After many years with Verizon, I switched to T-Mobile because of various issues. The T-Mobile representatives were great...bent over backwards to make the transition and to hook me up. Problem is, I have severe connectivity problems. I've tried the wireless routers, got the latest and newest equipment, but calls are often lost if and when I get coverage. It's gotten pretty bad. Data seems to work OK, but voice lines are severely lacking.

I investigated and it seems that the ATT phones get coverage where the T-Mobile ones do not. I can still make calls with the ATT phone whereas I can't even get a legit signal with the T-Mobile...not even SOS. Just says, "no service".

Is T-Mobile going to do anything about the spotty coverage? I mean, the prices are great, and I can save about $30 with T-Mobile, but the frustration with service just doesn't seem to be worth it...

Don't mean to complain, but the service just doesn't cut it, no matter the $1 a day...
    06-01-08 04:16 AM
    saving $$ doesn't do you any good if you can't make calls, notify tmo about this because there should be a clause in your contract that will let you out, and switch to att.
    06-01-08 09:53 AM
    That's a personal thing, but right, why the **** would you pay for a service you can't get or can't get well? Having said that, why aren't you roaming on th ATT network if a TMo signal is not available? I am.
    06-01-08 01:31 PM
    AT&T roaming isn't automatic across the nation for T-Mobile users. In my area, T-Mobile users can only use T-Mobile towers... I can go 10 miles and have no service... And all the other carriers work just fine with native service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-08 01:50 PM
    That was one of my reasons for canceling my line with T-mobile. The coverage in the two main places (home, 1st & 2nd job) was very low or non-existent.

Pricing on T-mobile is awesome, but it means nothing to me if I can't get service. I was getting unlimited data/text for $20 on my sidekick and that was awesome, but then I looked at my usage and it was crap.
    06-01-08 02:46 PM
    There's only so much you can do if you don't have signal. Hopefully they'll let you out of your contract so you can get better coverage.
    06-01-08 02:58 PM
    I would definitely complain bout you should have done more research before you went to Tmo.
    06-01-08 03:23 PM
    I don't think its fair to assume someone didn't do their research. Its possible that it could be the phone. There are other options than telling someone to switch. After those options are exhausted, then it seems a cancellation of service with no early termination fees would be in order.

Just my pennies worth.

06-01-08 03:31 PM
    Yeah complain. I would. Maybe if you did, they might hook you up with a free wireless router and talk@home service just to keep your business.

06-01-08 03:34 PM
    He could've easily checked the coverage map. Also if you don't live in or near a large city chances are your coverage will be spotty anyway. Just some carriers have better coverage in certain areas of the country though. Like myself I live in NYC so I am luck all carriers have good coverage. If I go like further south I might have crap coverage with Tmo and AT&T may dominate I mean there are just a lot of variables.

He should tell them that the service is unacceptable and leave...hopefully he's still within the grace period 21 or 30 days whatever it is to return the phone and cancel the service with no termination fee.
    06-01-08 04:56 PM
    I DID look at the coverage map, but that really is not indicative of the quality of service - it's meaningless because they still keep trying to tell me that I should have 2 - 3 bars of coverage where I am, but I can hardly get an SOS signal! So much for the coverage map. I DID complain and was hooked up with wireless routers. They DID bend over backwards but still...the service is atrocious in and around the area.

I also called customer service about having to look elsewhere for service, and they flat out refused! I started with T-Mobile in January...immediately experienced the problem. Was given new equipment, new sim cards, routers, credits, incentives...but the problem persisted. I feel as though, with EACH MEASURE used to try to improve the service, and assurances that they would try to remedy my issues, that a new 30-day period should start. After all..I would have bailed a lot sooner if it were not for the continuing attempts to make the system work for me. But no...I kept giving the company the benefit of the doubt, and I kept hanging in there.

NOW...for being so PATIENT, and I've reached my end point, they have me between a rock and a hard place and want to charge me $200 a line to move the service!!! That ain't right. That just ain't right.
    06-01-08 11:42 PM
    I would complain this is pretty absurd they basically dragged you along but it still was your decision to stay. I would try to get in touch with a manager though that is ridiculous.
    06-02-08 03:33 PM
    I Don't have either carrier but i agree... if the service costs a dollar a months but you can only make calls 9 miles way at 1am worth it? nope...
    06-02-08 03:49 PM
    I understand the OP's pain. I'd go to the top and stop talking to CSR's and managers. There's always someone bigger over them. Obviously after all this time, you arent getting what you're paying for.

Apparently the problem cannot be fixed and someone with some brains should be able to review your account and see that you've called plenty of times to get this resolved.

He already stated that he would have bailed if it werent for the continued attempts on the carriers end to fix the problem. At some point, someone needs to step up and realize that this isnt something that can be fixed. The OP apparently is out of the coverage range; maybe just by a smidgen- but whatever the distance, he cant use their service.

How many more months should this drag out? Now placing some responsibility back on the OP, it's your money. You clearly need to decide if the headache is worth the pain.
    06-02-08 04:25 PM
    Does anyone have an idea when BB Bold is available in GERMANY?
    06-02-08 04:52 PM
    my usage and it was crap.
    The poster here is an AT&T (mobile division) employee. He regularly posts negative T-Mobile material in the T-Mobile forum. Most other forum sites would probably ban him for this behavior.

He conveniently neglects to mention that AT&T winds up with the worst connectivity and customer care ratings in every region of the country.
    06-02-08 04:57 PM
    After many years with Verizon, I switched to T-Mobile because of various issues.
    The simple answer to the question about connectivity is that no one should use a carrier that doesn't work for them.

You have limited post history on the forum and we have no idea where in the country you live so it's hard to offer much constructive feedback.
    06-02-08 05:00 PM
    I DID look at the coverage map, but that really is not indicative of the quality of service - it's meaningless because they still keep trying to tell me that I should have 2 - 3 bars of coverage where I am, but I can hardly get an SOS signal!
    T-Mobile gets high accolades for the quality of their service coverage maps. And we still have no idea where in the country you are located.
    06-02-08 05:05 PM
    That is why I have stayed with VZ. They have reception where others don't.

06-02-08 05:11 PM
    That is why I have stayed with VZ. They have reception where others don't.
    Verizon generally has good reception in most places domestically.

Their CDMA service doesn't work outside of the United States so you phone is probably useless if you travel. They also are the absolute worst on billing problems.

But their coverage is good and their customer service is above average. They tie with T-Mobile in most regions of the country as the best-rated carrier.
    06-02-08 05:22 PM
    The poster here is an AT&T (mobile division) employee. He regularly posts negative T-Mobile material in the T-Mobile forum. Most other forum sites would probably ban him for this behavior.

He conveniently neglects to mention that AT&T winds up with the worst connectivity and customer care ratings in every region of the country.
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGG!! Wireless, what is your problem. What difference does any of this actually make to you. Does it have ANY impact on your life? Or do you feel its your personal mission to hunt down and flame ANYONE that says something about TMo? You have the nerve to post about what someone else does; but I dont see any one but YOU stalking the forums. How bout somebody ban YOU for YOUR actions!!!!!

This is beyond outrages. Maybe you should spend less time making TMo your personal crusade. Get out the house or something! D*mn!
    06-02-08 05:33 PM
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGG!! ... Get out the house or something! D*mn!
    LOL. The irony is hillarious.

Let me think of the last time I was ever in the Sprint/Nextel forum .... hmmmm .... well, never.

You're not even a T-Mobile customer but you have all this time on your hands to patrol the T-Mobile website. Talk about needing to get out of the house.
    06-02-08 05:38 PM
    LOL. The irony is hillarious.

Let me think of the last time I was ever in the Sprint/Nextel forum .... hmmmm .... well, never.

You're not even a T-Mobile customer but you have all this time on your hands to patrol the T-Mobile website. Talk about needing to get out of the house.
    There's this little thing called "instant email notifications" which allows me to respond back to whatever has been posted. Maybe if you didn't spend so much time jumping on anyone that says something in the TMo forum, I wouldn't get so many notifications.

And for the record, I've been with Sprint for 10 years- does that sound like I am remotely interested in being a TMo customer? Also, I've posted in 2 TMo threads. Thats a far cry from "have all this time on your hands to patrol the T-Mobile website." You dont even know what you're talking about.

Some people, like yourself, just type cause they have a keyboard in front of them with nothing of value to add. Folks like you are called trolls!!
    You remind me of the school yard bully. Whats the matter- not enough love in your life?

*POOF* You're now a distant memory!!
    Last edited by ScandaLeX; 06-02-08 at 06:10 PM.
    06-02-08 06:05 PM
    There's this little thing called "instant email notifications" which allows me to respond back to whatever has been posted.
    I almost fell off my chair reading this because I was laughing so hard.

You aren't a T-Mobile customer but you have "notifications" set up for posts in the T-Mobile forum when you are a Sprint customer and have been a Sprint customer for 10 years?

I've never even been to the Sprint forum and you have instant notifications set up for the T-Mobile (a carrier you don't use) forum? LOL!

Brings new meaning to the phrase ... someone needs to get a life.

Thanks for the laugh. My sides are hurting from laughing so hard.
    06-02-08 06:14 PM
    I think this thread has fallen completely off topic.
    06-02-08 07:21 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD