I have read about this on other threads, but haven't found out how to do it on a verizon phone. I called VW and was told they can't increase the number of rings. I just wanted to check here to see if that is true or do I need to call back and ask someone else?

The caller hears 2 rings before my bb starts ringing, plus it is hard for me to hear my ringtone (i have changed it a couple of times and have it on loud/high, but when my phone is in my case inside my purse it can be hard to hear) so I am missing a lot of calls. If I just had a few more rings then I would be able to catch my calss before they go to vm.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    02-20-08 04:26 PM
    The default time before kick to VM is 30 seconds. Call VZW again, you must have gotten a bum CS rep... they def can increase the time, ask them to increase to 45 seconds.
    02-20-08 06:14 PM
    Thank you! I called back (after waiting on hold forever) the rep fixed it right away. He set it to the max 40 seconds 8 rings. Super simple, he had no idea why the girl I spoke to yesterday couldn't do this for me!
    02-21-08 10:13 AM
    Would I have to do the same thing for T-Mobile, call CS?
    02-21-08 01:19 PM
    Michael, I would think so. This has to be done on a carrier level. Give them a call, it's free!
    02-21-08 01:22 PM
    I had the same issue as dinah kay with the ringer time being too short. Called Verizon and was told could not be changed. Waited a bit and called back (getting a different rep). Got me fixed to 40 sec./8 rings in nothing flat! That's how I handle Verizon. If I don't like or believe the answer, I continue calling the 800 number. MANY of the reps have been very helpful, kind, and patient with me, a true Newbie.
    02-28-08 11:30 AM
    i had the same problem but with ATT, just as a warning, after a certain amount of seconds the carrier in this case ATT will charge the call even if you dont answer.
    After 30secs of ringing ATT begins charging for that call.
    So i called these people and make them set the rings to 29secs.
    If money is not a problem for you then youre ok ;D
    03-08-08 03:10 PM
    what they charge after 30 seconds?? That kinda sucks

What is ATT default ring like 8 seconds, seems like it to me!

Im gonna give them a call and see whats up.

Jim
    04-07-08 10:21 PM
    wow thanks guys!

Just called ATT and they changed it to 25 seconds, its pretty sweet now!

I love this forum!!

Jim
    04-07-08 10:33 PM
    I contacted Telus and they told me they were not able to change the number of rings from the standard of 3 - which is not enough by the time I dig my phone out of my bag. They said only the corporate clients (businesses with over 100 phones) have the ability to modify this.
    Seem RIDICULOUS to me. I am going to contact other service providers (such as Rogers) and see what they say (not that it matters as I am under a 3 yr contract with Telus).
    04-15-08 07:46 PM
    I contacted Telus and they told me they were not able to change the number of rings from the standard of 3 - which is not enough by the time I dig my phone out of my bag. They said only the corporate clients (businesses with over 100 phones) have the ability to modify this.
    Seem RIDICULOUS to me. I am going to contact other service providers (such as Rogers) and see what they say (not that it matters as I am under a 3 yr contract with Telus).

Call again, get someone else and ask the same question. Maybe get a different result. If I don't get the answer I want from any cs rep, I try again with another rep. If you have the time, can't hurt to try
    04-15-08 07:48 PM
    You can usually change the ring duration on any GSM phone using the following sequence:

* Status: *#61#[SEND] The status will report the delay (5, 10, 15.., up to 30) & the number where your calls are diverted if there is no answer.
    * Activate: **61*[number]**[delay]#[SEND] Use the number that was reported by the status & the delay can be set to (5, 10, 15, 20, 25, or 30) seconds.
    * Cancel: ##61#[SEND]

[number] - usually the voice mail access number that is stored in the SIM card. If the status doesn't return you the number, just press your voicemail key and write down the number that it dials.
    04-22-08 07:42 AM
    Nice thanks for that tip. Easier than calling the rep.
    04-22-08 09:28 AM
    After just browsing throught the VERIZON WIRLESS Forum. The one were Currently on now (wink wink). lol jk

I stumbled across this and was glad I did so now I can listen to my ringers longer as well as incase I am in a lower service area and it takes longer for the phone to ring or if Im using it as a modem.. Whatever its nice to have a chance to look at the phone and decide wether or not you want to talk to this person.

Changed mine to the 8 rings 40 sec.
    05-05-08 06:43 PM
    Thanks for the tips!
    05-05-08 06:47 PM
    I called t-mobile and the longest they can set it too is 30s

It was at 25s. But 30 is still so short.
    08-30-08 08:41 PM
    Reposting a post from the Storm forum here because it is a Verizon specific issue as opposed to just a Storm issue I think.

I'm experiencing the same problem. I feel as calls go through to voicemail so much quicker than they did with my old phone. Per this thread and another (http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/inc...icemail-19652/) I called to have my settings changed. Here is what I was told on my two attempts:

1) That nothing could be changed on their side but I could try setting a longer ring tone on my end.

2) That any change they make only lasts for 24 hours and so there is no point in changing the length of time before going to voice mail.

I don't put much value in what I'm told by an individual rep. However, before I repeatedly call back until someone can help me, can someone confirm that it is indeed still possible to change the duration of time before a call is put through to voice mail on Verizon?
    12-15-08 09:01 AM
    I just called back a third time and was successful. The lady I spoke with this time saw the option in what she was looking at but wasn't able to make the change herself. So, she contacted technical support and was able to increase the duration before a call is put through to voicemail. If one rep says that you can't change this setting just say thank you, hang up, and try again or you may try going through technical support directly. Good luck.
    12-15-08 09:34 AM
    Bear in mind that while much of the above is spot-on, it is also switch dependent. Some areas with older switches might not allow for a line-based change of call-forward busy/no-answer.

AND

The dummy customer no-service rep who suggested a longer ringtone should be given 40 lashes with a wet noodle. The device in your hand has zero chance of effecting ring timing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 06:01 PM
    called CS and got it set for 30 seconds... but after I was done, I tried it and it is still not ringing for 30 seconds though it is lot improved from the previous around 5 secs....
    12-29-08 02:41 PM
    Hey thanks for the info-i had the same prob w/my curve sometimes missing the call-im callin vzw to change mine to!
    01-19-09 04:39 PM
    I just got off the phone with VZW and the rep stated they just changed it- you can't increase the seconds....not to be a broken record but has anyone increased the time to voice mail since December? She also stated than anyone who had has also been put back to 30 seconds, can anyone verify this?
    01-22-09 01:32 PM
    I just called back a third time and was successful. The lady I spoke with this time saw the option in what she was looking at but wasn't able to make the change herself. So, she contacted technical support and was able to increase the duration before a call is put through to voicemail. If one rep says that you can't change this setting just say thank you, hang up, and try again or you may try going through technical support directly. Good luck.
    Does it work? I called to have mine changed back in September and the tech rep said that they used to be able to change it in the "switch", but now, even when they change it, it doesn't affect the length of the ring. I would like to know if it does indeed work.
    01-22-09 02:25 PM
    In the NE area that is true to an extent. We can manually change the number of rings, but after the system scrub at midnight it will get reset to 30 seconds/6 rings.
    01-22-09 02:26 PM
    I'm on the line with VZW (Storm) on exactly this issue. My phone rings 4 times and even before the 4th ring it rolls to voice mail. The elapsed time from first ring to roll over is 22 seconds (timed).

VZW basically says that it is not a parameter they can set, That the network folks have taken it over and that it is frozen in the system at what setting was set (someone I work with has a Moto Q that rings 6 times).

I have opened a trouble ticket as I believe 22 seconds do not make a minimum standard for answering a phone.
    02-10-09 09:41 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD