I probably should have orginally posted this in the Sprint section.. I posted it in the discussion section yesturday and although I received some feed back.. I am still looking for a little more clarification..

I send International SMS messages at .20 cent each. I have come across a website that allows you to send International SMS for free from the computer. My question is.. If I logged onto the website through my BB.. Would I still be sending them for free? Or would I be billed for this from sprint I have the SEP..

It would be so much more convenient to be able to do this through the BB instead of having to wait until I can get to a PC.
    03-19-09 09:22 AM
    You prob wouldn't get charged if you sent the message to the phone's email acct either.
    Like tmobile cell emails are [email protected]
    That way you are sending an email instead of a txt and that is covered in your data plan

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 11:06 AM
    I use cell emails + Yahoo Messenger + BBM...All Free! But I'm sure if you go to the website through your phone it will be free to.
    03-19-09 05:35 PM
    Yeah, since going to a website uses data, it would be covered in your data plan.

03-19-09 06:36 PM
    wouldnt he be charged per minute for being online internationally, is he talking about being gone internationally and emailing or texting?
    03-19-09 06:42 PM
    Use the email format..works great.. I sms with my daughter in Germany all the time.. you can login to one of the freebie sites without extra charges..They dont care where the site is located...
    03-20-09 09:45 AM
    wouldnt he be charged per minute for being online internationally, is he talking about being gone internationally and emailing or texting?
    No I am talking about sending sms internationally from here in the US. Oh yeah... I am a her..
    Last edited by Sonshyne; 03-20-09 at 12:54 PM.
    03-20-09 12:51 PM
    I don't think you would be charged, because your using data not sms or mms. I would give it a try a few times, and then check your acct and see it it was billed for it.

03-20-09 01:19 PM
    Thanks for the responese!!
    03-20-09 01:28 PM
    Hey man,

I use VoipBusterSMS to send very cheap internationals SMS. The app is on the Blackberry App World.
    01-26-10 03:17 AM
    One option, in addition to using a cell phone's e-mail account, would be Google Voice. You have to wait a while after you sign up to be given access to the beta. I use it to text from my cell phone. I can text normally as if I'm texting from my phone natively.
    01-26-10 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD