So I boot up my curve this morning and try to log onto Jivetalk, and after some time it just times out. So I'm like "Okay, JT's servers might be borked or something.." So I scoot along my routine and boot up jMirc. It works fine, connects all fab and groovy.

Well, shortly after I go onto the native BB browser and it times out too, which struck me as odd. Going through process of elimination, I go over to Opera mini and lo and behold... It connects to rackberry like nothings going on!

Operamini + jMirc = working
    Jivetalk + BB Browser = not working!

Is Tmobiles data/internet screwed up today or something? O_o

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-08 08:04 AM
    So I boot up my curve this morning and try to log onto Jivetalk, and after some time it just times out. So I'm like "Okay, JT's servers might be borked or something.." So I scoot along my routine and boot up jMirc. It works fine, connects all fab and groovy.

Well, shortly after I go onto the native BB browser and it times out too, which struck me as odd. Going through process of elimination, I go over to Opera mini and lo and behold... It connects to rackberry like nothings going on!

Operamini + jMirc = working
    Jivetalk + BB Browser = not working!

Is Tmobiles data/internet screwed up today or something? O_o

Were you using different types of connections for the different applications?

For example, is Opera Mini connected via WiFi and the BBBrowser via EDGE?
    08-04-08 08:11 AM
    At the moment, everything is on EDGE. It all worked fine on Friday when I last had all my usual apps running. Heck, Viigo even updated its channels this morning.

Its really bizarre that Opera can connect to the net, but the BB browser times out.

08-04-08 08:21 AM
    are you connecting through WAP on those apps that work, and BIS on the apps that dont? try using the tzones browser and see if that works. are you able to PIN message at all? are you getting push emails.
    08-04-08 08:23 AM
    Right now I'm connecting solely on BIS, the routers at work are blocked and I've turned off the phone switching over to wireless so now it only has EDGE to rely on. Still Jivetalk can't ping itself or connect, and the BIS brower can't connect anywhere.

Push emails aren't working, I don't have access to a tzone, and two battery yanks later (on a hunch that it might fix it?) Nothings new. I even ran diagnostics on the carrier and it all flagged green.

08-04-08 08:44 AM
    try logging into your BIS site and resending service books. If you dont get them, then you arent connecting to RIM. The other services I am guessing are connecting via WAP. On your device you dont have the Tzones browser? The icon should show the Tmobile symbol.
    08-04-08 09:15 AM
    Alright. T-zones works apparently, but I can't send the service books from there. Ill try sending them when I get home for lunch on my desktop. Apparently tmobile.com hates cell phones, both BIS and Opera reject the site.

08-04-08 09:50 AM
    Mine is acting crappy too. I'm about to call Tmobile. Lack of internet/data access is not acceptable. I'll post an update if Tmobile tells me anything worth while.

UPDATE: I called Tmobile -- the agent directed me to clear my browser's history, cache, and cookies. After doing that, I did a battery pull. Once the phone came back up, I was able to launch my browser and get online again.
    Last edited by xsashagirl; 08-04-08 at 11:13 AM. Reason: I had an update to add to my origianl post.
    08-04-08 10:37 AM
    I am having the same issues with edge. Unable to use the bb browser or push email or bb messenger. Have cleared the cache and did a battery pull. Will work using t-zones. Have tried to resend service books but the phone will not receive the message. The browser will work in wifi areas. I have uppercase EDGE with a strong signal. I guess I will be calling t-mo when I get home tonight from work.
    08-04-08 11:39 AM
    Exactly the problems I had.

For some reason, my connections work again after sending my service books over wifi then hardbooting. 20 emails were waiting for me, good lord.

08-04-08 12:03 PM
    Now that I have gotten to a wifi area and was able to resend the service books and pulling the battery, everything is working as it should.
    08-04-08 10:29 PM
    I've had this problem as well... and I got it fixed after a couple of days. This is my story.

One morning i woke to find my bb browser not working and my programs not connecting to the net. My tzones worked just fine but nothing else. Via wifi everything was fine, but off wifi nada. Called Cservice, they told me to wipe the device. I did. even upgraded to 4.5 then downgraded. Nada. Called again, ran the battery of troubleshooting, they xferred me to RIM. They opened up a case # for me and said they'd look into it and give me a call back within 48 hrs. 2 days later, nada. During that course of time i found out that my service book "IPPP for BIBS" was missing, how i have no idea. Anyhow after trying to send service books from the tmo website and the original CSR and RIM employee tried to send me the books as well to no avail. So Day 2 rolls on by.. i call Tmobile CS. This girl asks whats up i explain the situation. She says let me see here... She did something, asked for a battery pull and voila. Fixt. She mentioned something about "how [i] was registered to the network" and that she had a knack for "noticing the small things". That "they usually think its a bigger problem than it really is."

Anyhow i told her i loved and got on on my marry way. Moral of this story you ask? Check if you have the IPPP for BIBS service book. And some other thing.
    08-05-08 12:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD