Bought an iphone last thursday from b-wireless a telus dealer , the battery life on this hone is terrible. I went to return it and in fine print it says you can not have over 30 min usage or they wont take it back( how ******** is that), so went to apple store in market mall and spoke to the genius bar and they say its only good for 3-4 hrs of use and if you want to extend your battery life you have to turn off just about everything on the phone to make it through a day.If any one is thinking about getting this phone from telus think twice because you will have to walk around with a charger in your pocket.
    12-01-09 02:18 PM
    That's one of the top reasons why I'll never own an iPhone. I think they are a slick device, but I don't really feel like carrying a charger around me everywhere I go and searching for an outlet.
    12-01-09 07:07 PM
    Telus lets u bring it back for exchange within 14 days no words about min, I didn't have a problem.
    The battery does gett better once it starts getting cycled normally.
    There is 2 things that will dramatically improve battery life, turn off wi-fi or else it's constantly on and searching and turn off push mail....just check it when u need to. That will about double the life.
    And I think people forget your running apps and doing things on the iphone that would make the BB cry. This is coming from a person who has had and loved nothing but a BB untill a few weeks ago....but yah, the battery could and should be better
    12-01-09 07:30 PM
    i tried an iphone in a store and watched the battery drain by about 15% in the time i was playing with it, i promptly gave it back and walked out of the store.
    12-01-09 07:39 PM
    I've had mine for 6 days and I like it. I work in an office, so it's not a big deal to plug it in at my desk and top up the charge.

Tabbed browsing, speedy Internet, big screen, YouTube vids that don't make go cross eyed... That's already enough to make the battery life worth it for me. And I've not even scratched the surface in the apps dept.
    12-01-09 08:17 PM
    once you purchase an iphone from telus and walk out the door they will not do anything they refer you to apple, i tried returning and telus said sorry and we feel bad but cant do anything.
    12-01-09 08:25 PM
    once you purchase an iphone from telus and walk out the door they will not do anything they refer you to apple, i tried returning and telus said sorry and we feel bad but cant do anything.
    Not ture, if you buy it from a NOT offical Telus store, ya. I know alot of people who go to what they think are telus stores cause they say "telus" on the sign but are telus/mic stores. Look like telus, act like telus, not telus.
    12-01-09 10:48 PM
    If you buy it from a OFFICIAL Telus store, they will do something for you.

If you buy it from a reseller like Wireless Wave (don't really know if they sell Telus phones) you have to know what their rules are on returns, definitely got to read the fine print.

To OP, the only thing I can say is "Research, research and more research." You got to do this before getting a phone these days, especially when it comes to smartphones. Don't get caught up in the hype of any phone. Always look up the PROS and the CONS of the phone. I'm pretty sure there is a CONS list here on Crackberry about the iPhone and the battery is listed as number one in most cases. Most people don't buy a mobile phone to have plugged in all the time...defeats the purpose of "mobile".

Don't get me wrong, iPhone is a nice phone but there are some key things that need to be improved. I hope something works out for you and you get to return the phone. Hopefully in 2010 at Apples Spring/Summer event, the next iPhone will have a better battery and hopefully you'll be able to do some kind of swap.
    12-01-09 11:06 PM
    The problem is that in the West, there are no corporate Telus stores. The only option is to buy it online if you want to get it directly from Telus. All the dealers have different return policies, so more often or not....you are SOL if you want to return the phone after using it at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 11:10 PM
    ^^ as true as this is, best bet is to go to dealers who are registered as a product care center, OR go to the telus dealer BESIDE the telus building downtown vancouver .
    12-01-09 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD