Hey all,

I just ordered an 8830 online from Verizon, with my new every 2 discount. The price breakdown, in my mind, should be as follows:

$399.99 - two year contract price
    -100.00 - "Advanced Device Credit" (instant, for getting data plan)
    -50.00 - New Every Two credit
    -100.00 - Mail in Rebate, per the Verizon Wireless -> Phones & Accessories -> BlackBerry Devices page

TOTAL - $150.00 plus tax.

So I went online, and ordered the phone. It said nothing about the mail in rebate during the ordering process but per the BlackBerry Devices page, that rebate is not supposed to be reflected in the shopping cart, so I completed the order. $262.49 was charged to my credit card. Now, I assume that the rebate form for the other $100 will be shipped with the phone. The customer service rep at Verizon said it would be.

But there is this bothersome line on my receipt: "An instant online discount has been applied to the phone price and cannot be combined with mail-in rebate offers." This caveat is denoted by an asterix (*), and no asterix appears in the receipt itself, so I assume this caveat does not apply to the Advanced Device Credit. Further, the BlackBerry Devices page makes clear the two rebates are to be taken together. Finally, the customer service rep told me to ignore said caveat. Nonetheless, I am paranoid. I have had a horrible experience with Verizon trying to get the right price on this thing.

So I am turning to this board for help! Have others gotten both the $100 online advance device credit AND the $100 mail-in rebate? Or do I need to cancel my order?

Thanks!
    12-11-07 08:51 PM
    I don't have any personal experience with it, but I have seen offers on the site that specifically list itself as "Online discount". You could assume this is what they are talking about.

I also don't think they would specifically say that you get a mail in rebate and then not be able to use it.

Furthermore, even if you can't use it, I think once you have the device in your hand, you are going to say "Oh well, whats $100 extra bucks anyway?" :-)
    12-11-07 09:14 PM
    Haha - well - I'd return it and have to reconsider. I know I can get a Q for 50 bucks. I also know I can get the 8830 from a store here for $199. I definitely wouldn't keep it for $250, too much for a phone!

More likely, if the rebate form isn't included, I will call back the Verizon rep who told me it would be and complain bitterly until they authorize it for me.
    12-11-07 09:40 PM
    It should, I've been told several times about rebates not applicable under a bunch of circumstances, one of them when a manager discount applied, and it still worked for me. I don't think they really keep track of it.
    12-11-07 10:18 PM
    I paid $99 for my 8830 in-store first week it was out. Now I'm wondering if it was too much for a crippled phone. Bwahahahahah!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-07 11:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD