If a Deal is reached between TMO and BB can we really expect TMO to back BB like they back apple and

nope.....

The reality is this: exactly how many BBs do you think they could hope to sell at THIS juncture relative to apple and....

Not saying I don't like bbs, I love them. but, that has no bearing on reality.
    02-27-15 06:56 PM
    Actually, do not really understand the question. Are you asking if the same boneheads will provide equal disinformation cross-platform? Of course they will; stupidity-neutrality is guaranteed. What exactly do you think they are going to do that will somehow advance an iPhart over anything else? Have an iPhart barbecue once a month?
    02-28-15 03:52 PM
    Actually, do not really understand the question. Are you asking if the same boneheads will provide equal disinformation cross-platform? Of course they will; stupidity-neutrality is guaranteed. What exactly do you think they are going to do that will somehow advance an iPhart over anything else? Have an iPhart barbecue once a month?
    Tmob could constipate the network by not counting Facetime against the data quota.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 04:19 PM
    Even if a deal is reached between BlackBerry and T Mobile, I seriously doubt that they will have the support and backing they once had. Go into any T Mobile store here in the USA and ask one of the young sales folks about BlackBerry and see what answer you get????

None of them have a clue about the BlackBerry brand and have been weened on Android and IOS. They first words you will hear will be "nobody uses those anymore" and they will steer you over to the Galaxy or iPhone display and try to sell you one of them.

Until BlackBerry can properly train salespeople and advertise their new products to the consumer here, nothing is going to change. Android and IOS have deep roots in the culture here, but I really believe will the latest round of security breaches and hacks, folks here are starting to think about security over functionality and might consider BlackBerry.

I would really like to see a couple of the major carriers here promote the brand here again, but until you change the mindset of the younger crowd here, the reality is its just not going to happen.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    03-02-15 04:08 AM
    I'm not a Windows Phone user, but wonder what kind of "support" that brand gets at the local retail shop compared with iPhone and Samsung? 3rd Rate? Because then support becomes synonymous with "push". Real support -- when something goes wrong -- has always been excellent at T-Mo, from my perspective.
    03-02-15 08:21 AM
    Maybe BlackBerry should spend a few bucks in marketing in the US and stop expecting the carriers to do it for them. None of the US carriers are going to go broke if they don't carry BlackBerry. Why should they invest their money training staff and advertising BlackBerry, when BlackBerry doesn't even do it themselves. Maybe they should spend some of their lawsuit winnings and do something.

Posted via CB10
    lactose likes this.
    03-02-15 12:47 PM
    I'm not a Windows Phone user, but wonder what kind of "support" that brand gets at the local retail shop compared with iPhone and Samsung? 3rd Rate? Because then support becomes synonymous with "push". Real support -- when something goes wrong -- has always been excellent at T-Mo, from my perspective.
    Windows phones get a ton of support from MS in terms of store displays, co-promotions and sales education via their own reps, things which Blackberry is currently unable to provide. Of course WinPhone is a sinkhole of money but MS doesn't care as long as those people continue to use Office 365 and OneNote/Drive.
    03-02-15 12:58 PM
    Well. Anyone see that carrier billing has been suddenly removed today???

Can anyone else confirm this???

This is becoming ridiculous!

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 03:36 PM
    Well. Anyone see that carrier billing has been suddenly removed today???

Can anyone else confirm this???

This is becoming ridiculous!
    It's no longer available as an option for me in App World.
    03-02-15 03:49 PM
    It's no longer available as an option for me in App World.
    Exactly! What's up with that??? Why so sudden and why no notice??? If this is about their beef, which was months ago, why now? Not cool. I don't trust using cards/PayPal like that.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 03:58 PM
    Exactly! What's up with that??? Why so sudden and why no notice??? If this is about their beef, which was months ago, why now? Not cool. I don't trust using cards/PayPal like that.

Posted via CB10
    Are you referring to "My T-Mobile"? If so, it's on mine.
    03-03-15 12:06 AM
    Are you referring to "My T-Mobile"? If so, it's on mine.
    No. Carrier billing. In App World. The option for it is missing now. I've used it since the first release using it. It's definitely was done on Magenta's end since it just happened. Like when they push an app to your device.

I haven't had the chance to sit on the phone with them yet. Maybe it's just a system wide temporary issue? Because I just used it a day or two ago for a sticker set. But no option still at the time of this posting.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 12:23 AM
    Funny thing, a few weeks ago I went with a friend to my local t mobile store, he was excited to get his iPhone 6. The sales person and I engaged in conversation and I pulled out my t-mobile z10 to answer a quick text. He noticed my phone and he told me at least 3 to 4 different people have came in every day during the last few months asking if t-mobile would carry the classic and passport in the future or they came in asking questions regarding their unlocked classic and passport. He said it was enough attention that the manager had to contact the "higher ups" to tell them about it.

Just thought I'd share that, anyways I'm thinking of saving up to buy an unlocked passport, as much as I want a high end all touch device I don't think it will happen.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 09:27 PM
    is there an app you can download to make wifi calling on the bb classic? what if i get the att branded one that has wifi calling capability will it work with t mobile ootb?
    03-04-15 01:03 AM
    Funny thing, a few weeks ago I went with a friend to my local t mobile store, he was excited to get his iPhone 6. The sales person and I engaged in conversation and I pulled out my t-mobile z10 to answer a quick text. He noticed my phone and he told me at least 3 to 4 different people have came in every day during the last few months asking if t-mobile would carry the classic and passport in the future or they came in asking questions regarding their unlocked classic and passport. He said it was enough attention that the manager had to contact the "higher ups" to tell them about it.

Just thought I'd share that, anyways I'm thinking of saving up to buy an unlocked passport, as much as I want a high end all touch device I don't think it will happen.

Posted via CB10
    What about the new slider that was just teased at MWC? If T-Mo agrees to sell the slider for BlackBerry, would you be interested?
    03-04-15 02:57 AM
    What about the new slider that was just teased at MWC? If T-Mo agrees to sell the slider for BlackBerry, would you be interested?
    I would just like to see T Mobile with the BlackBerry brand in their stores again and I for one would be interested in the new slider if and when it ever comes to the consumer market.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    lactose likes this.
    03-04-15 03:44 AM
    The specs would have to be impressive like the passport for me to consider it. They already have 2 models with keyboards, the *puke* llleap is an all touch device why can't this next be be the high end all touch device? 2 for 2 and everyone is happy.

Also isn't it advertised as a "luxury" phone? Are they planning to release more devices this year? I haven't read on that.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 06:56 AM
    is there an app you can download to make wifi calling on the bb classic? what if i get the att branded one that has wifi calling capability will it work with t mobile ootb?
    No. TMO would have to enable the "connection" at its end. To use an analogy, when it comes to WFC, TMO is the power company, BB is the company that makes your light bulb , and the 'app' is the light switch. Unless the power company decides you get electricity at your house, your bulb that may work great somewhere else won't work at your house. The 'app' is just a toggle that manages WFC--it doesn't bestow it upon you. That's the job of the power company.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    03-04-15 08:53 AM
    Why would anyone want a carrier branding on their phone? You are paying them and giving them free advertising.
    03-04-15 09:22 AM
    No. Carrier billing. In App World. The option for it is missing now. I've used it since the first release using it. It's definitely was done on Magenta's end since it just happened. Like when they push an app to your device.

I haven't had the chance to sit on the phone with them yet. Maybe it's just a system wide temporary issue? Because I just used it a day or two ago for a sticker set. But no option still at the time of this posting.

Posted via CB10
    I tweeted them about it , and all I got was it's unavailable at this time and there's no more information. I'm starting to regret my switch to TMO, not for service issues, but the dwindling BlackBerry support.
    03-04-15 09:38 AM
    Most of us started with Tmob when they had BlackBerry support. :-(

Going back to wifi calling, security has to be job one for the carrier. Not that they care very much about your security, but rather wifi calling is an internet gateway into their voice network and has got to be a hacker target. Even with voice dirt cheap these days, hacking wifi calling would be a point of pride. (In modern speak, hella street cred.)

At this point, all we can hope for is BlackBerry provides Tmo bands in new phones. Network specific functions like wifi calling are not going to happen.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 02:07 PM
    I tweeted them about it , and all I got was it's unavailable at this time and there's no more information. I'm starting to regret my switch to TMO, not for service issues, but the dwindling BlackBerry support.
    Sorry. I forgot to come back to follow up. I spoke with them and they're no longer supporting carrier billing for BlackBerry. Since March 1st. Done. Only for BlackBerry devices. Even the BlackBerry devices they have sold to the public themselves and claim to support. Of course Android and IOS carrier billing is not a problem.

There is no such thing as BlackBerry support any longer. The running joke is that you can never get in touch with actual "BlackBerry" support faster than giving a call to Magenta support. Mention BlackBerry and they say... "Hold on sir, let me transfer you to BlackBerry directly where they can possibly help you."

They are telling me directly to update my OS with the other "available methods". They never would think of such a thing to say a few years ago. At least they strung us along in the past to keep checking their update page. Now it's not even hidden. They say you will lose WiFi calling straight up. But I can always get another device with no cash down for my troubles.

18 years this past January and I've never had problems with them. I asked what does their relationship with BlackBerry has to do with my impeccable credit with them. No answer except that I can get anything else I want no charge for being loyal all these years. Even offered me an extra 5 gb of tethering and first month no charges. Forced to switch or forced to switch. Take your pick...................

It is what it is.

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    03-04-15 08:58 PM
    Most of us started with Tmob when they had BlackBerry support. :-(

Going back to wifi calling, security has to be job one for the carrier. Not that they care very much about your security, but rather wifi calling is an internet gateway into their voice network and has got to be a hacker target. Even with voice dirt cheap these days, hacking wifi calling would be a point of pride. (In modern speak, hella street cred.)

At this point, all we can hope for is BlackBerry provides Tmo bands in new phones. Network specific functions like wifi calling are not going to happen.

Posted via CB10
    ^This!^

The last paragraph is most important.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 09:00 PM
    Now they're messing with money. That's like messing with emotions. If there was some deal in the works it would make no sense to suddenly stop carrier billing before it is reached. All that "in talks" jazz is fake.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 09:03 PM
    So is carrier billing for paying for apps?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 01:31 AM
89 1234