Long story ahead, don't read if you don't want to know how I got a free Blackberry.

Last night:
    My mom jacked my blackberry curve from me about 6 months ago. I went on back to my Sidekick because I didn't mind too awful much. I'm back with blackberry after buying an 8800 about a week ago. Turns out my mom wants the 8800 because it's sleeker and prettier in her opinion. I said okay, sure. I missed the camera on the 8320 anyway. I put her sim and memory card in my 8800 and everything was fine. I put my sim and memory card in the 8320..it powered on then did the whole security test. The phone then turned off and powered back on by itself. I thought it was fine...until it did this 6 more times. I gave up for the night because it was late and we wanted to go to bed so I switched back to the 8800 and she switched back to the curve. Mind you everything was fine for her with the curve. It worked.

Today:

I got home and we tried this one more time. The curve worked for me for about 15-20 minutes. Obviously I was happy and went on to add my contacts again, bbm friends again so on & so forth. It played it's number again. We called today and explained everything in detail. The rep made me take the battery and my sim out of the curve so she could do something on her computer. She told me to try again so I did. Still not working. She went ahead and told me they'd send us another Curve because we have a warranty. We were okay with that, but it still kind of sucked we had to pay the deductible for insurance. Turns out, they're sending us a free curve. Shipping would of been free, but we chose 3 day for $20.

Story over. I always complain and rant about T-mobile but this impressed me.
    12-08-09 10:03 PM
    TMO is pretty cool in my opinion. I did a warranty exchange for my 8320 in mid October, and they told me last week that my new unit's warranty lasts until October 2010!!!! I thought it had expired once I did the exchange.
    12-08-09 10:25 PM
    That is good. Usually they're just rude and unhelpful on the phone. The people in the store are sweet.
    12-08-09 10:27 PM
    That is good. Usually they're just rude and unhelpful on the phone. The people in the store are sweet.
    Rude and unhelpful? Huh?

They have the best customer service reputation and ratings in the business.
    12-08-09 10:38 PM
    I have the exact opposite impression. The people in the store tick me off, but I have always been impressed with the people on the phone and chat.
    12-08-09 10:39 PM
    Hmm. Maybe it's just my luck with people.
    12-08-09 11:06 PM
    Yeah, with any industry like that that deals with call centers, it all depends on who you talk to. Everyone is different so no 2 customer instances are the same. Sounds like you got taken care of though which always a good thing
    12-08-09 11:08 PM
    Yeah, I am happy that I did.
    12-08-09 11:30 PM
    umm what you describe is pretty common. and if your paying for the warrenty, your getting ripped off. its almost cheaper in the long run to simply just buy the phone should you lose/break it.

i went through three 8900 in about 2 months time before I was able to get one that finally worked (had the phone for about 8 total months now) although my current one is starting to crap out on me again but we'll see how long i'm willing to live with it or just upgrade to the 9700.
    12-08-09 11:44 PM
    umm what you describe is pretty common. and if your paying for the warrenty, your getting ripped off. its almost cheaper in the long run to simply just buy the phone should you lose/break it.

i went through three 8900 in about 2 months time before I was able to get one that finally worked (had the phone for about 8 total months now) although my current one is starting to crap out on me again but we'll see how long i'm willing to live with it or just upgrade to the 9700.
    I did directly buy the phone at full price. But whenever my phone breaks randomly they always make me pay the insurance fee.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 11:59 PM
    Oh, I understand what you're saying.
    If I had of bought a new one, it would of been over 300. The replacement fee is normally 100.

12-09-09 12:01 AM
    Thats awesome, i actually agree with you on the t-mobile service over the phone they tend to be a bit rude at times, but face to face they have some great customer service
    12-09-09 12:55 AM
    Thats awesome, i actually agree with you on the t-mobile service over the phone they tend to be a bit rude at times, but face to face they have some great customer service
    Rude? Again, best reputation and best reviews and best award-winning records for customer service in the industry.
    12-09-09 11:45 AM
    Rude? Again, best reputation and best reviews and best award-winning records for customer service in the industry.
    Were 2 people out of millions of customers as u have pointed out I'm sure from a general standpoint you are correct but in our specific cases your wrong, unless u were sitting beside me when I was on the phone and don't agree because u heard my calss from a different perspective, but I highly doubt this.

12-09-09 02:02 PM
    I've always been happy with T-Mobile. I do find the over-the-phone customer service to be more helpful than the in-store people.

By the way, I heard the shipping time is the same, whether you pay extra or not.
    12-09-09 02:46 PM
    it might be personal with you. maybe u come off rude. because in the 3yrs i have had them they were always the best.
    12-09-09 03:01 PM
    it might be personal with you. maybe u come off rude. because in the 3yrs i have had them they were always the best.
    Spot on.

I've been with T-Mobile for over 6 years. They kill you with kindness. I almost wish they'd tone it down a bit sometimes. LOL.

Now if you want rude, call Bank of America. Now there is rude.
    12-09-09 03:39 PM
    I'm as sweet and kind as can be. I say please and thank you. I greet them. I tell them to have a nice day/holiday/weekend
    When they come back from putting me on hold I say no problem. I'm one of the nicest customers in this area I'm sure. They just don't like me.
    12-09-09 05:52 PM
    Yeah tmobile IMO is the best- their customer service over the phone is the best - people in the store meh
    like when i totally effed up my 8900- they sent me a new one, barely any questions asked.
    and when the lady in the store was being rude and snottily told me my brother was not due for an upgrade when i knew he was, i called 611 and the customer rep on the phone told the lady in the store to give my brother the upgrade ha it was great
    12-09-09 07:51 PM
    Yeah, sometimes it's like they switch places!
    12-09-09 08:43 PM
    I'm as sweet and kind as can be. I say please and thank you. I greet them. I tell them to have a nice day/holiday/weekend
    When they come back from putting me on hold I say no problem. I'm one of the nicest customers in this area I'm sure. They just don't like me.
    I don't think it's a matter of not liking you. I really don't know what it might be but for the first time in years I went through a little bit of a challenge with T-Mobile at the store level today too. That was followed by more challenges with the customer service/retentions department. I've never had any of this before.

T-Mobile is suffering growing pains. They better watch out if this becomes a trend. All the past awards and accolades are only as good as yesterday.
    12-09-09 10:29 PM
    I have the exact opposite impression. The people in the store tick me off, but I have always been impressed with the people on the phone and chat.
    +1... ever since they were SunCom employees in Puerto Rico...
    12-09-09 10:49 PM
    But I had to switch from AT&T (long story). I hated TMO's service. Their phones were ***, and every one laughed when they found out what service I had. However, TMO had the cheapest plans and were lenient with the credit checks and deposit. (I still owed big blue money). The one thing that I truly loved was TMO's customer service. They are so accommodating. Three years later, Im still here. Their service has truly improved and their phones have obviously improved too. I pay about 60 percent less than other customers of other networks. Everytime I have a problem, it is no problem. TMO really takes care of me.
    12-10-09 01:04 AM
    It's not as if I blame them for the phone conversations. I understand they get completely barbaric people all day that complain and annoy til the days end.
    12-10-09 02:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD