Why man? Why put yourself through this? The coverage between VZW & AT&T isn't even debatable. Ok, maybe you do have better coverage at your house, so what. Maybe if we all lived in your neighborhood, that argument would hold water. As it stands though, it's not an opinion that VZW has better NATIONWIDE coverage, it's a fact! The biggest gripe about the iphone is the network it's on!
    I thought it was only 3G that Verizon Dominated, but standard covereage they werw about equal? Am i buggin?
    11-08-09 07:51 PM
    ATT service may not be perfect, but I have yet to be stuck with a $1100 bill from them. Verizon was fair when they said I would only have to pay $800 for overage charges they could not even explain. If you're happy with your provider who cares who they are, and stop trying to trash another one you don't even do business with.
    11-09-09 10:34 PM
    Yeah..it's funny how out of 18 posts 12 of them are from non-AT&T users...lol.
    I actually stated that I was a former AT&T user, maybe read a bit. And I wasn't talking about sueing as literal. I was poking fun at the fact that AT&T wants to sue VZW for their ads. It must be a sad existence to be so wound up.......chill the funk out!
    11-09-09 11:41 PM
    I actually stated that I was a former AT&T user, maybe read a bit. And I wasn't talking about sueing as literal. I was poking fun at the fact that AT&T wants to sue VZW for their ads. It must be a sad existence to be so wound up.......chill the funk out!
    LMAO!! You seem to be the only one wound up here...lol. My statement was 12 non AT&T users, as a FORMER user you would qualify as a non AT&T user. And you mentioned sueing...I am simply suggesting that it's a bit LAME for a non AT&T user to suggest that AT&T users sue them over statements that most don't seem to have a problem with.
    11-10-09 12:16 AM
    Oh....your denial is precious, lol. There is a reason I'm a non-user. Take your advise and pull it out.....the stick in your ***. Good day to you. You can add me to the ignore list now. I'd rather not hear from you again. Biyee!
    11-10-09 12:43 AM
    Oh....your denial is precious, lol. There is a reason I'm a non-user. Take your advise and pull it out.....the stick in your ***. Good day to you. You can add me to the ignore list now. I'd rather not hear from you again. Biyee!
    ROFLMFAO!! No No...I am not ready to ignore you yet, you are giving me great entertainment tonight. I don't remember giving any advise on sticks though...lol.

By the way...if I add you to the ignore list...then I don't READ you, but you still SEE what I write.

Merry Christmas to you and to you a good night. :-)
    11-10-09 01:14 AM
    AT&T needs to come strong with their ads. I never quite understood why people give a sh!t if VZW shows coverage in bumfawk Idaho, population 33. The vast majority of users do fine in the cities they live in. The Verizon Schrutebags see Red all over the map and are quick to say I've got the Network! Then they never proceed to go more than 100 miles in any direction more than once a year. Where I work and travel, Sprint is great. Can't be beaten. Should I jump to VZW because they get red 3g coverage in Billings Montana? Who gives a rats a$$.

They're just pissed they don't have the Iphone. If the Iphone opened on VZW last weekend instead of the Droid, they'd have sold 2 million in a single weekend. They sell 100k Droids and act like they have the Iphone killer. Keep on Keeping on, AT&T. Let the VZW Schrutebags drink the kool aid, and spend more money when they can get the same coverage with probably every other carrier in the areas they work and travel to.
    11-10-09 01:18 AM
    AT&T needs to come strong with their ads. I never quite understood why people give a sh!t if VZW shows coverage in bumfawk Idaho, population 33. The vast majority of users do fine in the cities they live in. The Verizon Schrutebags see Red all over the map and are quick to say I've got the Network! Then they never proceed to go more than 100 miles in any direction more than once a year. Where I work and travel, Sprint is great. Can't be beaten. Should I jump to VZW because they get red 3g coverage in Billings Montana? Who gives a rats a$$.

They're just pissed they don't have the Iphone. If the Iphone opened on VZW last weekend instead of the Droid, they'd have sold 2 million in a single weekend. They sell 100k Droids and act like they have the Iphone killer. Keep on Keeping on, AT&T. Let the VZW Schrutebags drink the kool aid, and spend more money when they can get the same coverage with probably every other carrier in the areas they work and travel to.
    LOL...the local tech reporter on KCAL did a report today on VZW in talks with Apple to bring the iPhone to their network by 2010 and I for one will love it when their network crashes because it can't handle it. They say they want the move to coincide with the 4th version of the iPhone. Now that should get fun on the forums.
    11-10-09 01:32 AM
    My favorite thing about VZW. You pay a few hundred bucks to get the latest cell phone, because you are not at your date for a discounted upgrade, and they stick you with a $35 activation fee. Or you buy a cheap phone because the nice one you have got damaged, and again you get hit with an activation fee.

I love having a sim card. If I am going to an outdoor concert where I know it might rain, I take the card out of my BB and put it into an old Razr. If that phone gets ruined, lost, or just stops working one day, who cares. I can switch phones as much as I like and not get hit with any activation fees. (I do hate the fact that they will hit you with an upgrade fee if you do an official upgrade, but every carrier does that.)
    11-10-09 05:29 AM
    Nothing makes me want to go with another carrier like making me feel like I can be a lemming.
    11-10-09 07:18 AM
    ROFLMFAO!! No No...I am not ready to ignore you yet, you are giving me great entertainment tonight. I don't remember giving any advise on sticks though...lol.

By the way...if I add you to the ignore list...then I don't READ you, but you still SEE what I write.

Merry Christmas to you and to you a good night. :-)
    Getting back to you beginning post:
    Where did you see that ad? Was it on the ATT Wireless site? It sure looks like that is where it is. Thing is, who care what a company posts on their website. It is not going to get anyone's panties in a wad except for lame-o's who think, "Wow! Whoopee! ATT is fighting back at the Verizon map ads."

You want something that will get the competition going. Verizon has this on their site:
    #1 In Customer Loyalty

Loyalty claim based on more people choosing to use Verizon Wireless brand every day and national publicly available churn (customer turnover) percentages.
    11-10-09 10:23 AM
    Verizon fanboys are so funny..I hate ATT now but I hate fanboys even more
    11-10-09 11:21 AM
    I'm honestly just so confused. I've been with Cingular for the last 6 years, back when you could get that super small phone, about the size of small halloween size snickers.

Edit: The Siemens SL55.

Anyways that phone had pretty awful reception, it was badass, but just clearly couldn't handle much.

So then I went to a RAZR and my experience improved incredibly... and now on my Blackberry its amazing. I regularly go into NYC, I live in North NJ (about the most dense place in America outside of a real city) and I never have any issues.

sure in some places I have 3 bars vs 5 but I can always make calls, and I always get my data ASAP.

How can I be the only one with this experience, or at least seems to be, on these boards? I test drove the IPhone before I bought my curve, and the signal seemed to always have issues, which lead me to believe it was the phone and not ATT as my RAZR was rock solid in that same area.

I'm not a fan boy, I just honestly wish I knew what the major difference was.
    11-12-09 12:06 PM
    . They're just pissed they don't have the Iphone. If the Iphone opened on VZW last weekend instead of the Droid, they'd have sold 2 million in a single weekend. They sell 100k Droids and act like they have the Iphone killer. Keep on Keeping on, AT&T. Let the VZW Schrutebags drink the kool aid, and spend more money when they can get the same coverage with probably every other carrier in the areas they work and travel to.
    I love all the "Iphone-killers" none of them did anything to the Iphone or to AT&t, also the people who reviewed those devices specially since 99% of them were/are verizon users and you are right they just want the Iphone....go into the Verizon thread and look under the Iphone posts and most of them hate the Iphone but would get it if it goes to VZW..wait I thought the Iphone was just a toy and only little girls,d-bags and apple fanboys would get them
    11-12-09 12:57 PM
    I'm honestly just so confused. I've been with Cingular for the last 6 years, back when you could get that super small phone, about the size of small halloween size snickers.

Edit: The Siemens SL55.

Anyways that phone had pretty awful reception, it was badass, but just clearly couldn't handle much.

So then I went to a RAZR and my experience improved incredibly... and now on my Blackberry its amazing. I regularly go into NYC, I live in North NJ (about the most dense place in America outside of a real city) and I never have any issues.

sure in some places I have 3 bars vs 5 but I can always make calls, and I always get my data ASAP.

How can I be the only one with this experience, or at least seems to be, on these boards? I test drove the IPhone before I bought my curve, and the signal seemed to always have issues, which lead me to believe it was the phone and not ATT as my RAZR was rock solid in that same area.

I'm not a fan boy, I just honestly wish I knew what the major difference was.
    +1 I <3 ATT, They have great phones, I Just hate their pricing.

ATT has service where I need it.

I had VZW, and traveling with them is horrible.

You go to florida... and You have to update your location. Dumb

You leave the country... and you're screwed.

ATT is a pleasure to have when you travel internationally.

I travel internationally a lot, and ATT has me covered.

I live in NJ as well, and my service is great.

Actually, it's pretty great in the tri state area.

Florida, Canada, Mexico, and Europe. ATT isn't kidding when they say "Best Coverage Worldwide".

I have all the major service providers- and I won't bother arguing over who has the biggest "member".
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 11-12-09 at 03:02 PM.
    11-12-09 02:59 PM
    I love all the "Iphone-killers" none of them did anything to the Iphone or to AT&t, also the people who reviewed those devices specially since 99% of them were/are verizon users and you are right they just want the Iphone....go into the Verizon thread and look under the Iphone posts and most of them hate the Iphone but would get it if it goes to VZW..wait I thought the Iphone was just a toy and only little girls,d-bags and apple fanboys would get them
    LAWLROFLGMBBQPLZ

::Thinks back to when VZW tried to market their LG Voyager as an iPhone Killer::

Who the heck were they kidding?

I agree.

If the iPhone was on Vdub, all the haters would vanish.
    11-12-09 03:00 PM
    No kidding! We wanted to replace our 3G with a 3G(s), but refuse to sign another contract with AT&T. Now considering Android to replace the iPhone unless VZW gets the iPhone at some point within the next 6 months or so...
    Until the next big phone comes along and then they get their exclusive deal with that one....and no one will want Iphones...
    11-12-09 03:49 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD