When I launch the BB browser, I get the following error msg: "There is insufficient network coverage to process your request." I first noticed this on Sunday. BB Maps and Opera Mini are also not working.

I am also am not receiving my AOL email. On Sunday night I received a bunch of delayed email all at once.

Phone calls are working fine, and the indicator shows a strong signal with 1x and EVDO coverage. I tried turning the device off and on again, and it didn't fix the problem.

Is this a Verizon problem, a general blackberry problem, or a problem with my individual device?

What is the best way to troubleshoot this?

Thanks!
    02-05-08 10:02 AM
    When I launch the BB browser, I get the following error msg: "There is insufficient network coverage to process your request." I first noticed this on Sunday. BB Maps and Opera Mini are also not working.

I am also am not receiving my AOL email. On Sunday night I received a bunch of delayed email all at once.

Phone calls are working fine, and the indicator shows a strong signal with 1x and EVDO coverage. I tried turning the device off and on again, and it didn't fix the problem.

Is this a Verizon problem, a general blackberry problem, or a problem with my individual device?

What is the best way to troubleshoot this?

Thanks!
    As in the power switch? That won't reset the device.
    Try a reset as in pulling the battery while the BB is on. You won't loss any settings or info.
    Another option is to have your service books resent.
    02-05-08 11:29 AM
    My Verizon 8830 is doing the same thing today......what uP
    02-08-08 02:39 PM
    Could be a Verizon problem. The error message usually indicates a problem with data coverage. So its either coincidence or Verizon is on the fritz. Try a battery pull and see what happens.
    02-08-08 02:42 PM
    I "lost" my browser capabilities a couple of days ago. I took my 8830 to a Verizon store and they fixed it in a couple of minutes. For some reason, my device had to be re-registered with the network. The rep did that and removed, then replaced the battery. All fixed!

He said it might have been somehow related to the Blackberry outage. Don't know that for sure.

I got email, texts, calls, and could use Google Talk, just the browser function was affected.

Maybe this will help shed light on the problem you're having?
    02-14-08 01:00 PM
    The opera site says that the Opera Mini will not work on Blackberry 8830 phones with Verizon

"Note to North-American users
    Opera Mini is available to all Sprint and Cingular customers. Availability for T-Mobile customers is dependent on the subscription plan. BREW-enabled phones, including Verizon, are currently not supported."
    02-17-08 09:56 AM
    The opera site says that the Opera Mini will not work on Blackberry 8830 phones with Verizon

"Note to North-American users
    Opera Mini is available to all Sprint and Cingular customers. Availability for T-Mobile customers is dependent on the subscription plan. BREW-enabled phones, including Verizon, are currently not supported."
    Hmmm. I just decided to download Opera-mini on my Verizon 8830. I seem to be able to use it, at least, so far. I've been to the NYTimes, my home page and some others.

Altho, the table I've created for my personal home page that works in the Default Browser, showing 3 columns of links, shows as one LONG column in Opera. I don't see a setting to change that appearance.
    02-17-08 12:55 PM
    I did a battery pul when that happened and not it is okay.
    07-18-08 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD