So, I have been a loyal BlackBerry and Verizon customer. I have used my BlackBerry 7250 for years now with absolutely no regrets what so ever, and I would never second guess buying another RIM device. Although I wish I could say the same about Verizon. This month my bill was a ungodly amount, totaling $783.77!

So, I am in the mist of figuring out what plan and services I need at AT&T, and what phone I should get. I have $100 dollar coupon from my employer, and was thinking about a Refurbished Red BlackBerry Curve.

As of this billing cycle with Verizon, I have used 9.34 megs of data, 264 billable minutes, 416 IN minutes and 126 off peak minutes, I have sent 1025 in text messages, 146 out of network texts, and 29 pix-flix messages.

I was looking at the 450 minute plan from AT&T with Roll Over and 5000 nights and weekend minutes. I was also going to invest in the Personal Unlimited plan with texting and all (Or so I think). Is this a good idea, or should I get more minutes.

Gosh, why must it be so difficult trying to perfect an adequite calling plan with features.
    Last edited by 68Whiskey; 05-23-08 at 10:26 PM.
    05-23-08 10:11 PM
    WOW, I've got the 900 with rollover. Free nights and weekends. Unlimited text and data and come in around 120's or so.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-08 11:30 PM
    with ATT data and text are seperate 30 for data unlimited plan and 20 for text unlimited add whatever voice plan you choose (450 should be OK 4 u) and you are fully locked and loaded. Hope that helps.

Enjoy ;-)
    05-24-08 09:30 AM
    can get voice and text in 1 plan unlimited for 100 bucks and unlim data for 20 at tmobile
    05-24-08 09:48 AM
    with att - the 900 minutes run about $60 and the bb plan $50 so you would be covered for everything you need. I don't have any problems with it.

kika
    05-24-08 10:08 AM
    Simply Everything 99.99 (yes, that includes BB data)
    There are also other plans that don't include UNL minutes but do include everything else...(GPS, TV, Radio, Data, Text, etc.)
    05-24-08 10:09 AM
    There are also other plans that don't include UNL minutes but do include everything else...(GPS, TV, Radio, Data, Text, etc.)
    My brother has this plan and he absolutely loves it. Everything you'll ever need is in one package and the price isn't bad either!
    05-24-08 10:28 AM
    I actually took a look at their coverage for my current area and it is nothing but roaming. Although I will be in San Antonio for around a year or two in a few months, and from what I have seen it is covered all around.

I think I will just stick with the switch to AT&T.
    05-24-08 01:02 PM
    Why is it so much?

Is it your minutes? Did you go over the allotted amount? Are the callers you call at&t or another provider?

I would go with a higher rate plan and then go down.

05-24-08 07:45 PM
    Why is it so much?

Is it your minutes? Did you go over the allotted amount? Are the callers you call at&t or another provider?

I would go with a higher rate plan and then go down.

No, I have never once gone over my data plan nor my minutes. It seems I have been charged for equipment I didn't purchase, new lines I didn't add, cancellation fees for said lines I didn't add, get it now purchases (ON MY 7250 PEOPLE COME ON!!!!!!!), and other stupid stuff.

I actually decided today, Simply Everything from Sprint. I got me a 8330 Curve and a good ole Almost Everything plan LOL. I also needed to get a DataCard with a Unlimited usage plan for my EVDO router. So now my bill will be roughly $173.98 a month without taxes. I also think I might be able to get some kind of ARMY discount or something, who knows. All I know is I am more than ecstatic to finally tell Verizon to kiss my you know what.
    05-25-08 01:10 AM
    beware of roaming charges on sprint I know this from personal experience

150 in roaming charges and I never left my city
    05-25-08 08:25 AM
    go with a higher rate plan on the voice and unlimited data to with it you might want to think about adding unlimited text also. your bill will still be half of what your paying.
    I my self dont make that many call , but my wife does. as of now I have 20,000 roll over miniutes. att is a very good deal.
    05-26-08 01:33 AM
    Verizon screwd up my bill this month. Dropped me off the unlimted data and unlimted texting. I got a $3,455 cell bill. They will be correcting it this week.

05-26-08 02:11 AM
    Verizon screwd up my bill this month. Dropped me off the unlimted data and unlimted texting. I got a $3,455 cell bill. They will be correcting it this week.

that is heart attack city LOL
    05-31-08 08:25 PM
    Good Luck. Hopefully, the Unlimited Plan will work for you

05-31-08 08:29 PM
    No, I have never once gone over my data plan nor my minutes. It seems I have been charged for equipment I didn't purchase, new lines I didn't add, cancellation fees for said lines I didn't add, get it now purchases (ON MY 7250 PEOPLE COME ON!!!!!!!), and other stupid stuff.

I actually decided today, Simply Everything from Sprint. I got me a 8330 Curve and a good ole Almost Everything plan LOL. I also needed to get a DataCard with a Unlimited usage plan for my EVDO router. So now my bill will be roughly $173.98 a month without taxes. I also think I might be able to get some kind of ARMY discount or something, who knows. All I know is I am more than ecstatic to finally tell Verizon to kiss my you know what.
    You can definitely get an armed forces discount. AT&T has it and I believe Sprint does as well.
    05-31-08 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD