I was recently on a cruise and used WiFi to make calls without a problem. Texting over WiFi with Textra on my factory unlocked BlackBerry PRIV STV100-1 worked after restarting the phone several times.

I could not send or receive text messages while away from the ship's WiFi. I was in Bermuda and my T-Mobile plan allows for limited data access and free text messaging. I could not receive a signal while out and about. Any ideas as to why I could not get a signal. I've traveled to other countries and never had an issue while using a BlackBerry Q10 or Classic.
    06-29-17 05:00 PM
    Weird. Maybe cell service is that bad. I've had to restart my phone so the signal would work.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-17 11:04 PM
    When I travel I usually get decent cell reception, but so many restaurants etc, have wifi now, I usually just use wifi calling.
    07-06-17 05:31 AM
    I was recently on a cruise and used WiFi to make calls without a problem. Texting over WiFi with Textra on my factory unlocked BlackBerry PRIV STV100-1 worked after restarting the phone several times.

I could not send or receive text messages while away from the ship's WiFi. I was in Bermuda and my T-Mobile plan allows for limited data access and free text messaging. I could not receive a signal while out and about. Any ideas as to why I could not get a signal. I've traveled to other countries and never had an issue while using a BlackBerry Q10 or Classic.
    Are u sure you aren't in the Bermuda Triangle?
    07-06-17 05:41 AM
    Did you possibly have your network selection mode set to manual? Make sure it's set to automatic so you can get a signal almost anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-17 09:20 AM