Iwould like to know if t-mobile bought sprint if you would switch or would you stay. if this happen i would jump ship i like CDMA better then GSM. so i would go to Verizon. just like to see what people think. and yes i know there were talks of this months ago but now the buzz is back thats why there stocks are up because stock analysis are saying it might happen in early 2010. just want to get some opinions.
    12-09-09 11:33 AM
    Iwould like to know if t-mobile bought sprint if you would switch or would you stay. if this happen i would jump ship i like CDMA better then GSM. so i would go to Verizon. just like to see what people think. and yes i know there were talks of this months ago but now the buzz is back thats why there stocks are up because stock analysis are saying it might happen in early 2010. just want to get some opinions.
    regardless of any validity of that rumor, you wouldn't be switching to GSM from CDMA. They're not going to just uproot that whole infrastructure of CDMA towers that they've built up for the last decade.
    12-09-09 11:37 AM
    I would stick with Sprint unless they did me seriously wrong. If they started crippling phones I would have a serious issue.

One could always hope that they went all quad-band. That'd be nice.
    12-09-09 11:43 AM
    yes i know my phone would still work but i would leave still because i think they would sometime in the future get rid of CDMA and just have the GSM network
    12-09-09 11:50 AM
    yes i know my phone would still work but i would leave still because i think they would sometime in the future get rid of CDMA and just have the GSM network
    seriously, it'd be a long time, and LTE would just replace them both with seamless integration.
    12-09-09 12:11 PM
    your over exaggerating right now. it would take a while . As long as your service isnt effected then why change?... if you start having problems with your service then change...
    12-09-09 02:54 PM
    Tmo does not have the capital to buy Sprint. there parent company DT ( deutche telecom ) does. I also believe that IF it happens there will be no switch in technology, it will still be Tmo gsm and Sprint cdma. what you will see are hybrid phones and a better line up of phone for sprint.
    12-09-09 03:03 PM
    Tmo does not have the capital to buy Sprint. there parent company DT ( deutche telecom ) does. I also believe that IF it happens there will be no switch in technology, it will still be Tmo gsm and Sprint cdma. what you will see are hybrid phones and a better line up of phone for sprint.
    exactly, just as iDEN is still around with Nextel, under Sprint.
    12-09-09 03:07 PM
    Deutche Telekom is making money, but year over year, their cash flows are down. Sprint is swimming in debt, $21B and climbing. They're net operations are in near double digit contractions. Sprint's wireless operations haven't had a positive subscriber growth quarter since early 2007. Clearwire is borrowing money to pay older debt.

Other factors aside, regulators would not allow a foreign entity to take ownership of Sprint's backbone (AS1239). So Sprint would have to be broken up. With that much debt, and "damaged goods", it's not happening.

I think the Sprint can turn it around, but they need to capitalize on their strengths and sell the "value" of their more inclusive plans and leverage a better roaming agreement with VZW for EVDO data (which I believe has been done), and pray that Clearwire grows wings.
    12-09-09 03:54 PM
    IMHO, Sprint's only current weakness is the stigma of its past.

Other than the commonly shared weakness of network coverage of course (they all have issues here because the world is a big @ss place). With roaming agreements it's not so bad but a subscriber does have to keep an eye on the tally if roaming frequently.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by dchawk81; 12-09-09 at 04:33 PM.
    12-09-09 04:30 PM
    IMHO, Sprint's only current weakness is the stigma of its past.

Other than the commonly shared weakness of network coverage of course (they all have issues here because the world is a big @ss place). With roaming agreements it's not so bad but a subscriber does have to keep an eye on the tally if roaming frequently.

yep, past stigma, and currently just the one that doesn't get the great phones... just a bone thrown it's way occasionally. they seriously need to be more aggressive on that front, with phone makers.
    12-09-09 04:39 PM
    What is this? CLOSE

del.icio.usdigg
    Newsvinereddit
    Yahoo!Facebook
    Sprint shares jump after Citi upgrade
    NEW YORK — Shares of Sprint Nextel Corp. got a boost Wednesday after a Citi Investment Research analyst upgraded the telecommunications company and said its combination with T-Mobile USA in the next 12 months is more likely than not.

Analyst Michael Rollins upgraded Sprint to "Buy" from "Hold" and raised his target price on the stock to $5.50 from $5. He put the chance of a merger between Sprint and Deutsche Telekom-owned T-Mobile at 55 percent. In September, Rollins put the likelihood of such an acquisition at under 30 percent.

"We believe Sprint may reconsider its strategic options during the first-half of 2010, while it continues to improve its sales productivity and cut costs for which we expect additional programs to be announced during the first quarter," wrote Rollins in a note to investors Wednesday.

The analyst also expects Sprint to improve its losses of contract — or "post-paid" subscribers — over the next six months.

A Sprint representative could not immediately be reached for comment Wednesday afternoon.

Shares of the Overland Park, Kan.-based company rose 23 cents, or 5.9 percent, to $4.14 in afternoon trading. The stock has traded between $1.83 and $5.94 in the past 52 weeks.
    12-09-09 10:17 PM
    What is this? CLOSE

del.icio.usdigg
    Newsvinereddit
    Yahoo!Facebook
    Sprint shares jump after Citi upgrade
    NEW YORK Shares of Sprint Nextel Corp. got a boost Wednesday after a Citi Investment Research analyst upgraded the telecommunications company and said its combination with T-Mobile USA in the next 12 months is more likely than not.

Analyst Michael Rollins upgraded Sprint to "Buy" from "Hold" and raised his target price on the stock to $5.50 from $5. He put the chance of a merger between Sprint and Deutsche Telekom-owned T-Mobile at 55 percent. In September, Rollins put the likelihood of such an acquisition at under 30 percent.

"We believe Sprint may reconsider its strategic options during the first-half of 2010, while it continues to improve its sales productivity and cut costs for which we expect additional programs to be announced during the first quarter," wrote Rollins in a note to investors Wednesday.

The analyst also expects Sprint to improve its losses of contract or "post-paid" subscribers over the next six months.

A Sprint representative could not immediately be reached for comment Wednesday afternoon.

Shares of the Overland Park, Kan.-based company rose 23 cents, or 5.9 percent, to $4.14 in afternoon trading. The stock has traded between $1.83 and $5.94 in the past 52 weeks.
    I think the analyst is trying to save his portfolio, seeing as how Sprint was downgraded just the day before. Sprint: The Debate Continues; Pali Says Only 2% Chance Of Sprint/T-Mobile Deal - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    but hey, we'll see won't we? ;-)

12-10-09 01:59 AM
    If Sprint and Tblowbile merge I will immediately switch to VZW. My wife and 2 kids have Tmobile only because of the SunCom TMob merg. I hate Tblowbile. I have had Sprint for almost 6 years and I have zero problems with the coverage or customer service.
    12-14-09 10:12 PM
    Hmmm Sprint's plans and T Mobile's customer service. Sounds good to me. Been with Sprint for 9 years and I will go down with the ship.
    12-14-09 11:34 PM
    Don't forget the Google rumor too. It's been said that Google and Sprint are in talks also. It really wouldn't surprise me to see the two become one. Google/Sprint is more likely than T-Mobile/Sprint.

Is Google About to Buy Sprint? |
    12-15-09 02:18 AM
    I would stay and pray T-mobile makes the sprint side change there policy on not activating other phones. Cause if they did I will go get the storm 2 and activate it on sprint to replace my current BB and not have to carry 4 phones.
    12-15-09 03:11 AM
    Don't forget the Google rumor too. It's been said that Google and Sprint are in talks also. It really wouldn't surprise me to see the two become one. Google/Sprint is more likely than T-Mobile/Sprint.

Is Google About to Buy Sprint? |
    This is indeed interesting. But with Google about to market it's own hardware, and starting with GSM to boot...hmmmm...if I were Sprint no way could they let that continue.

12-15-09 11:21 AM
    This is indeed interesting. But with Google about to market it's own hardware, and starting with GSM to boot...hmmmm...if I were Sprint no way could they let that continue.

Considering Google is the company with the money I don't think Sprint would have much of a say.

There's also speculation that the Nexus One isn't the "Google Phone," but merely another Android device being made for T-Mobile.
    12-15-09 04:37 PM
    Considering Google is the company with the money I don't think Sprint would have much of a say.

There's also speculation that the Nexus One isn't the "Google Phone," but merely another Android device being made for T-Mobile.
    Considering that Google has filed the Trademark for Nexus One Exclusive: Google files for 'Nexus One' Trademark -- I don't know how long that speculation will stay around. Though, the device will apparently support the 1700MHz 3G that T-Mobile uses. T-Mo would likely provide a subsidy for those that buy from Google and go on contract with T-Mo...we'll see.

Sprint would definitely have a say, and so would the regulators. A merger or buy out would raise questions (answerable certainly) about Google taking control of a Tier 1 ISP backbone. As a content, advertising and data-mining company, Google would be in a unique position with that much of a network.

Either way, Google is taking a good approach I think. I don't think they need a network provider. Their products are in enough demand that they don't need to hitch themselves to a single carrier -- the exact opposite of Apple's approach.
    12-16-09 01:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD