I'm an authorized user and we have 4 phones on the family plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 10:05 PM
    I would Think so. certainly worth a phone call to att to find out.

12-06-09 10:08 PM
    I would Think so. certainly worth a phone call to att to find out.

Yea I actually have the primary line too, I hope I can. I work for target and only get 9 percent but every bit counts. I went to an att store and the rep didn't know how to do it. So she talked to someone that was there and they told her the manager was the only 1 that could do it so she asked for my name and number and made a copy of my target id so I hope that the name on the account doesn't matter being as it's four phones and not just 1.... Specially with me being an authorized user.

12-06-09 10:11 PM
    Whos name is it on the main account? If its not yours you will have to do a switch of owner over the phone with the current holder and you who will be taking it over. After that you will need to show proof of work/school at a corp store or see if you get a fan discount or via email at the att site.
    12-06-09 11:21 PM
    Whos name is it on the main account? If its not yours you will have to do a switch of owner over the phone with the current holder and you who will be taking it over. After that you will need to show proof of work/school at a corp store or see if you get a fan discount or via email at the att site.
    her name is on the account, and if that's the case I guess we will go without it because we just got 2 9700's through letstalk and we can't do anything with the account for 6 months or we get hit with 2 $250 penalties. BUT I swear I read somewhere on here that some guys have put it on their wives accounts' or vice versa????
    12-06-09 11:30 PM
    Try to get an email account from target. They don't check if you do that but you would have to confirm their email that they send you to that email to put the discount on her account. My gf is the main account holder also and since my brother didn't use his work discount he let me use it and it gave me 24% off the total bill and 45% off phones
    12-07-09 10:15 PM
    Try to get an email account from target. They don't check if you do that but you would have to confirm their email that they send you to that email to put the discount on her account. My gf is the main account holder also and since my brother didn't use his work discount he let me use it and it gave me 24% off the total bill and 45% off phones
    you're lucky lol, I can't just ask for email target doesn't work like that. It's based on your position. Unfortunately my position doesn't have email. I wish I had a brother with a good corp discount too lol
    12-07-09 11:57 PM
    My plan is under my mother in laws name and I put it in through my companys discount program no problem

12-08-09 09:53 AM
    Finally got it, went to a corp store gave my target id as well as my phone number and it was applied right then and there. So idk if you're allowed to do it because she didn't ask for the name on the account but she did it for me so I'm guessing it doesn't matter

12-10-09 06:13 PM
    It actually does matter whos name the account is in. Plus, im not really sure how they added it right then and there. Unless it was a business rep, there isnt a way for regular retail reps to add it in store anymore. If they happen to check and notice that the account isnt in your name, you might have trouble later down the road.
    12-11-09 11:20 PM
    It actually does matter whos name the account is in. Plus, im not really sure how they added it right then and there. Unless it was a business rep, there isnt a way for regular retail reps to add it in store anymore. If they happen to check and notice that the account isnt in your name, you might have trouble later down the road.
    why should my name be on the account? I am an authorized user, I pay for my phone, I work for Target, I supplied all the information they asked for and did not lie. They asked for my name and number, Target Employee ID and that was it. You're acting like I'm ripping att off. And I went to an att corp store I don't know how they added it right then and there but they did.
    12-12-09 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD