Hi there,
    I have searched & searched but cannot find an answer to my problem anywhere. I have even, in desperation, tried calling Telus for help, which was more aggrevating than anything. I hope someone here can help me out.

I have an e-mail account that I cannot add directly on my BB (Pearl 8130), so I have gone to the Telus BIS site as per the email I reeived from BB. I went through all of the steps to where it tells me to detect my settings from Outlook (this is a personal account, not a work account). When I click on the "detect" button, I get an error that says "Unable to Install Import Control. Either you said no to the security dialogue or you do not have persmission to install this software".

I never received a security dialogue, and I am the administrator (& have all the rights to install software), despite what Telus may say.

I have tried this on 3 different computers with the same result.

Can anyone help me? Should this be working?

Thank you,

A tired, confused, and frustrated new blackberry owner
    09-16-08 10:32 PM
    Post this in the newbie section..you'll have people respond who know the problem.
    09-17-08 08:06 AM
    Are you trying to setup a gmail/hotmail/yahoo account?
    09-17-08 08:11 AM
    no, it is none of those. It is an imap account set up by a direct sales company I work for.
    I was able to set up my gmail as well as my telus just fine. It appears to be an issue with the detection software?
    I understand that not all email providers will work with BB, but this problem is before I even provide account information, so for all BB knows it is my telus account I am trying to detect from Outlook.

Erin
    09-17-08 09:28 AM
    I always have issues with TELUS-written software, especially the ones for setting up their modems, etc.

What OS are you running? Which browser are you using? What version of Outlook? Those things'll help one of us figure it out.
    09-17-08 12:50 PM
    I am running 4.3.0.65 for the BB.

Windows XP
    Outlook from officeXP
    Using internet explorer v 7

I did at one point set all of the security settings to the minimum levels and turned off all pop up blockers, spam blockers, etc etc.
    09-17-08 01:09 PM
    Maybe try manually inserting the outlook settings instead of the auto setting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-08 01:17 PM
    I've tried that, it tells me there was an issue validating my account information & to try again later. (I've tried later....)

There are other people I know that have set this typoe of account up using their BB, the only difference is the carrier.

I think I need to call Telus
    09-17-08 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD