520) for free?
    11-14-09 05:06 PM
    I will recommend that you kiss my a$$ though.
    Oh, just noticed this. So I'm dealing with an i*diot. Gotcha.
    11-14-09 05:08 PM
    How much did you get the 9700 for? Seems unclear.
    11-14-09 05:36 PM
    Warren Buffett just called. He wants to give me Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad.

I told him I'd have to think about it.
    11-14-09 06:04 PM
    thats great but how much was the upgrade price?
    11-14-09 08:14 PM
    thats great but how much was the upgrade price?
    T-Mobile has not officially announced a consumer price for the 9700. Unless the OP can make a claim that he has a business account, the story doesn't ring true. But remember, the OP also claims he wasn't interested in paying retail or a discounted price so ostensibly he got T-Mobile to give him the phone for free. It you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you.
    11-14-09 08:19 PM
    @ berryite......chill out homie. I dont think, based on what I read, that Bright said the phone was free. Brightwater said that the full upgrade was granted. I believe the full upgrade comes at a price. You cynicism is very harsh. Just because your experience is different from others doesn't mean that you should think that we are liars. I think that is your attitude that has kept you from getting the phone that some of us lucky and nice customers were able to get. So I agree.......maybe you should consider kissing his a$$.
    11-14-09 08:48 PM
    I was able to purchase the phone today as well. Im not a business customer. In fact, I am a flex pay customer. Total price for the phone was $199 for a partial upgrade (I have/had 1 year left on current contract). I was able to pay $79 today. The phone will ship (free express) today hopefully. Tmobile will bill me $40 monthly for 3 months, for the balance of the phone.
    So berryite.....Im not saying that you are wrong, but you obviously had the wrong CS rep. Keep trying and kissing.
    11-14-09 08:57 PM
    LOL

10 char.

11-14-09 08:58 PM
    So just as a point of clarification, you are a regular T-Mobile consumer customer not a T-Mobile business customer with a linked business account and you got them to agree to give you a 9700 (not an 8900 or an 8520) for free?
    Not a business customer-just consumer. I was more than clear, as were they, about the fact I was getting a 9700. As a matter of fact, the retentions lady said I was in a 3G area and I would enjoy that feature on the new bold.

11-14-09 09:13 PM
    I got the 9700 for the full upgrade price of 217.99 plus tax which I think was around 235.00 total. They threw in expedited shipping which I didn't ask for and which also really surprised me.

11-14-09 09:15 PM
    So berryite.....Im not saying that you are wrong, but you obviously had the wrong CS rep.
    I called Retentions. I assume the people who answer the phones there know what they are doing.

This was more of an experiment to see what would happen. I'm happy with my 8900.

I am friends with the manager at the local store. I'm going to stop by and see her next week. Be interesting to see if a friend can get me a free 9700 as some have inferred here.
    11-14-09 09:15 PM
    I called Retentions. I assume the people who answer the phones there know what they are doing.

This was more of an experiment to see what would happen. I'm happy with my 8900.

I am friends with the manager at the local store. I'm going to stop by and see her next week. Be interesting to see if a friend can get me a free 9700 as some have inferred here.
    It is too bad that you are so confused because you're waisting a lot of peoples time with your drivel. No one, including myself, ever illuded to getting a free phone on this thread. Everyone else gets it except you, enjoy your 8900.

11-14-09 09:21 PM
    So we've gone from this ...

"there is no way I can swing the full price or even partial upgrade price"
    To this ...

"I got the 9700 for the full upgrade price of 217.99 plus tax"
    LOL. What a joke. Waste of time thread.
    11-14-09 09:21 PM
    No one, including myself, ever illuded to getting a free phone on this thread.
    Really?

"there is no way I can swing the full price or even partial upgrade price""
    LOL.
    11-14-09 09:23 PM
    So we've gone from this ...

To this ...

LOL. What a joke. Waste of time thread.
    I see now what you are missing and its obvious you are not well versed in cell phone carrier lingo-so allow me: full price- the retail price of a phone, the most you will pay, and without any discount for an upgrade and consequently no required extension of contract. Full upgrade price- the least amount you will pay for a phone which is achieved through exersising an upgrade which involves agreeing to a 2 year extension of contract. This price is often half as much as Full Price.
    I certainly hope this helps as you are starting to look like a complete tool.

11-14-09 09:28 PM
    I see now what you are missing and its obvious you are not well versed in cell phone carrier lingo
    I'm putting you on ignore. This thread is a waste of time.
    11-14-09 09:34 PM
    When you upgrade now, Tmo allows people to pay in installments.

11-14-09 09:53 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD