Message reads,

Free Verizon Msg: Great news! You are now eligible to get a Smartphone at our lowest promotional pricing. Choose from our line-up of hot new Android phones; Droid X, Droid Incredible, or LG Ally. Don't miss out - call 800-508-0727 or visit a Verizon store today! New 2yr renewal and data pak $29.99 or higher req'd. Orders placed today for Droid X or Incredible will ship by Aug 3. To stop messages, reply 'X'.

I have 11 months on my contract though, I wonder if its the real deal...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-10 05:43 PM
    Message reads,

Free Verizon Msg: Great news! You are now eligible to get a Smartphone at our lowest promotional pricing. Choose from our line-up of hot new Android phones; Droid X, Droid Incredible, or LG Ally. Don't miss out - call 800-508-0727 or visit a Verizon store today! New 2yr renewal and data pak $29.99 or higher req'd. Orders placed today for Droid X or Incredible will ship by Aug 3. To stop messages, reply 'X'. I have 11 months on my contract though, I wonder if its the real deal...
    I believe the "primary user" on the account can upgrade every year. Correct me if I'm wrong. It could also just be VZW trying to get people to trade up!
    07-22-10 05:51 PM
    I believe the "primary user" on the account can upgrade every year. Correct me if I'm wrong. It could also just be VZW trying to get people to trade up!
    Yes, the primary on line, on multi-line accounts is eligible for annual upgrades. They gotta move those phones somehow!
    07-22-10 05:54 PM
    What # did it come from? Thats probably an internal promotion dept #
    07-22-10 06:10 PM
    I miss out on all those "hot" offers since I upgrade every 15 minutes
    07-22-10 06:14 PM
    What # did it come from? Thats probably an internal promotion dept #
    Came from the usual 90007*** number I get once a month from Verizon... Looks like a good deal, but I hate finding out that there are better deals online than in stores. Ill have to do some research.

07-22-10 06:21 PM
    I miss out on all those "hot" offers since I upgrade every 15 minutes
    I get board about a month after initial ownership, if I had the flow I'd follow your rout too! Lol

07-22-10 06:23 PM
    Verizon is also running a special promotion right now where selected customers can upgrade to a smartphone regardless of where they are in their contract. It would appear that you have been selected.
    07-22-10 06:24 PM
    Yes, the primary on line, on multi-line accounts is eligible for annual upgrades. They gotta move those phones somehow!
    That's great news. Guess ill be doing shopping soon. Now I have a dilemma over Droidx or storm3... Dunno. Ben a BlackBerry for years now...

07-22-10 06:27 PM
    Verizon is also running a special promotion right now where selected customers can upgrade to a smartphone regardless of where they are in their contract. It would appear that you have been selected.
    Wow. I never get anything good. That was nice of Verizon seems there would be a catch somewhere...

07-22-10 06:29 PM
    Hey jam, check out the multi-quote feature. You can reply to several posts in one. Makes navigating the threads a little easier on the eyes.
    07-22-10 06:31 PM
    I also got this text last night...and seeing as my 'renew' wasn't until april 2011 this was a VERY pleasant surprise. The wife will be getting my Tour...Helloooooo Droid X for me..wooohooo!
    07-23-10 04:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD