I unlocked the phone to work with tmobile..i inserted my tmobile sim card and the phone says SOS in red letters at the top right. When i try to make a call it says to contact my carrier, improper provisioning. The unlocking said sucessful. I tried to go into manage connections but the only network that shows there is at&t. How do I fix this? Am i doing something wrong..this is my first blackberry so I dont really know my way around.
    02-02-10 01:41 PM
    Is the Network Selection set to manual instead of automatic?
    02-02-10 01:59 PM
    it wasnt at first, but it is now. i got it to come up tombile but the service at my house sucks so it keeps going back to sos

i wish this phone had uma wifi calling
    02-02-10 02:20 PM
    I'm on a att bold 9000 on T-Mobile, took me awhile to get it working rite aswell. When you get it say T-Mobile have you tried making a call, if it works your just in a bad area. As for me my pin was still linked to att so I couldn't get any emails, call T-Mobile and let them know your having trouble. I made many calls to them and they were vary help full, they can't say anything if your using a unlocked phone in fact the have support for them. Hope this helps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-10 04:26 PM
    i wish this phone had uma wifi calling
    AT&T doesn't support UMA calls so you're gonna be stuck on that.

Please also note that T-Mobile and AT&T use different frequencies for data so not entirely sure how your data connections are going to work.
    02-02-10 07:39 PM
    Call T-Mobile, you have an unsupported device, but PDA should be able to help you out with your mess.
    02-02-10 08:31 PM
    FYI, 3G and UMA will never work for the Bold 9000 on the T-Mobile network.
    02-03-10 08:11 AM
    AT&T doesn't support UMA calls so you're gonna be stuck on that.

Please also note that T-Mobile and AT&T use different frequencies for data so not entirely sure how your data connections are going to work.
    not 100% ture... i know people who have UMA working on non-tmobile devices.

and i happen to find this thread here on Crackberry

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...apping-218920/

Last edited by mjneid; 02-03-10 at 08:48 AM.
    02-03-10 08:40 AM
    not 100% ture... i know people who have UMA working on non-tmobile devices.

and i happen to find this thread here on Crackberry

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...apping-218920/

AT&T does not have UMA infrastructure.

UMA can be made to work on non t-mobile branded blackberries IF they support it, but the 9000 does not.
    02-03-10 12:14 PM
    AT&T does not have UMA infrastructure.

UMA can be made to work on non t-mobile branded blackberries IF they support it, but the 9000 does not.
    hum... i know a guy that has UMA working on a T-Mobile phone, via ATT's service on a 8900....

there are ways around it.

02-03-10 12:32 PM
    hum... i know a guy that has UMA working on a T-Mobile phone, via ATT's service on a 8900....

there are ways around it.

Yes, because the 8900 (both T-Mobile and ATT versions) supports UMA. The 9000 does not.
    02-03-10 02:47 PM
    As stated above the 9000 will not work, BUT the 8900 and 9700 which are newer devices will.

To the OP sounds like you have a bad sim card or bad reception on where you are trying to make calls.
    02-03-10 03:51 PM
    As stated above the 9000 will not work, BUT the 8900 and 9700 which are newer devices will.

To the OP sounds like you have a bad sim card or bad reception on where you are trying to make calls.

Yes, because the 8900 (both T-Mobile and ATT versions) supports UMA. The 9000 does not.

Source Use any UMA enabled BlackBerry on T-Mobile | Guides & Tips | BlackBerry Rocks!

My buddy Troy over at BlackBerry News let me know about a pretty cool guide on how to use any UMA enabled BlackBerry on T-Mobile.

Normally, cell phones on a network are locked to that network. If you get a BlackBerry Bold, unlock it and would like to use its UMA capabilities on T-Mobile, now you can.

Check out the steps for how to do this after the jump. If you arent comfortable with making changes like this to your BlackBerry then you should not try this. Let me know how it works out for you in the comments.

This will work with any UMA enabled device. Make sure you enter your PIN in ALL CAPS and enter the application number with the parentheses.

please do your research before speaking.... please....

02-04-10 02:53 PM
    He was referring to the Bold 9700 you do your research first.

02-04-10 03:00 PM
    He was referring to the Bold 9700 you do your research first.

UMA requires three things
    1) an open 802.11 Wi-Fi connection
    2) a wi-fi enabled phone
    3) and open access to GNAC

i'm very positive it is possible, and i'm very positive that people have done it. on non T-Mobile branded phones, or t_mobile supported phones.

02-04-10 03:06 PM
    UMA requires three things
    1) an open 802.11 Wi-Fi connection
    2) a wi-fi enabled phone
    3) and open access to GNAC

i'm very positive it is possible, and i'm very positive that people have done it. on non T-Mobile branded phones, or t_mobile supported phones.

It's possible, just not possible on a Bold 9000. Wow some people are stubborn. This will work on a 9700, 8900, 8320 and maybe a couple of others. As others and I have tried to tell you, this will NOT work on a Bold 9000.
    02-04-10 04:07 PM
    BOLD 9000 cannot be converted without tampering the hardware. I bought one, LOVED the phone but had to return it because it couldn't do UMA. You can do ith with every other Curve series BB or the 9700, just not the 9000.
    02-04-10 05:34 PM
    BOLD 9000 cannot be converted without tampering the hardware. I bought one, LOVED the phone but had to return it because it couldn't do UMA. You can do ith with every other Curve series BB or the 9700, just not the 9000.
    AllUnlocks.com - UMA Unlocking

states any Wi-Fi phone can be tampered with, without physical modification to make UMA WORK ! ! !

02-11-10 03:46 PM
    Okay good luck lol

02-11-10 04:03 PM
    Not every Wi-fi phone can do UMA. The ability to do UMA is in the hardware and just having wifi is NOT enough.

To do UMA, you need:
    1) A phone that can do UMA on other carriers (like the 8900).
    2) A carrier that supports UMA. ATT doesn't. T-Mobile does.

02-11-10 04:44 PM

states any Wi-Fi phone can be tampered with, without physical modification to make UMA WORK ! ! !

Until you can actually do it on a 9000 yourself, stop telling people this can happen.
    02-11-10 09:10 PM

Nowhere on that page do I see what you are claiming they say.

Until you show a site that has done it on a 9000, you have proven nothing. As people have been saying since the beginning of the thread, it must be a model that supports UMA on another carrier. The phone in those pictures is an 8900.
    02-11-10 09:53 PM
    hmmmmmmmmmm
    02-12-10 12:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD