I just got off the phone with BB tech support at VZW, and while I was on the phone b*tching about Bing being forced down my throat the support agent said an email regarding the topic just came through. Apparently VZW is starting a list of customers who complain about Bing being the only default browser option. I strongly urge anyone who is not happy with this push to call tech support and request to be put on this list.

I should be more clear, this is not to "ditch" Bing all together, it's just to track who wants the other (wiki, google, etc) options back as default browsers.
    12-23-09 09:21 AM
    Is Santa going to check the list twice?
    12-23-09 09:27 AM
    Moving to Verizon Forum
    12-23-09 09:35 AM
    Santa PK checking the naughty and nice list
    12-23-09 09:38 AM
    I downloaded the bing app and deleted it since I just didnt like it. My browser still has google as the default search along with wiki, etc.
    12-23-09 10:11 AM
    Thats because it hasn't been pushed to the Tours yet........
    12-23-09 10:14 AM
    Have a Storm 1 (5.0.0.328), and I had a Bing icon pushed to the main screen about a month or two ago. I just moved the icon to my junk apps folder that I created, and hid the folder.

My browser default is Google, and I didn't have to change anything. It also gives me search options for Wikipedia, Live Seach and Dictonary.com. Bing isn't even an option inside my browser.

Just my 2 cents' worth.

\/\/\/\/\/ Crap. Just looked into it more. You're right, it's coming whether I want it to or not. And I don't want it.
    Last edited by bark8015; 12-23-09 at 12:34 PM. Reason: reponse to akorcovelos
    12-23-09 10:42 AM
    just wait, it will hit your Storm eventually. AFAIK all Storm 2 already have the Bing push, and most S1s do to. Tour is next on the list.
    12-23-09 11:41 AM
    Thank god I don't have it yet! Keeping my fingers crossed...... Probably won't do any good. :-(
    12-23-09 01:13 PM
    Bing showed up on my Tour sometime in the past hour since my BerryWeather "CONDITIONS/TEMP" icon was now a BBMaps icon - Bing's arrival shifted the positions of all of my icons. It is now moved to a remote folder. (oh, I did not reboot - it just showed up)

Browser, fortunately, still shows Google as default search. I will not be pleased when it gets changed by fiat!!!!

Where do I sign that petition?

PS: I wonder if the fact that I have my own homepage prevents Verizon from changing the browser default. Also running hybrid 5 OS.
    12-23-09 01:43 PM
    OR you can just hide it an not make a fuss out of it.
    12-23-09 03:58 PM
    I still have the Google, Wikipedia, Live Search, and Dictionary.com as my search choices. Why am I not getting the pushed Bing search. Don't get me wrong, I don't want it as I have tried it on my PC and don't like it.
    12-23-09 03:59 PM
    Thats because it hasn't been pushed to the Tours yet........
    Both the wife and I got BING pushed last Monday
    12-23-09 04:06 PM
    Both the wife and I got BING pushed last Monday

Hmmm I haven't yet, and the internal notice about the push only said it was coming later but no date. I guess it starts now.....
    12-23-09 04:12 PM
    Just noticed today that bing is on my home screen! Went in to apps to delete it and its not even in my list. ??? I know I can just hide it, but I don't like the fact that they can just put apps on my phone like that. I have standard curve 8330 no hybrid OS. Makes you wonder what else they can put on your phone without you knowing! Idk? B.s. if you ask me. Just my opinion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 05:03 PM
    OR you can just hide it an not make a fuss out of it.
    I guess you have no idea what we are talking about. You can't hide it, Bing has replaced all other search providers in the browser, how about doing a little reading before commenting.

12-23-09 05:25 PM
    Browser-> Address Bar -> Google -> BB Button -> Add Bookmark. Problem solved
    12-23-09 05:28 PM
    Yes, but why should we have to add another step? It was fine before, to me the whole thing is about choice.

12-23-09 05:36 PM
    And you have a choice to set google as your homepage. Thats what I'd do

12-23-09 05:49 PM
    I still have the google,wiki, ect. On my S1. I dare Verizon to bring on the bing. They're scared it won't happen no way.

Really though how do some S1's have the bing push and some don't? I am confused, I do not know why.

12-23-09 06:07 PM
    That is way to simple for most people. They would much rather **** and moan.
    12-23-09 06:35 PM
    And you have a choice to set google as your homepage. Thats what I'd do

I'm with you. That's what I did when I got my S2. It sucks that it's not just an option in the used-to-be drop down menu anymore though.
    12-23-09 06:46 PM
    I actually downloaded the Google App, and it works just the same as going to the browser and typing it in there.
    12-23-09 06:49 PM
    bing.... microsoft should just give it up. nobody wants their crap! if you have to force your customers to use a product because you know they'll choose something different then maybe thats a sign! lol
    12-23-09 07:14 PM
    Yeah. This isn't about simply having to use bing. It is about two companies getting together and cutting a deal to make more money that involves reducing choice for us. It's bad business practice.

12-23-09 07:27 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD