Hey guys, my father just brought me home an extra blackberry from his work. The blackberry turns on and gets me to the home screen, but:

A) it does not recognize my sim and wont transfer numbers

B) Most Importantly it says "Invalid Sim Card" on the top of my screen and I get no service. I understand that I have a "regular" sim card and not one made for blackberries. But I was wondering if there is anything I can do to get it to work w/o having to go into AT&T and change everything.
    11-21-09 01:40 PM
    Go to your provider's local store and get a new sim card. They should replace it for free, just make sure you call your provider and let them know what is going on.
    11-21-09 02:05 PM
    If you're running a 9630, it's primarily a CDMA device. Is it a Sprint or Verizon device? If so, you have to get it unlocked in order to use an AT&T SIM card. You'd have to search around to confirm, but I think that's all you'd need to use the phone on AT&T or any GSM provider that you'd like. You can't use any 3G speeds on it, as it only support 2100 MHz UMTS/HSPA, and AT&T uses 850/1900. You'll be set to use it on EDGE, though.

Source:
    BlackBerry - Tour 9630 Specs �€“ Blackberry Tour Specifications
    Last edited by joemecu; 11-21-09 at 08:24 PM.
    11-21-09 05:47 PM
    This happened to me several times that traveling out service range it appears that I have invalid sim card. What is this?
    11-24-09 04:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD