What kind of experience should I expect if I use a BB on a phone line that has a iphone package? WIll it work? I know i wont get email right on the spot as with a BB plan.. but I have to keep the iphone package in place for a few months until i can get out the grace period to switch it. Will this work? and if there anything I would need to do?
    12-11-09 08:21 AM
    Very limited. You will be able use the browser but not bbm or email or gps(if it even has it). The problem is that blackberry requires a specific data plan (BB data). however the iPhone is versatile meaning if you switchin you plan to a Blackberry plan you should be able to use that same plan on the iPhone.
    12-11-09 08:51 AM
    so no email at all?.. like nothing?

basically i got to iphones.. on my other two line but im using one for my wife that has a bb plan so shes fine.. but then im using the other for a second phone.. but with the purchase i have to keep the iphone plans for like 4 months i think.. i was gviing the second two lines to my parents.. and giving them my unlcoked 8320 curves from tmobile.. so no gps.. but i wanted to at least let them have some sort of email even if it isnt immediate.. but your saying ill get nothing huh?
    12-11-09 08:54 AM
    You can use a third party email client such as logicmail or the gmail app to handle email over tcpip without a blackberry plan. It's not as well integrated as the native email, but it should work.

I don't think the regular browser will work, but if you can find a way to install opera or bolt, you can browse without a blackberry plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD