When they FIRST launch the LTE network is not necessarily when the first LTE phones will come out and when the LTE network first launches will will NOT be in all markets, it will roll out over time.
    07-14-10 01:38 PM
    When they FIRST launch the LTE network is not necessarily when the first LTE phones will come out and when the LTE network first launches will will NOT be in all markets, it will roll out over time.
    hmm.. interesting.. but do you know if our existing BB's will adapt to the network or will they force us to upgrade? I'm not too worried about the launch- I live in NYC metro area.
    07-14-10 01:40 PM
    hmm.. interesting.. but do you know if our existing BB's will adapt to the network or will they force us to upgrade? I'm not too worried about the launch- I live in NYC metro area.
    If you want the 4G speed you will need a new BB, the first LTE BB, is rumored to be the Storm3. Our old BBs will still work on the existing CDMA structure which will stay in place for the foreseeable future.

EDIT: I HAVE NO INSIDE KNOWLEDGE I'M JUST MAKING EDUCATED SPECULATION! Sorry to SHOUT!
    07-14-10 01:44 PM
    I find it rather interesting how this claim that Iphone is coming to Verizon always occur around the time that a new Iphone device comes out. I think it's all bluff just to keep Verizon users from jumping..
    Or... I think its a rumor plant by ATT so people don't buy the latest Verizon phones... " oh, I'll wait til the iPhone comes". In the mean time fewer people upgrade to BB's or whatever. Seems like the rumor renews every 6 months... this has been going on for some time, right? If you really wanted an iPhone on Verizon but had to wait... would you use your upgrade for something else???? Probably not.... Kinda like the little boy that cried Wolf! When it does come there will be so many better phones, nobody will give a darn!
    07-14-10 02:02 PM
    I know this has been rumored for years, but it seems stronger this time. A lot of the stories that are out there are saying January 2011.

What are the odds that actually happens?

I'm eligible to early upgrade in about 10 days and I'm strongly considering going with the X.
    ... , none .. iphone4 doesnt work anyways , and "I dont care "

PS: didnt you see the cat vid
    07-15-10 05:18 AM
    What if apple dropped a new bomb at Friday's press conference?
    07-15-10 11:26 PM
    As per a VZW rep I spoke to today while I was ******** about sand getting in my BB Storm, "Verizon's statement on the iPhone is that they have no statement"

I also inquired as to the whole LTE thingie that our moderator brought up, cause I was being nosey, and he is indeed correct with regards to the units that will work on the new network.
    07-19-10 08:47 PM
    i sure hope so but everything right now is rumor. Most experts say yes but not until sometime next year.
    07-21-10 03:53 PM
    If it comes out for verizon I"m up for it. Also it would be pretty awesome because I have a mac already. But if not there is always droid.. I'm hoping it does go to verizon though.
    07-22-10 05:39 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD