Hey guys I have to say farewell. I was with T-mobile for 10 years(since they were areal in my area). I went to Verizon and so far happy with there service. I could not get service in my new house and lack of 3G I made the choice to leave.
    11-17-09 06:24 PM
    Hey guys I have to say farewell. I was with T-mobile for 10 years(since they were areal in my area). I went to Verizon and so far happy with there service. I could not get service in my new house and lack of 3G I made the choice to leave.
    Welcome to Big Red!
    11-17-09 06:40 PM
    I've thought about making the jump. Verizon does have great coverage. How do the plans compare.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 06:43 PM
    I've thought about making the jump. Verizon does have great coverage. How do the plans compare.
    1.) Brand new poster. Probably a Verizon employee.

2.) Doesn't say where he/she lives. How convienent.

3.) Plans? He/she is now paying twice as much as before.

Great move. Verizon isn't a bad company but with less than 10 posts, I doubt the first thing I'd do is rush to CrackBerry to post about switching. Again, probably a bored Verizon employee who is tired of losing customers to T-Mobile.

I only have one thing to say about this thread: YAWN.
    11-17-09 06:48 PM
    1.) Brand new poster. Probably a Verizon employee.

2.) Doesn't say where he/she lives. How convienent.

3.) Plans? He/she is now paying twice as much as before.

Great move. Verizon isn't a bad company but with less than 10 posts, I doubt the first thing I'd do is rush to CrackBerry to post about switching. Again, probably a bored Verizon employee who is tired of losing customers to T-Mobile.

I only have one thing to say about this thread: YAWN.
    I agree. Big yawn.
    11-17-09 06:50 PM
    Well I live in Lexington Mo. I was paying $155 a month for my two BB's with T-mobile was a happy customer till I moved to my new house about two months ago.

I have not got my first bill but should be about $20-$40 more a month. To me that is worth having coverage around my area were I have not. I don't know why but seems the last year or so the coverage has been worse around here. All of my family have been complaining also.

I will say the did have excellent customer service. Also to those why are bored with my thread you don't have to read it. And sorry I'm not a post *****.
    11-17-09 08:10 PM
    Well I live in Lexington Mo. I was paying $155 a month for my two BB's with T-mobile was a happy customer till I moved to my new house about two months ago.

I have not got my first bill but should be about $20-$40 more a month. To me that is worth having coverage around my area were I have not. I don't know why but seems the last year or so the coverage has been worse around here. All of my family have been complaining also.

I will say the did have excellent customer service. Also to those why are bored with my thread you don't have to read it. And sorry I'm not a post *****.
    In your other posts you claim that Verizon and AT&T had horrible service in your area. Now your story has changed.

When did you start the new job with Verizon Wireless?
    11-17-09 08:34 PM
    I moved and don't get a signal at the new place. I have uma, so at least i have that going for me. I was originally on Verizon, but that didn't get a signal at work. No uma there and T-Mobile has been too good to me to switch.
    11-17-09 08:39 PM
    I dont work for Verizon. I actually work for a ammunition factory providing ammo for are troops.

They use to get ****ty service here just a couple years ago. But then my boss came down to see my house and he has Verizon and had service in my house and I didn't.
    11-17-09 08:56 PM
    I dont work for Verizon. I actually work for a ammunition factory providing ammo for are troops.

They use to get ****ty service here just a couple years ago. But then my boss came down to see my house and he has Verizon and had service in my house and I didn't.
    You could have easily fixed that by using T-Mobile's UMA service which would have totally smoked your boss' Verizon service in your house.

Now you are paying more and getting less. Appears to be kind of a bomb to me (excuse the pun but I couldn't resist). LOL.

If you still have time left before your trial period ends, I'd go back and cancel the Verizon service, call T-Mobile and beg for forgiveness and get a UMA phone.
    11-17-09 09:05 PM
    I had the 8900 curve so I had UMA. How am I saving money with T-mobile when I have to pay for the internet service to use UMA. Also I live outside of town so I use a company called turbo net and pay $50 a month for internet.
    11-17-09 09:21 PM
    I had the 8900 curve so I had UMA. How am I saving money with T-mobile when I have to pay for the internet service to use UMA. Also I live outside of town so I use a company called turbo net and pay $50 a month for internet.
    Not sure what you don't understand. T-Mobile's prices are less than Verizon's. By using your 8900, you should have been able to use your UMA and gotten crystal clear calls in your home.

I lived in a home for a year with no cell tower coverage for any carrier and had perfect cell phone performance with T-Mobile's UMA.

Seems to me all you've accomplished is increasing your cell phone bill by "jumping ship" to Verizon.
    11-17-09 09:26 PM
    When I used my UMA was not clear at all. It might be because of my internet? But I was paying $155 a month for hardly any service.
    11-17-09 09:30 PM
    When I used my UMA was not clear at all. It might be because of my internet? But I was paying $155 a month for hardly any service.
    Dude the time to ask for help on UMA diagnostics was before you "jumped ship." What's the point now? All I can tell you is I was in a worse situation than you. I lived in a home in a mountain range with Z E R O cell tower coverage and used T-Mobile UMA and got perfect mobile service.

I haven't had landline phone service since 2000.

You've "jumped ship" and you are paying more for Verizon. Not sure what else can be accomplished here.

By the way, if that Verizon service doesn't work out for you, you'll now be paying a $350 ETF penalty. Hope it's worth it for all that jumping ship stuff and that you don't get wet.
    11-17-09 09:37 PM
    Jumped from T-Mobile to Verizon a while ago. Welcome! I enjoy their service and it's more reliable in my area than T-Mobile is. T-Mobile service is still great, just not for me. Have fun with VZW!
    11-17-09 09:41 PM
    I'm glad T-mobile is working good for you. UMA is good but when I leave the house the service is hit and miss now around the area I am living in. I called T-mobile and they even emitted the service was not good in my area. I dont mind paying more for something that works like it should.
    11-17-09 09:46 PM
    Yeah they do have a huge 3G network, which is appealing but the pricing is not so lol

Again, probably a bored Verizon employee who is tired of losing customers to T-Mobile.
    Wait, have you seen Verizon's numbers? Last I checked they had a record low churn rate for 16 consecutive quarters. T-Mobile usually has the highest churn rate, currently at 2.4% versus V's 1.13%. T-Mobile is losing customers, and high-value ones at a faster rate.
    11-17-09 10:07 PM
    So far I have had service in place I did not with T-mobile. And far as Pricing with 2 BB's with full service with both networks Verizon is about $20 more. I will pay that to have better service.

I will say one thing Verizon use to not have service were I live just a year or so ago. I like they have stepped up there game and now have 3G service here. To me seems like T-mobile has not done much far as phone service even 3G.
    11-18-09 08:57 AM
    I think this thread should be moved to the Verizon area. I honestly don't even know why it's here.
    11-18-09 11:10 AM
    I think this thread should be moved to the Verizon area. I honestly don't even know why it's here.
    OP is looking to stir things up. Has a handful of posts. In previous posts he claimed Verizon stunk. Now he's a Verizon fan boi. All you need to know is he claims he tried to use UMA and the calls weren't clear. Anyone who has ever had problems with UMA wil tell you that call clarity isn't a problem with UMA. If people haver UMA problems, it's because they can't figure out how to hook it up. The OP is making his stories up as he goes and this thread is yet another troll for attention thing. We should just ignore it and let it die.

Yawn.

11-18-09 11:31 AM
    Yeah the guy obviously hasn't used UMA. It sounds better without a doubt...

Still, mods can we move this to Verizon? It's better there with the fanbois...not in the T-Mobile section. It's just making trouble here.

Okay moving on now
    11-18-09 11:52 AM
    i dont think hes BS'ing berry......look at his spelling and you can see hes just dumb......he said and I quote "I called T-mobile and they even emitted the service was not good in my area" and "factory providing ammo for are troops".........

emitted?........really?........for are troops?......you mean admitted and our?

hes just another uninformed customer who doesnt wanna learn the product and some stupid VZW fanboi put him up to coming in here and posting useless drivel...lets not give him the credit of thinking this up on his own....hes just a puppet...lmao
    11-18-09 12:02 PM
    As long as you're happy with the service. I had VZW for 10 years and never thought much about it. They've loosened up quite a bit recently what with the device strangling/neutering, but have raised prices. Within the next couple of years they'll be using the same cellular standard (LTE) as AT&T and T-Mobile, so it will be interesting to see how their network superiority fares.
    11-18-09 12:05 PM
    emitted?........really?........for are troops?......you mean admitted and our?
    LOL. I always get a chuckle at your posts my friend. Glad to see you back. Seems you were AWOL for awhile there.
    11-18-09 08:44 PM
    OP is looking to stir things up. Has a handful of posts. In previous posts he claimed Verizon stunk. Now he's a Verizon fan boi. All you need to know is he claims he tried to use UMA and the calls weren't clear. Anyone who has ever had problems with UMA wil tell you that call clarity isn't a problem with UMA. If people haver UMA problems, it's because they can't figure out how to hook it up. The OP is making his stories up as he goes and this thread is yet another troll for attention thing. We should just ignore it and let it die.

Yawn.

Funny how you kept him going.
    11-18-09 09:12 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD