Hey guys...

I have only been with Telus mobility since March of 2008. I called a client care rep. this morning and they told me that I could only qualify for a $150 discount on the Storm as I haven't been with them for very long. I did not ask to speak with the support team as it was the first time I called... is there a direct number?

Should I call back? Do you think they will give me more of a discount even though I have only been with them for about 8 months?

Any help is appreciated!
    11-08-08 12:54 PM
    I've been with them for 5+ years, and I'm only now getting big discounts and price breaks. I've been trying since my first 3 year contract expired.

I wouldn't get your hopes up, but its worth a shot.
    11-08-08 02:45 PM
    Loyalty and Retentions number is 1 877 279 3100

These are the only people at Telus who can give good deals. Talk to them calmly and politely and they will almost always give you something. Remember you are on a contract and they don't have to give you anything, so you have to kiss their asses.
    11-10-08 12:07 PM
    Telus hooked me up with a free Pearl about a year ago....I've been with them like 5-6 years now....Im hopin they"ll hook me up again...but Im guessin it will prolly b like another year maybe...im only about a year n a half into my current 3 yr term. Last time they hooked me up after 2 years...hmmmm. <fingers crossed> lol
    11-10-08 04:39 PM
    I have been with telus for 5 mths and about a month ago i called in and told them how i wanted to upgrade my phone to a Curve they told me i couldn't and had to wait until my contact was up, i asked how much it would cost me to get out of this contact and sign a new one with a curve, they put me on hold and came back and told me that they would waive the termination fee and give me 300 off the curve
    I think i got a good deal!
    11-12-08 04:20 PM
    Hey everyone!

Thanks for your replies... I called the retention team today for the first time and the lady who answered told me that the maximum discount I could get on the Storm will be $200 off the non-contract price. That's better than the $150 I was originally quoted. I know some ppl have gotten $300 off the retail price but they probably have been with Telus for a long time. Is $200 off a good enough deal or should I call them closer to or after the release date?

Thanks again!
    11-12-08 07:40 PM
    Hey everyone!

Thanks for your replies... I called the retention team today for the first time and the lady who answered told me that the maximum discount I could get on the Storm will be $200 off the non-contract price. That's better than the $150 I was originally quoted. I know some ppl have gotten $300 off the retail price but they probably have been with Telus for a long time. Is $200 off a good enough deal or should I call them closer to or after the release date?

Thanks again!
    I personally think its all about how much you pay a month and how long you have left in your current contract.

I personally lucked out and got $400 off any blackberry device after taking my P4000 in for a swap 3 times. I also have 2 lines paying 180 a month (might try and get a bit more off but i am only 1 year into a 3 year contract). I had a back up plan thought if L&R was going to give me a hard time;

$180x24= $4320 left in my contract.
    to cancel $20x24x2=$960
    $4320-$960= $3360 is fitting to loose if i walked away as a customer.
    I think i the ball is in my court kinda
    11-13-08 03:58 AM
    Well I would NOT be kissing there butts by any means. If you aren't satisified leave them. I never kiss there **** and still get what I need which is fair in the end. If you are wanting to upgrade for no reason as in there is nothing wrong with your phone 200 is a good deal. if you are wanting to upgrade because your phone is crap then yes you need to keep calling until you get 300 off or are satisfied. if you aren't hang up call later. I had the treo and they were idiots with me I had to take it 4 times the rep even called them for me and they wanted to do nothing for me only give 150 off. After dealing with them and calling and emailing corporate finally they upgraded me to a new phone for free of charge. I'm not saying be **** to them but if you don't get what you need then be like the choo choo train you read abut as a child. keep on trying! lol!!
    11-13-08 01:15 PM
    I think that any discount that you get is a bonus being so early in the contract. Remember that they don't owe you, so when you talk to them, be quite appreciative
    I got lucky too, like brodys2, and got 400 off any blackberry device (which expires dec 9, so the storm better be here by then, ) because I had to send my curve in 3 times for minor issues.

hmmmmmm, maybe............. your phone has a problem...........then your replacement has a problem too........ nudge, nudge

btw, sarfrazfamily, why do you keep changing your font/colour/size of your text with each post.........at times, it is very hard to read
    11-14-08 02:15 AM
    which would you prefer that I use then? I like to use the color? Is this one better? I mean I want you to be able to read it. So are you saying to lie and say the phone has a problem? nudge nudge

I think that any discount that you get is a bonus being so early in the contract. Remember that they don't owe you, so when you talk to them, be quite appreciative
    I got lucky too, like brodys2, and got 400 off any blackberry device (which expires dec 9, so the storm better be here by then, ) because I had to send my curve in 3 times for minor issues.

hmmmmmm, maybe............. your phone has a problem...........then your replacement has a problem too........ nudge, nudge

btw, sarfrazfamily, why do you keep changing your font/colour/size of your text with each post.........at times, it is very hard to read
    11-14-08 01:32 PM
    Loyalty and Retentions number is 1 877 279 3100

These are the only people at Telus who can give good deals. Talk to them calmly and politely and they will almost always give you something. Remember you are on a contract and they don't have to give you anything, so you have to kiss their asses.
    Is Loyalty and Retentions really able to give the good stuff? We have been with Telus for a long time, so does the length of time you've been with Telus matter to retentions?

I've never phoned retentions, but before the Storm comes I'd love to phone up and see what sort of deal they could give me. My 3 year contract has been up since May 08'.
    11-15-08 12:21 AM
    The higher your monthly bill and the longer you have been with Telus will both help with your negotiations with Telus. I have been with them for 8 years now and they bent over backwards to create a customized plan that suited my needs.
    11-17-08 04:23 PM
    [QUOTE=Blue05R1;984707]The higher your monthly bill and the longer you have been with Telus will both help with your negotiations with Telus. I have been with them for 8 years now and they bent over backwards to create a customized plan that suited my needs.[/QUOTE

+1 They hooked me up with my Pearl 4 free a while back too! And given me plenty of credits for stuff ovr the years. They're not all bad....lol
    11-18-08 09:20 AM
    I have been with Telus since 2000, and actually since they were Clearnet!
    I have four phones with them, 3 personal, 1 business. My monthly bill has given me their 'Platinum Perks' rewards which entitles me, among other things, to a $500 phone credit each year for any phone. Now I used my credit in August to move up to a Curve from a HTC s720 (couldn't ditch WinMo fast enough!). One of my phones is no longer on contract and only month to month, and one is 2 years into the 3 year contract. I will be calling L&R when the pricing and availability for the Storm comes out to see what they can finagle for me. I am willing to lock in other phones for another 3 years since I have always had great CS and don't have the network issues some of my friends have. Maybe then I can do a handset switch and feel the wind in my hair!
    11-23-08 09:49 AM

even if it is not here by the 9th, just give them a call before that date and ask them to extend it. i have the same offer (due to my piece of crap HTC P4000 being swapped 3x) ive been making them hold on to my offer for months, letting them know i wanted the storm. And they had no problem doing it.
    11-24-08 01:32 AM
    even if it is not here by the 9th, just give them a call before that date and ask them to extend it. i have the same offer (due to my piece of crap HTC P4000 being swapped 3x) ive been making them hold on to my offer for months, letting them know i wanted the storm. And they had no problem doing it.
    What's strange is that I got a call from telus asking if the last call I had with them was fine. I talked to the guy saying things were fine and I asked him about the $400 and if he could extend it for me. He looked it up and his reply back to me was that the offer was there because of the problems I had with my phone and it seems my phone is good now and he couldn't extend it......but he could put another offer on my account for $200 if I wanted to get the storm. Maybe I was just talking to the wrong person He did however add "my fav 5" on my account for $5/month
    11-25-08 04:31 AM
    What's strange is that I got a call from telus asking if the last call I had with them was fine. I talked to the guy saying things were fine and I asked him about the $400 and if he could extend it for me. He looked it up and his reply back to me was that the offer was there because of the problems I had with my phone and it seems my phone is good now and he couldn't extend it......but he could put another offer on my account for $200 if I wanted to get the storm. Maybe I was just talking to the wrong person He did however add "my fav 5" on my account for $5/month

Yea, I would perhaps call back and talk to someone else! How are they going to give you an offer, and then take it away? (and now before your expiry date???) I swear Ive had the offer on my account before I even knew anything about the bb storm!!! And all I said was I wanted to wait for a new phone to come out. They couldnt keep it posted where I could see it in my account (on mytelusmobility)because they all come with an expiry date automatically, but they had it noted to be held until i bought whatever phone I wanted. So a couple weeks ago I had them repost it so I could see it online. Im not sure of what your issues were/are with your phone though.... but mine was a piece of s***..... All 3 of them!
    11-25-08 12:53 PM
    I just got off the phone with loyalty and retention, I wanted to see what type of data plan they could set up for me. I have been with them for 6 years and told them that I wanted to get the storm when it came out, and wanted them to set up a data plan that would suit my needs. I have 6 months left on my current 3 year contract. All they would give me is a 200 credit towards the reg price of any blackberry and a talk 25 plan with 500mb data for $65.
    When I told them that right now MTS in manitoba has a special data plan with 350 daytime minutes, unlimited talk to 5 people and unlimited email and surf for $35, they said they wouldn't match it. When I told them that for $30 less a month it was worth it to me to buy out the remaining 6 months of the telus contract and switch to MTS. The lady didn't seem to care, she said there was nothing she could do to change it. When I asked her if there was anyone else that could help me out, she said no, so I said I would think about it and would likely switch to MTS even though I really liked telus. I really want the storm, but not for an extra $30 a month.

Any one ever have any luck phoning back and seeing if someone else is just nicer and more helpful?
    11-29-08 02:19 PM
    When I called L&R to change my rate plan to another one (didn't get charged for doing this btw ) I asked the lady on the phone about any Storm pricing promotions and she said she can't say anything until it comes out...so i'm gonna have to try again after it comes out.

Don't forget folks, you can do anything with the right CSR
    11-29-08 07:35 PM
    I've been with Telus going on 11 years... have 4 phones thru them that are all locked into contracts . My average monthly bill is just shy of $200 . In those 11 years I have never missed or been late with payments . Yet when I phone in to see about upgrades or complain about billing errors ... I still get treated like what I am to them...just another # ( account number) .

Remember people , Telus is BIG BUSINESS and they don't make $$ by bending over everytime someone shakes a stick at them . They will dodge everything you throw at them.... BUT once in awhile you get lucky and get a CSR that got " lucky " the night before .

Awhile back I had billing issues with them 3 months in a row and when I phoned in for the 3rd time in as many months to complain..... I went right to L&R and the first words outta my mouth were " I'm done with all the BS your company gives me and I wanna close out all 4 contracts right now... What's my total $$ to do this ? "

I got numerous features thrown my way for the duration of my contracts.. and the promise that the billing issues won't happen again . Surprisingly enough , they haven't . BUT they did not throw offers of free phones at me..or early renewal upgrades .

And remember , I've been with them for close to 11 years .... with an annual average billing of $2000+ .

So honestly , Electro Cute ( and no offense intended ) , but if you think Telus is gonna twist and offer you a " good deal " on a Storm upgrade.... then you've been eating more crackberries than you should .

Don't get me wrong... I'm pulling for you to actually get something decent out of Telus towards a Storm.... but GOOD LUCK !

11-29-08 08:14 PM
    So honestly , Electro Cute ( and no offense intended ) , but if you think Telus is gonna twist and offer you a " good deal " on a Storm upgrade.... then you've been eating more crackberries than you should .

Don't get me wrong... I'm pulling for you to actually get something decent out of Telus towards a Storm.... but GOOD LUCK !

Hehe don't get me wrong. I feel extremely lucky to have gotten $200 off after 9 months with Telus but I can honestly tell you I wouldn't have been able to get a deal like this without actually speaking with someone in the retentions department. I will be getting a Storm on the release date, my main worry now is that some people have been getting dust particles stuck inside of their screens because of the gap on the device! That IMO is simply unacceptable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 08:50 PM
    Just noticed you from Vancouver , can you check this link of mine and see if you know of anywhere?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/vanc...ck-out-105555/
    11-29-08 09:18 PM
    I've been with Telus going on 11 years... have 4 phones thru them that are all locked into contracts . My average monthly bill is just shy of $200 . In those 11 years I have never missed or been late with payments . Yet when I phone in to see about upgrades or complain about billing errors ... I still get treated like what I am to them...just another # ( account number) .

Remember people , Telus is BIG BUSINESS and they don't make $$ by bending over everytime someone shakes a stick at them . They will dodge everything you throw at them.... BUT once in awhile you get lucky and get a CSR that got " lucky " the night before .

Awhile back I had billing issues with them 3 months in a row and when I phoned in for the 3rd time in as many months to complain..... I went right to L&R and the first words outta my mouth were " I'm done with all the BS your company gives me and I wanna close out all 4 contracts right now... What's my total $$ to do this ? "

I got numerous features thrown my way for the duration of my contracts.. and the promise that the billing issues won't happen again . Surprisingly enough , they haven't . BUT they did not throw offers of free phones at me..or early renewal upgrades .

And remember , I've been with them for close to 11 years .... with an annual average billing of $2000+ .

Yeah the thing that bothers me is that I am a happy Telus customer, not looking to change providers. I called in to see what data plan they could set me up with as I was going from a strictly voice plan. When I mentioned that MTS had a great unlimited plan available and could they get me something close to the same price, she couldn't even help out one bit. I wasn't even asking them to match the pricing, just try to make it close. If I can save $30 a month on my cell phone I would be stupid not to switch. The only thing stopping me is the Storm. I really want it but, the difference in monthly bills is making me really rethink it.
    11-29-08 10:07 PM
    When I mentioned that MTS had a great unlimited plan available and could they get me something close to the same price, she couldn't even help out one bit. I wasn't even asking them to match the pricing, just try to make it close. If I can save $30 a month on my cell phone I would be stupid not to switch. The only thing stopping me is the Storm. I really want it but, the difference in monthly bills is making me really rethink it.
    I've heard that Telus isn't willing to budge when it comes to data . I have 2 phones that will be up for renewal early next year and when that happens I'm gonna talk to them about the data plan I'm on ( smartbundle 30 ) and see what they can do to make me renew the 2 contracts . I figure I'll have some leverage considering my 3rd phone will be up for renewal shortly after .

Time for Telus to show me some PERKS for the $20 ,000 + I've spent with them over the last 10 years .

**** ... that's a down payment on a house
    11-29-08 10:28 PM
    Yeah the thing that bothers me is that I am a happy Telus customer, not looking to change providers. I called in to see what data plan they could set me up with as I was going from a strictly voice plan. When I mentioned that MTS had a great unlimited plan available and could they get me something close to the same price, she couldn't even help out one bit. I wasn't even asking them to match the pricing, just try to make it close. If I can save $30 a month on my cell phone I would be stupid not to switch. The only thing stopping me is the Storm. I really want it but, the difference in monthly bills is making me really rethink it.
    I'm not sure what kind of plan u guys have or want??, but I've been with Telus for 2 years now. I'm definitely a happy customer, well as happy as you can get with any wireless carrier, but my plan is a 30$ voice plan and a 45$ data plan which includes: 100 long distance minutes, evening and weekends at 6pm, unlimited data (emails, internet, everything), voicemail 10, caller id, unlimited text messages. My voice plan is pretty good too, something like 400 anytime minutes, unlimited evening and weekends, unlimited incoming and My Fav 5. Try mentioning my plan to the Telus guys. Granted I did have to call like once every month to negotiate.

Oh yeah and always threaten to close ur contract out. I did it when the iPhone came out, and almost immediately they threw a whole bunch of stuff at me.
    Last edited by Twigs; 11-29-08 at 11:04 PM.
    11-29-08 11:01 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD