I have a blackberry storm I use and also have an IPhone currently not in use. Can an Iphone be unlocked to work with verizon wireless? I want to use both
    04-28-09 10:27 AM
    Nope iPhone is gsm. Verizon is a cdma network. They are not compatible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 10:30 AM
    Yes you can. It will require some computer savy to make it happen and you will need to jailbreak your iPhone to do it. There are a number of videos on YouTube which will provide the walkthroughs on how to acheive it. Long story short; after the programming you will have "tricked" your iPhone into thinking it is working on a GSM network when in fact it is working on Verizon's CDMA network. Cheers and good luck.
    04-28-09 10:37 AM
    Yes you can. It will require some computer savy to make it happen and you will need to jailbreak your iPhone to do it. There are a number of videos on YouTube which will provide the walkthroughs on how to acheive it. Long story short; after the programming you will have "tricked" your iPhone into thinking it is working on a GSM network when in fact it is working on Verizon's CDMA network. Cheers and good luck.
    Yea, i never changed it as said as above, but to unlock the phone.

Jail brake, then download yell0w snow from cydia.

PM me if you need help on jailbraking etc.

Ta.
    04-28-09 10:46 AM
    Does the iphone actually have a radio that will work on the CDMA systems? They are two completely different technologies. You can unlock it but that still won't get you onto a CDMA network without a radio change of some variety.
    04-28-09 11:04 AM
    Does the iphone actually have a radio that will work on the CDMA systems? They are two completely different technologies. You can unlock it but that still won't get you onto a CDMA network without a radio change of some variety.
    Why not? It's just software that controls the radio. The radio shouldn't care what it connects to... The software takes care of that... But I could be wrong...
    04-28-09 11:50 AM
    no, it doesnt. its a GSM phone only. the person who posted above has no clue what hes talking about or hes just messing with you.
    04-29-09 03:14 AM
    do you honestly have any idea how cell phones and mobile telephony works?
    Last edited by dictoresno; 04-29-09 at 03:53 AM.
    04-29-09 03:16 AM
    Why not? It's just software that controls the radio. The radio shouldn't care what it connects to... The software takes care of that... But I could be wrong...
    you are wrong. its hardware, not software. the iphones physical hardware helps it recieve radio signals to a GSM network and the SIM card helps it authenticate with it and grant it access. a Iphone cannot communicate with a CDMA tower/basestation or the rest of the network.

and if someone has been able to "fool" the phone to "think" its operating on GSM when its really on CDMA, i would love to see that.
    04-29-09 03:26 AM
    Yup...one simple software fix, and I'll have my Bold running on the Iridium network...no more roaming fees and dropped calls!
    04-29-09 03:34 AM
    Yup...one simple software fix, and I'll have my Bold running on the Iridium network...no more roaming fees and dropped calls!
    the iridium satellite phone system??? LOL
    04-29-09 03:52 AM
    04-29-09 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD