Or better yet, BB Messenger! It's already installed!
    BB messenger doesnt use sms/mms right? Its just BB's version of aim, etc..?
    04-01-08 02:40 PM
    BB messenger uses data, not SMS and assuming your data is unlimited, then your BB messenger is also unlimited.

I'm not sure if the available at&t OZ messenger client (yahoo, MSN, AOL) uses data or SMS, i'll find out when my bill comes!
    04-03-08 12:39 AM
    BB messenger uses data, not SMS and assuming your data is unlimited, then your BB messenger is also unlimited.

I'm not sure if the available at&t OZ messenger client (yahoo, MSN, AOL) uses data or SMS, i'll find out when my bill comes!
    well, to load your buddylist, doesnt the OZ messenger need to use data? the IM's might be SMS but im pretty sure it needs to use data for logging on. Where do you get OZ anyway? Is it loaded on the curve?
    04-04-08 10:44 AM
    I just recieved the blackberry curve 8320 from tmobile with the blackberry unlimited plan. I was wondering if i bought jivetalk i know i can use aim,msn messenge etc. for free but can you also send regular txt messages for free also. If you cant is there any type of application you can buy that lets your regular text messages be used by data and not sms so you dont have to pay 15 cents a text?
    04-29-08 04:00 PM
    You can put any sms package on your BB $5 for 200 $1500 for $15 or $20 for unlimited or a family pack for up to 5 devices for $30 ... the blackberry plan you need with these is the $30 data pkg
    04-30-08 08:28 AM
    I just recieved the blackberry curve 8320 from tmobile with the blackberry unlimited plan. I was wondering if i bought jivetalk i know i can use aim,msn messenge etc. for free but can you also send regular txt messages for free also. If you cant is there any type of application you can buy that lets your regular text messages be used by data and not sms so you dont have to pay 15 cents a text?
    Mmm, I don't think there's an application like that but since you have data you can email others by their phone's email address - if they have one.
    04-30-08 11:45 AM
    Does jivetalk also include Google talk?? Thats the only messenger I use coz most of my friends and family are on it...
    05-09-08 10:33 PM
    The built-in IM programs that are already on the phone use texts. The standalone apps use data only, but there is no AIM or MSN client that you can download for ATT phones yet. You are going to want to scream after you hear Jivetalk over and over. It is a great IM program though and it only uses data.
    they aren't standalone and there are plenty of alternatives to jivetalk.

I have used:
    ramble im (wanted more than just aim, so i switched but it worked just fine - completely free program)
    and also...
    eqo (what i now use, completely free program, eqo support multiple chat programs at once as well... like jivetalk... works excellent and they are really down to earth people. if you have a problem, text them and they'll help you quickly)

so there are certainly free options that use data only. they are easy programs to figure out too. good luck.
    Last edited by ndrone1; 05-10-08 at 09:42 PM. Reason: updated info
    05-10-08 09:36 PM
    My IM on T-mobile uses texts
    05-10-08 09:56 PM
    I was told my plan would go up 35 bucks but they didn't specify what it covered, only that it was necessary for bb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-08 11:01 PM
    Just sentmy reply to the wrong forum sorry

05-15-08 11:05 PM
    Just sent my reply to the wrong forum sorry

05-15-08 11:06 PM
    Just sent my reply to the wrong forum sorry

Welcome to the club newbie....
    05-16-08 04:09 AM
    Since you're pretty much new to the Berry game, it's easy to be taken. Not on purpose, but by a lot of misinformed reps. For the most part, a lot of us know more than what the reps know. I've had a berry going on 5 years now and I pretty much know how the plans should work.keep in mind that with a berry, you will always need a data plan no matter what any rep tells you. If you don't have one, you could possibly have a 3 or 400 dollar bill easily for one Berry. Don't be deceived!!!!

05-16-08 04:45 AM
    Does jivetalk also include Google talk?? Thats the only messenger I use coz most of my friends and family are on it...
    It does, but if you ONLY use GTalk, RIM actually has a freebie GTalk client that's pretty well put together, and also has tighter integration with the BB (shows up in your message list, notifier icon) than JiveTalk. You should be able to get it directly from mobile.blackberry.com on your BB, or discoverblackberry.com on your PC.
    05-21-08 07:57 PM
    After a few hrs, I noticed we could txt each other. I called AT&T, and was told that BB have their own txt plans, that it ws going to cost us $10 more per month. I was P'd/O. Why didn't the rep tell me this b4?

so $10 more per phone for only 200 txt a month, when we had 1500 & 200 txt per phone b4.

Then I asked if there is anymore plasns with more txt. She told me the only other plan is unliminted txt/data at $50 per phone!!

I can honestly say if they told me this when I bought it, I prob wouldnt have got my curve!
    Whoever told you that had to be wrong. I have a standard Unlimited Messaging Family plan, $30 a month. I am the only one with a bb. I do have the $30 personal bb plan. But the messaging plan is the standard family plan.
    05-21-08 11:23 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD