I just checked out the LG dare (just released on the 26th) today at the Verizon store, and really like it.

I'm thinking about terminating my plan early with sprint (I just missed the 30 day guarentee by 4 days) which is $200 and then selling the blackberry pearl.

But is it legal and OK to sell the pearl that you were once using? Like is it gonna cause any problems in terms of the buyer activating the phone or whatever?
    06-26-08 08:46 PM
    People sell their devices all the time without incident, its perfectly legal. Just be sure all of your personal info is off the device and that the esn is clear.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 08:50 PM
    I've sold a few of my old phones and as long as the ESN isn't blacklisted (ie. from being reported stolen), the buyer should be able to activate it.
    06-26-08 09:05 PM
    You'll be aight

06-27-08 02:40 AM
    Why are you ditching the Pearl?

06-27-08 02:51 AM
    Having your pearl for 34 days, I'd expect you to be hooked on it already. HAHA. and ROFL at jcm4's PIN info.
    06-27-08 03:30 AM
    cool! have fun with VZN, and more importantly, have fun with your LG hahahaha.
    06-27-08 12:45 PM
    I just checked out the LG dare (just released on the 26th) today at the Verizon store, and really like it.

I'm thinking about terminating my plan early with sprint (I just missed the 30 day guarentee by 4 days) which is $200 and then selling the blackberry pearl.

But is it legal and OK to sell the pearl that you were once using? Like is it gonna cause any problems in terms of the buyer activating the phone or whatever?
    As I've understood it for years, no one will have a problem activating your Pearl as long as YOUR account is up to date. If you owe Sprint any money and someone tried to activate that phone- they'd have problems.

For every phone I've sold, I've given the buyer the ESN prior to sale so they can call Sprint themselves and be given the assurance the phone can be activated. Less hassle for me to try to convince them that the ESN is free and clear.

If this has changed, someone chime in.
    06-29-08 04:44 PM
    (gasp)!!! traitor... lolz j/p to each its own
    06-29-08 04:48 PM
    Once you have cancelled Sprint, the esn hex and dec are free and clear. I wouldnt rec that you DO NOT give the esn to a buyer because they could call into customer care and activate the handset just with those codes...then report it as lost or stolen and pay 50 bucks and get a new pearl. At the end of it your stuck with apearl that you wont get a whole lot of money for and dead ends with sprint because you dont have an acct with them so you cant fix your"lost or stolen phone". i might have confused some of you or even lost some of you in this reply, but the moral of the story is never give your esn hex or decimal out...ever...and to end cancell and then sell the phone, i would have the buyer meet you at the store just to make sure everything runs smoothly.

p.s. erase all of your info on the bb.
    Last edited by eraymundo; 07-02-08 at 11:57 PM. Reason: i messed up
    07-02-08 11:56 PM
    From my experience with LG phones; they're more pretty than anything else really.

If the phone being offered on a specific carrier isn't offered by the carrier you're with; and if that phone is PHENOMENAL...then that's cool; but to bail out early for a phone like the LG Dare?!?! Come on now, I'd just think twice about that decision.

07-03-08 09:40 AM
    just think twice about that decision.
    I'd think many more times than that
    07-03-08 09:45 AM
    how much are you selling your pearl for? PM me if you need to
    07-03-08 03:50 PM
    I did the same thing with T-Mobile and I'm still paying the price. I pay them and every month they come up with some new ridiculous fee that they "forgot" to charge me before.
    I'd be careful.
    07-09-08 01:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD