Hope I can ask this here! If not please redirect me or this post to the right place!

Right now I have the blackberry curve 8310 and while I love it I have a limited amount of text messages and no data plan. GoPhone account. We have a house phone with long distance (since calling the town next door to us is long distance!) and that's about $52 a month. What I'm trying to do is figure out what would be the cheaper route plus allow me to have data. Oh yea, on top of the home phone my GoPhone is $49 and some change.

I was looking at getting the unlimited minutes and BlackBerry personal bundle with unlimited text and data. That would be about $150 plus tax and surcharge fees.

Just wondering if that would be a better option and if any of you go that route!
    09-24-09 02:42 PM
    I have AT&T with no homephone. My bill runs approximatly 150.00 dollars with an iphone and bold on the plan. That is with unlimited texting and data on both lines.

I would do it, personally. I realize its more money, but the ease of use and not having to deal with minutes and other things makes it a no brainer for me..
    09-24-09 05:05 PM
    Wow, how did you get that? Two phones and data packages for the same price I would pay for ONE!?
    09-24-09 05:11 PM
    Wow, how did you get that? Two phones and data packages for the same price I would pay for ONE!?
    It's probably a shared plan, not two different plans...
    09-24-09 05:19 PM
    When I asked about the unlimited text and data for two phones on one plan they told me I had to have TWO text/data plans. One for each line.
    09-24-09 05:34 PM
    When I asked about the unlimited text and data for two phones on one plan they told me I had to have TWO text/data plans. One for each line.
    Just get one phone that will not require data. It will save you money each month by not having 2 data plans.
    09-24-09 06:45 PM
    Yes. My bill is for a shared plan. I do receive a discount of 15% because I work for the government. Hope that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 06:57 PM
    Well, a Blackberry data plan from AT&T is $30 a month per line. If you have a family plan, you can get family messaging. Its $30 a month as well, but you get unlimited text and picture messaging on all of your lines. Add in an applicable rate plan, and you can ditch the home phone. You can get 2 lines with 550 shared minutes for $59.99 or 700 shared minutes for $69.99. That includes long distance, free mobile to mobile to any other AT&T customers, rollover minutes (whatever you don't use one month, rolls over to the next) and unlimited weekends and nights after 9pm. If you decide to go that route, check with them and see if you get discount from your employer. I too am government and get the 15% discount on my plan. Its not much, but every little bit helps.
    09-25-09 07:08 AM
    We have no landline, and 2 Blackberries, each with unlimited data, plus my son's Nokia with 500 SMS, unlimited mobile-to-mobile calling, unlimited nights and weekends, rollover, and 850 minutes shared on a Family Plan. With my corporate discount, I pay about $165/month.
    09-25-09 08:52 AM
    WITH SPRINT we pay a bit over $100/month (23% corporate discount) for the Everything Data Family Share Plan...1500 shared minutes, unlimited mobile-to-mobile WITH ANY CARRIER not just other Sprint users, unlimited text & data.
    Last edited by redhdgirl417; 09-25-09 at 11:03 AM. Reason: change from quick to advanced
    09-25-09 11:02 AM
    Why would you pick a expensive unlimited minutes plan? Choose a plan that includes A-List and put up to 5 (individual accounts) numbers you call to be free always, or 10 (Family shared) and you also have rollover and free n/w etc. I don't think you need unlimited mins.
    09-25-09 02:17 PM
    If you really want to save on the data, use a non-AT&T unlocked smartphone so you can use the media net plan instead of PDA/BB plan.
    09-25-09 02:46 PM
    Hope I can ask this here! If not please redirect me or this post to the right place!

Right now I have the blackberry curve 8310 and while I love it I have a limited amount of text messages and no data plan. GoPhone account. We have a house phone with long distance (since calling the town next door to us is long distance!) and that's about $52 a month. What I'm trying to do is figure out what would be the cheaper route plus allow me to have data. Oh yea, on top of the home phone my GoPhone is $49 and some change.

I was looking at getting the unlimited minutes and BlackBerry personal bundle with unlimited text and data. That would be about $150 plus tax and surcharge fees.

Just wondering if that would be a better option and if any of you go that route!
    I was in your situation just last month. I had a Pearl on GoPhone. My usage increased and after much research, I decided that my best option was to port my number to a new Sprint account. I looked at AT&T, TMobile, Sprint, Verizon, Boost, and some local company I don't recall the name. None of them had the features/coverage to price value of Sprint.

Since the mobile is all I use to run my business anymore (I wasn't home enough to answer the landline so I shut it down), the Simply Everything was pretty much a no-brainer.

Last edited by dchawk81; 09-25-09 at 02:54 PM.
    09-25-09 02:52 PM
    Why would you pick a expensive unlimited minutes plan? Choose a plan that includes A-List and put up to 5 (individual accounts) numbers you call to be free always, or 10 (Family shared) and you also have rollover and free n/w etc. I don't think you need unlimited mins.
    Maybe because it's annoying to have to pick 5-10 favorites? If that "favorite" uses any other phone you're back tp sucking down minutes.

09-25-09 02:58 PM
    By the way, I'm not a Sprint troll. I'm just suggesting that you look at other carriers.

09-25-09 03:00 PM
    Get the AT&T plan with A-List with Unl bb and sms. and have google voice in one of the numbers.

Presto
    09-25-09 03:43 PM
    I'm on the ATT Unity Family Nation Talk 700 minute plan, have a Bold with data plan, Iphone with data plan and 1500 limit text, and a Samsung Eternity with no data plan.

When I first signed on with ATT for our wireless phones, I was told that I would have to have a landline to be eligible for the family unity plan, but from what I've read on this thread, there are customers who have this plan but no landline phone.

Which is the correct information?
    09-25-09 04:11 PM
    I have 3 phones on the 2100 minute family plan through AT&T. We have two data packages for my Bold and my Wife's I-Phone which are $30 each and we pay I think $25 for unlimited texting. All in all our Bill is roughly $200 per month. Yesterday I was watching TV and saw a commercial about "Bundling" your cell plan, home phone, and high speed internet with AT&T. I called and this is what I was told.

With the particular bundle you get the Extreme 6.0 interenet, home phone service with unlimited long distance, and the same cell phone plan we have now. However, the great part is the bundle includes UNLIMITED texting and FREE data for the cell phones. So now we don't have to pay for the two data packages($30 each) and the unlimited texting($25). She quoted me a monthly bill of $186 which includes the home phone, high speed internet, and all 3 cell phones with 2100 minutes, unlimited texting, and Data packages on two of the phones!!! Plus we switched from Comcast so they gave us $250 cash back!!!

At first I was skeptical, however you spell it, but I received a confirmation email with the price quote!!! Not sure if this helps the original poster but I figured a lot of people would want to know about the great deal.
    09-25-09 06:58 PM
    That is an insane deal.

09-25-09 07:22 PM
    I have 3 phones on the 2100 minute family plan through AT&T. We have two data packages for my Bold and my Wife's I-Phone which are $30 each and we pay I think $25 for unlimited texting. All in all our Bill is roughly $200 per month. Yesterday I was watching TV and saw a commercial about "Bundling" your cell plan, home phone, and high speed internet with AT&T. I called and this is what I was told.

With the particular bundle you get the Extreme 6.0 interenet, home phone service with unlimited long distance, and the same cell phone plan we have now. However, the great part is the bundle includes UNLIMITED texting and FREE data for the cell phones. So now we don't have to pay for the two data packages($30 each) and the unlimited texting($25). She quoted me a monthly bill of $186 which includes the home phone, high speed internet, and all 3 cell phones with 2100 minutes, unlimited texting, and Data packages on two of the phones!!! Plus we switched from Comcast so they gave us $250 cash back!!!

At first I was skeptical, however you spell it, but I received a confirmation email with the price quote!!! Not sure if this helps the original poster but I figured a lot of people would want to know about the great deal.
    ridiculous, hmm i have my services bundled maybe i shud look into this
    09-25-09 08:13 PM
    Wow, I'm so confused. Talk to the live-chat person with AT&T and she says one thing. Talk to someone in the store and you hear something else. I've yet to get my (future)payment below $150 and that's just for one phone and one data package. I do not need two lines since my husband has his through work. Maybe if I could talk my mom into getting on a plan with me I might could get something better.
    09-25-09 11:00 PM
    I went cell phone only while I was in college and even after I got out on my own with no trouble at all. I had tje 450 min plan when I left my parents family plan and still had no problem. At the end of a year I had over 4000 roll over.

Chance are you do not need the unlimited plan. Look at how many minutes you use a month during any time minute. Chance are it is pretty low. That is hoiw I choose my plan. I had on average 2000 min in NW/M2M min but that is unlimited. Just put those factors in and you will be fine.
    Also remember family unlimited text is only 30 a month

09-26-09 02:58 PM
    You're probably right. Chances are I don't really need to get the unlimited everything. Too bad they don't have something like other carriers where you can get everything for 99ish bucks. But that wouldn't work on the BB would it, since you have to have a certain package for that.

Guess my best bet would be to call AT&T to see if there is a way to see how many minutes I use on the landline per month and go from there. Based on that and what I use on my cell I should be able to come up with something cheaper!

It seems that the people with two lines on their contract are paying less? Is this true? And if I had two lines on a family plan do I have to pay the 9.99 for the second phone or is that only for the third and/more?
    09-26-09 03:16 PM
    Too bad they don't have something like other carriers where you can get everything for 99ish bucks. But that wouldn't work on the BB would it, since you have to have a certain package for that.
    To simplify I'm talking about single plans only. You can hack out discounts when you combine lines on a Family Plan since that's the whole incentive behind doing so.

With AT&T, 99 bucks gets you unlimited voice. If you get a BB you'll be required to get the BB data for $30 more, and that doesn't include texting, which is another $20.

With Sprint, 99 bucks gets you the works - unlimited voice, BB data, and texting.

I don't have a landline or family mooching off my cell plan, so it was a no-brainer for me to make the move to another carrier, despite being with AT&T for 4+ years.
    09-27-09 01:28 AM
    I havn't had a landline in a long time. I live alone and the cats don't need one. The BB just follows me. Good luck.

09-27-09 03:44 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD