Hey lets say I have a blackberry storm, but I have ATT service, since the phone is for verizon which service provider should I call to get the unlock code?
    12-12-09 11:31 AM
    Verizon always whoever the device is branded to. BUT YOU MUST have a active account and fall within their guidelines for them to give it to you. or else we can help you hassle-free if they cannot.
    12-12-09 11:37 AM
    Verizon always whoever the device is branded to. BUT YOU MUST have a active account and fall within their guidelines for them to give it to you. or else we can help you hassle-free if they cannot.
    Correct. VZW would be the company that you would have to contact since it is technically their phone.

The catch is that they have a list of strict guidelines:

1) The phone is active on an active VZW line
    2) The phone number has been an active VZW number for at least six months
    3) You haven't requested an unlock for a device on that number within the last ten months
    4) Etc, etc

Most of the guidelines don't apply to you, so the only option you really have (other than not unlocking the device) is to use a thrid-party unlocking service like this guy.
    12-12-09 12:29 PM
    Hey lets say I have a blackberry storm, but I have ATT service, since the phone is for verizon which service provider should I call to get the unlock code?
    Try calling Verizon and ask for the code, but we doubt they will give it to you if you don't have an account with them. If not you can get the code from any 3rd party unlocker like us.
    12-12-09 11:11 PM
    There are many of us unlockers on Crackberry.com, and most of us are very well reviewed! Give us a shot if your carrier won't do it for you!

12-14-09 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD