Yea so everyone says you get what you pay for with Verizon. And Sprint sucks. Well, not where we live, its the other way around. I had someone that placed himself on my account at Sprint, and would never be gone, so I forced them into letting me cancel without paying ETFs and agreeing to refund me what I paid for my Tour although its been 2 months.

Go to Verizon today (got my 2 Tours in the mail although I am only using one of them). Added my employee discount and took the activated phones home.

Now its weird, because in the 6 or so years its been since I had Verizon, thery STILL did not put a tower here, corporate is 30ish miles away and they have a tower there, which meant that with a non BB device I would have to go to that tower to access the internet. Its still like that.

So basically I am going from a phone that has not so good of battery life with Sprint to even worse, because as soon as I got to the Us Cellular tower that Verizon uses my signal went to crap.

So now because I am not on a Verizon tower and I have one bar in my house, I assume that the battery will be worse because its searching for signal all of the time now?

And to think, now I pay $60 more per month. Lost out on all of my perks, and will probably go over my minutes. Would you guys keep Verizon or go back to Sprint? Good news is it will be a new account and that guy can not place himself on my new account if I get one. I just want good signal and a battery that lasts. Hope I can get that at least.

Oh and just something to add about our VZW store, after I waited an hour for someone when they were not even busy the guy looked at the Blue razr for my other line and says, we never had a blue one this isnt a verizon phone, i said yes it is and it will work. And then when he got the esn off the back he says well its not refurbished it would say all over the phone. You would think they had to be a little more educated on this stuff. He hands me my Sprint and Verizon Tour and says use the Sprint one until the Verizon one starts working, I'm like wtf?!!?!? Crazy
    Last edited by AprilArchambeau; 09-16-09 at 08:16 PM.
    09-16-09 08:13 PM
    This is an easy one. If it doesnt work go back. Verizon Wireless has the best network, period. Sadly, people who live in B.F.E. usually don't have great service. If you have space to put a tower you can actually request one. And they pay you for it. Win-win.
    09-16-09 09:32 PM
    If sprint worked for you, by all means go back to them. In my honest opinion, that "you get what you pay for" on verizon is a load of crap. People say that to justify why they pay more than the next person. I definitely would not stick with a provider that doesnt offer good service where i live. I am not by any means bashing verizon but it get tired of people saying you get what you pay for. most people use their phones in their home area so, if the phone works in your home area (no matter whom the provider) go for it. it doesnt make sense to pay for a service that works everywhere if you go nowhere.
    09-16-09 09:33 PM
    If sprint worked for you, by all means go back to them. In my honest opinion, that "you get what you pay for" on verizon is a load of crap. People say that to justify why they pay more than the next person. I definitely would not stick with a provider that doesnt offer good service where i live. I am not by any means bashing verizon but it get tired of people saying you get what you pay for. most people use their phones in their home area so, if the phone works in your home area (no matter whom the provider) go for it. it doesnt make sense to pay for a service that works everywhere if you go nowhere.
    that is pretty much how i feel right about now. im thinking of turning to sprint...because when i do go somewhere(outside of ga) its normally not that big of a deal if i have service or not.
    09-16-09 09:35 PM
    I don't get good Verizon service where I live. I don't get good AT&T service, nor TMO nor Sprint, etc. Unfortunately I had to get a Network Extender. But when I travel around the country I get at least one bar in more places. The consumer ought to get the service that works best for them. Clearly the 25 mile radius around your primary residence is a good place to start.
    09-16-09 09:47 PM
    No one can compete with Verizon's customer service. It's top notch
    09-16-09 09:49 PM
    that is pretty much how i feel right about now. im thinking of turning to sprint...because when i do go somewhere(outside of ga) its normally not that big of a deal if i have service or not.
    I've had bad experiences with sprint that made me HATE them, but you cannot deny the cost effectiveness of their rate plans

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 09:50 PM
    I wish Sprint had good coverage where I live. Their prices are terrific. You can cancel your service with VZ within the first 30 days without paying an ETF. You will just pay a prorated amount for the month AND I think if you do it within three days you may even get your activation fees back but I'm not 100% sure about that. Good luck.

09-16-09 09:50 PM
    Now its weird, because in the 6 or so years its been since I had Verizon, thery STILL did not put a tower here, corporate is 30ish miles away and they have a tower there, which meant that with a non BB device I would have to go to that tower to access the internet. Its still like that.

So basically I am going from a phone that has not so good of battery life with Sprint to even worse, because as soon as I got to the Us Cellular tower that Verizon uses my signal went to crap.

So now because I am not on a Verizon tower and I have one bar in my house, I assume that the battery will be worse because its searching for signal all of the time now?
    I'm just curious... What zip code are you in?
    09-16-09 10:23 PM
    I had to drop Sprint because an account operations manager decided to put himself on my account and assumed complete ownership. Making me only able to make changes of any kind to my account when it was convenient for him to be at work, and then they breached my contract so I got out while I could. Good thing is if I go back to Sprint he wont be on that account.

I cannot even do *228 because its using a US Cellular tower. It says activation unsuccessful when I hang up the call

I am in zip code 25401

And I don't know why they havent put a tower here, plenty of room. And I am not in BFE. I am 20 minutes from Va, Md, and Pa. And right by D and Baltimore
    Last edited by AprilArchambeau; 09-16-09 at 10:37 PM.
    09-16-09 10:28 PM
    account operations manager = boyfriend?
    09-16-09 10:35 PM
    I had to drop Sprint because an account operations manager decided to put himself on my account and assumed complete ownership.
    Why would they have done that? I'm sure it wasn't, "hey, this person pays their bills and never calls in, lets harass them."
    09-16-09 10:38 PM
    How is it that some one was able to put them selfs on your account? If it was your account wouldn't you have to give permission for that.

I'm just curious is to how it happens

09-16-09 10:40 PM
    Actually, a few people from Sprintgurus know who he is. Apparently he does this to alot of accounts. He says he is on my account because every time I've ever called in 13 years I talked to retentions. Reason being is because I am not going to sit on the phone and try to understand one of those foreign people.

I have never paid a bill late in 13 years.
    09-16-09 10:41 PM
    He is an account operations manager, apparently he can do whatever
    09-16-09 10:41 PM
    Go back to Sprint pronto - at least they don't charge you as much for lousy customer service.

09-16-09 10:46 PM
    Well there you go. If you tried that with Verizon (asking for a supervisor every time) you'd probably get some paperwork served to you stating you can no longer call customer service but you are welcome to use the website or send something via USPS.
    09-16-09 10:46 PM
    I am in zip code 25401

And I don't know why they havent put a tower here, plenty of room. And I am not in BFE. I am 20 minutes from Va, Md, and Pa. And right by D and Baltimore
    It appears that VZW doesn't have a license to operate a network in Martinsburg, WV.

Edit: According to what I can find on the FCC website.
    09-16-09 10:54 PM
    I switched from Verizon to Sprint. I have two tours and would not go back to Verizon. I live in a rural area and the reception has been as good or better than Verizon.
    09-16-09 10:54 PM
    I would go back if you had better service with Sprint.
    09-16-09 11:00 PM
    yea, go back
    09-16-09 11:02 PM
    Cmon back to the underdog.

You pay your bill, its your $, you want the best for your area go with what works

09-16-09 11:42 PM
    I just wanted that guy off of my account and this was the only way. I will give it a few days and see how things go from here.
    09-16-09 11:52 PM
    It appears that VZW doesn't have a license to operate a network in Martinsburg, WV.

Edit: According to what I can find on the FCC website.
    Four USCell transceiver towers. No VZW. No Sprint. One AT&T.

09-17-09 12:41 AM
    It said there are no Sprint towers here? Because there are.....
    09-17-09 06:12 PM
77 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD