https://u.pomf.io/xhiaxb.mp4

Somebody archived it so it won't go poof! Mostly a lot of Sprint mocking. There was one question about service in the boonies...eh, they're working on it.

I'd prefer more rural service and less three card monty regarding the plans. The free calling to Canada and Mexico made sense. This Binge thing...I don't know.

"Ray Neville is a genius"...well it isn't rocket science that you don't get service without towers. Seriously, how can you not have a presence in Yosemite?

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 02:53 AM
    http://www.androidheadlines.com/2015...substance.html

The embedded video in this Tmo hit piece shows John Legere in his clean cut corporate days. Quite a contrast to the Legere of today.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 02:43 PM
    It's for show. Advertising straight out of Apple's playbook.

Neville Ray kinda is the man, though. TMO has set quite a few lofty network goals and so far with him as the CTO, they've largely met them. Rapid band 4 LTE deployment, voLTE (if we look past the band 12 handling,) and apparently the massive band 2 re-farm is ahead of schedule.
    11-19-15 10:02 PM
    It's for show. Advertising straight out of Apple's playbook.

Neville Ray kinda is the man, though. TMO has set quite a few lofty network goals and so far with him as the CTO, they've largely met them. Rapid band 4 LTE deployment, voLTE (if we look past the band 12 handling,) and apparently the massive band 2 re-farm is ahead of schedule.
    So how is your VoLTE going? On my Z10, not so much.

Back to Neville, there isn't that much room to play in GSM. It is a standard...so follow it. The gear is COTS. You only have three major vendors (Nokia, Ericson, Alvatel).

If you have proprietary technology, the CTO can make or break you. Think Intel versus AMD. I just don't see the CTO in a wireless company making that much of a difference.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 12:14 AM
    So how is your VoLTE going? On my Z10, not so much.
    You got me there

Is that really on Neville, though? I'm inclined to say yes--if his underlings are responsible for deciding which capable devices have voLTE and which ones don't, but there was that breakup that could have gotten in the way of plans. That being said, the Classic doesn't have voLTE on TMO either.

Doesn't the CTO bear some share of the responsibility for setting network goals, meeting/not meeting/exceeding them? When Sprint decided to back loser technologies, was that entirely on the CEOs--most likely business guys with little to no technical backgrounds?

FWIW, here is Fierce Wireless ranking Neville as the 6th most powerful person in wireless (of 2012?) Legere is not even on that list of 25, and oh look...someone we know is at Jordan's number.
    Last edited by raino; 11-20-15 at 02:57 PM.
    11-20-15 02:27 PM
    My gut feeling is Neville would turn on the VoLTE spigot. If he is a network guy, then he knows people engineer to meet the standards. Now you might make a device with a bit better analog performance than the next guy, but generally nobody releases telecom gear that doesn't follow the standard. I date back to the old CCITT,which preceded the ITU. This is serious business for the chip peddlers. I was doing modems in a very crowded field, but this wireless market is has far fewer vendors.

Am I to believe a Qualcomm chip set in a BlackBerry phone handles VoLTE differently in some phone annointed by Tmo?

So Ray didn't do what Sprint did? But like, does anyone follow Sprint's lead?

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 02:40 AM