can i cancel the data plan once i get the phone???

also do i have to return the phone, if i decide to do a early termination?
    12-06-09 07:24 AM
    You'd have to return the phone unless you wait till after 30 days then you'll have to pay the montly services and the fee too which would bring you to about $450 anyways so might as well buy it no commitment price.
    12-06-09 07:55 AM
    how did u come up with 450?

i thought the cancel fee was 175? and the plan im trying to get is 70 a month..

im trying to get the free blackberry on letstalk.com
    Last edited by Mossburn; 12-06-09 at 08:15 AM.
    12-06-09 08:00 AM
    Mossburn, AT&T's ETF is currently $175, and goes down by $5 per month that you are with them...... The $30 BB data plan is mandatory and can not be canceled at any time...... If you cancel the contract within the first 30 days, you can simply return the phone, and avoid paying the ETF..... After that, the phone is yours, and you pay the ETF to get out of the contract. Also if you are planning on getting the phone from Letstalk, I would see what their terms are first, as third party dealers might have other terms in addition to AT&T's.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Irish Rose; 12-06-09 at 05:21 PM.
    12-06-09 05:13 PM
    Mossburn, AT&T's ETF is currently $175, and goes down by $5 per month that you are with them...... The $30 BB data plan is mandatory and can not be canceled at any time...... If you cancel the contract within the first 30 days, you can simply return the phone, and avoid paying the ETF..... After that, the phone is yours, and you pay the ETF to get out of the contract. Also if you are planning on getting the phone from Letstalk, I would see what their terms are first, as third party dealers might have other terms in addition to AT&T's.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Agreed. When I bought my Curve through Amazon, they specifically stated that if I cancelled my service with AT&T within the first 180 days, they would charge me $200 to make up for the cost of the phone. Along with AT&T of $175 and my service bill, that would be well over buying the phone outright.

I guarantee it that LetsTalk will be the same way: you'll get charged for 1 month of service, plus ETF of AT&T, plus LetsTalk's fee for making up the money lost for giving you the phone for free.
    12-06-09 05:42 PM
    hahaha i was trying to get that deal on letstalk also and was wondering the same thing. Can I just get the phone for free, then cancel after 30 days? I don't mind paying the 175 dollars if I can keep the phone.
    12-10-09 06:18 PM
    Yeah, letstalk charges a $250 fee i think if you cancel or change your plan in ANYWAY shape or form within the first 6 months.

You can add features but you can't remove anything you did with them when you signed up.
    12-10-09 06:37 PM
    letstalk will charge you if you cancel your contract but you can remove the data as long as you know someone who can do it for you or go to a retailer and have them do it. Letstalk wont charge you. They all say the will but they really cant. its not in your contract that you must keep data. Thats a bunch of bs. I did the same thing through amazon and att service. i had a Blackberry for my dad who took off the data the first month we never got charged.
    12-11-09 02:52 PM
    Why would you every buy a blackberry if your not going to get the data plan? It totally defeats the purpose. Just get a dumb phone with a qwerty.
    12-13-09 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD