... you need to restore the generic service books. I did it and I got bb maps back. You only have to perform step 2 in method 1.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-107154/
    Last edited by savagepagan; 11-10-09 at 05:11 PM.
    11-10-09 04:48 PM
    Can you also post the generic service books, and will this affect the performance of the phone?
    11-10-09 10:13 PM
    I've done that method and it won't last. If you resend your service books, you lose Maps. It makes no sense.
    11-13-09 03:16 AM
    Using my Blackberry browser I went to mobile.blackberry.com Click on download Blackberry maps.
    11-13-09 09:53 AM
    mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=maps_sbi

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 07:27 PM
    i had to do the service book swap when I did the browser fix for my 5.0 beta. I just added BMaps to Quicklaunch and even though I don't have an icon after resending the service books to activate my email, it will still fully launch through Quicklaunch. Nice, but I prefer Google Maps anyways...

11-16-09 11:17 AM
    The way I see it is this: bb maps is always there and can be accessed in a couple of roundabout ways (BBM locate, and quicklaunch). So you have a choice: you can either a: have your email, or b: have an icon for bb maps. Lol

11-19-09 02:28 AM
    Nah,

Just do what mhicok said above, and get it from mobile.blackberry.com. As suprising as it sounds, it actually works. I have an icon and everything, and the d/l is so small and fast that you are finished before you know it.
    11-19-09 08:42 PM
    The mobile site DL worked for me. It has never worked in the past, always been blocked by AT&T. Not sure if the newest OS doesn't block it anymore and AT&T finally relented or what, but it does work now and the icon will show up even while using the AT&T themes.
    11-20-09 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD