You're right I didn't factor that in. Considering that VZW's TV isn't even available on ? ....hmmm...

So it goes to my previous statement as wee about hammering down the ghosts of the past and making sure they stay there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I don't know I thought VZ offered some type of TV package when I had them. Just went to the VZW site. Added every feature I get on Sprint for 129.99, My monthly bill on Verizon to have 1400 mins, unlimited text, unlimited data, VVM, Detailed billing (seriously, 2 dollars? LOL). Nav, 225.91.

I don't care that the Droid has free nav, the Eris (which is what I would use) does not. If you can say with a straight face that Verizon is comparable in price to Sprint, well, I'll know you are a stone faced liar.

I honestly don't care don't what VZW charges, or what phones they get. I get everything I want and more, with outsanding coverage and I don't care what the detractors or people rooting for Sprint to fail think.

Its hard justifying paying anywhere from 1000-5000 over the course of a two year contract, so why not bash Sprint and say the coverage sucks and you have a big red map. Whatever helps you sleep at night.
    12-20-09 01:49 AM
    Dude, you're parroting old thinking. The best BB on Verizon is the Tour. Sprint got the Tour almost the same exact time as Verizon. I could care less that they have the Pearl flip and the Storm...

Also, your Bold really isn't that special. Yes, it has a trackpad and wifi, but the Tour 2 (which is due out soon on Sprint) will have both of those features. In addition, the Tour is a more robust and better feeling/larger phone. That Bold is WAY too tiny.
    Yes, my Bold2 really is that special. It has a bigger battery from which it SIPS, faster processor, better/louder speaker which is centrally and conveniently located on the device and has a more conveniently placed charging port. Have you ever been charging your Tour and tried to type a text message? Tedious and annoying to say the LEAST.

As far as you saying that the Tour is a more robust and better feeling phone, that's a matter of your opinion which I won't knock. I have BOTH a Sprint Tour AND a Bold2 with T-Mobile at my side because I OWN them. Do you own BOTH phones to make your comparisons? I believe you're taking all of the negative comments you've read from the 9700 forums and you're running with them. Don't tell me you've played with a Bold2 in a store because its not the same as owning one to really get a feel on the phone. EVERY device takes getting used to when you're accustomed to a different one.

Of course VZN and Sprint's best BlackBerry phone is the Tour, which is sad in itself compared to the Bold series. Also, when I said Sprint has a second-rate phone selection I meant in general, NOT just BlackBerry phones. AT&T has the iPhone, VZN has the Storm AND Droid (among many others), and T-Mobile has the MyTouch and Moto Cliq. Which exclusive phones does Sprint have? The Samsung Instinct (crappy), Palm Pre (which is no longer exclusive to Sprint) and Palm Pixi (you can't be serious if you call this an exclusive, flagship phone).

Let's go back to basics and argue with facts, not by putting me down and trying to impose your opinions on me. What exactly were you saying again?

12-20-09 01:51 AM
    he justs wants to feel special and sprint isnt doomed. we may not have the latest and greatest but my service works and my phone works. why complain and whine about having the newest toy..
    Dude, you have been gunning for me ever since I posted my dissatisfaction with Sprint's service and my departure to a different wireless carrier in a different thread. I know you're a Sprint fanboy to the death but did my departure from Sprint affect you on a personal level? Why not just say good riddance and good luck with your new carrier? Your attempts to criticize and belittle me are just downright childish, you should focus your energy/effort to something more productive. Nothing you can say to or about me will even make me reconsider keeping my Sprint service, it is what it is. I swear, by the way you defend Sprint you either a) must own a LOT of stock in the company b) must work for the company c) must be paid to advertise and endorse the company. Chill out, there's no need to flame EVERY post of mine.

Last edited by ChekMySwag84; 12-20-09 at 02:07 AM.
    12-20-09 02:03 AM
    Yes, my Bold2 really is that special. It has a bigger battery from which it SIPS, faster processor, better/louder speaker which is centrally and conveniently located on the device and has a more conveniently placed charging port. Have you ever been charging your Tour and tried to type a text message? Tedious and annoying to say the LEAST.

As far as you saying that the Tour is a more robust and better feeling phone, that's a matter of your opinion which I won't knock. I have BOTH a Sprint Tour AND a Bold2 with T-Mobile at my side because I OWN them. Do you own BOTH phones to make your comparisons? I believe you're taking all of the negative comments you've read from the 9700 forums and you're running with them. Don't tell me you've played with a Bold2 in a store because its not the same as owning one to really get a feel on the phone. EVERY device takes getting used to when you're accustomed to a different one.

Of course VZN and Sprint's best BlackBerry phone is the Tour, which is sad in itself compared to the Bold series. Also, when I said Sprint has a second-rate phone selection I meant in general, NOT just BlackBerry phones. AT&T has the iPhone, VZN has the Storm AND Droid (among many others), and T-Mobile has the MyTouch and Moto Cliq. Which exclusive phones does Sprint have? The Samsung Instinct (crappy), Palm Pre (which is no longer exclusive to Sprint) and Palm Pixi (you can't be serious if you call this an exclusive, flagship phone).

Let's go back to basics and argue with facts, not by putting me down and trying to impose your opinions on me. What exactly were you saying again?

Not bashing but you are leaving alot out here. at&t has horrible coverage. thats not just my opinion. The Bolds cpu is barely faster? i believe 98 mhz. dont quote me on that but that is not any reason it would be faster. when its that close the OS is the deciding factor also gsm and cdma are worlds apart. intel is gsm cpu maker and qualcomm is cdma. its like comparing intel 3.2 ghz to amd's 2.4 but somehow amd wins? we cant compare that because we dont know the architecture the companies use to create those cpus.

now the tour is sad in comparison with the bold series? with sprint and verizon we can actually use our phones when we travel away from hotspots with speeds that come very close to the average home dsl and both phones max out at around 3.6mbps anyways.
    also the tour 2 should have open gl. which qualcomm is developing. CDMA. so sorry bolds. and the tour could possibly support.

the tour also has a larger screen. 2.6=tour 2.44=bold
    also the tour has a 1400mAh and the bold 1500mAh so theres that extra hour you get.
    same RAM=256. and same memory.

just thought id throw in my 2 cents. either way one isnt better than the other. a phone is a phone. its all about the carrier. in this case... i go with cdma
    12-20-09 02:20 AM
    im not bashing you swag i just wanted to throw in facts and im biased against at&t so dont take anything i said in a rude way
    12-20-09 02:23 AM
    ...I add Tours to old Sero plans almost EVERY day...all you have to do is pay the $10 BIS buy up...if you were getting BIS free in the past that may be holding back the new device due to the way they have the plans programmed in the billing system. But I place the $10 feature on there and it takes them...if you're having problems activating a Tour on a SERO plan then you have a rep on your hands that doesn't know what they're doing or is a new hire/new trainee and they don't teach them that because the plan is technically "expired" and I suggest you hang up and call back.
    im not talking about the tour..the tour is fine on legacy plans

im talking about the new curve 8530, which may be resticted to EVERYTHING plans
    I don't care that the Droid has free nav, the Eris (which is what I would use) does not. If you can say with a straight face that Verizon is comparable in price to Sprint, well, I'll know you are a stone faced liar.
    uhm...its not a droid thing with free nav..its an android 2.0+ thing

all devices with androikd 2.0 will have free nav then....

and your everything plan includes nav....hmmmmmso you will be paying extra for something you won't use since the hero and moment will have 2.0 very soon

I can price the plans how I want with verizon and it comes within $10-15. I'm not including TV because i just don't use it...i

not pricing the nav, because its free with google...so its apples and apples to me..
    12-20-09 02:35 AM
    im not bashing you swag i just wanted to throw in facts and im biased against at&t so dont take anything i said in a rude way
    I'm not taking it rude at all, I get superior 3G coverage with my Bold2 (9700). I think the Bold you're comparing to the Tour is the Bold1 (9000). As previously stated, I have the Tour AND Bold2 - the screens are the SAME size/resolution and the cameras are the same. Also, the difference between the battery life of both phones is much more than slight. CDMA signals eat up battery much faster than GSM, top that with a smaller battery and its official, the Tour just doesn't hold up.

Now I'm a power-user and textaholic. On the Bold2, I can go more than 2 days on one charge with heavy usage and I'm not embellishing at all. On my Tour, to make it through ONE day I had to dim the screen's lighting to 50%, turn off location/GPS, set the backlight to go off in 10 seconds and I couldn't even THINK about having bluetooth enabled. By 5pm, I would have 30% battery at the most on the Tour. Its not a BAD phone, but when you have to constantly carry a charger or spare battery around or buy an extended battery, it gets quite annoying. Talk to ANYone who has gone from a Tour to a Bold2 and have them give you their honest opinion.

12-20-09 02:42 AM
    I'm not taking it rude at all, I get superior 3G coverage with my Bold2 (9700). I think the Bold you're comparing to the Tour is the Bold1 (9000). As previously stated, I have the Tour AND Bold2 - the screens are the SAME size/resolution and the cameras are the same. Also, the difference between the battery life of both phones is much more than slight. CDMA signals eat up battery much faster than GSM, top that with a smaller battery and its official, the Tour just doesn't hold up.

Now I'm a power-user and textaholic. On the Bold2, I can go more than 2 days on one charge with heavy usage and I'm not embellishing at all. On my Tour, to make it through ONE day I had to dim the screen's lighting to 50%, turn off location/GPS, set the backlight to go off in 10 seconds and I couldn't even THINK about having bluetooth enabled. By 5pm, I would have 30% battery at the most on the Tour. Its not a BAD phone, but when you have to constantly carry a charger or spare battery around or buy an extended battery, it gets quite annoying. Talk to ANYone who has gone from a Tour to a Bold2 and have them give you their honest opinion.

Good i like some educated arguments

i have fixed plenty of BOLD 9700 screens. they are 2.44 inches. the tour has 2.60 inches. i can narrow them down to the tenth of an inch if you would like.
    they do have the same high resolution 480 X 360.

my tour easily lasts me a day heavy usage-200+txts, emails, slacker radio, iheartradio full screen lit. but i do all of that separately so that may be my way to last awhile. i also use standby anytime im not looking at it.

i have used the bold when i repaired one and i like it but that was with wifi. also gsm is a high powered technology and cdma is low powered so technically if you factor in radio usage that isnt a killer.

and battery issues isnt my main argument. it is simply that when compared the only advantages a bold may have is a trackpad and wifi. you dumbed down sprint and the tour in that post.
    12-20-09 03:04 AM
    Which exclusive phones does Sprint have? The Samsung Instinct (crappy), Palm Pre (which is no longer exclusive to Sprint) and Palm Pixi (you can't be serious if you call this an exclusive, flagship phone).
    The Pre is no longer exclusive to Sprint? That's news to me. What other carrier can you and get a Pre from right now?
    12-20-09 03:15 AM
    Good i like some educated arguments

i have fixed plenty of BOLD 9700 screens. they are 2.44 inches. the tour has 2.60 inches. i can narrow them down to the tenth of an inch if you would like.
    they do have the same high resolution 480 X 360.

my tour easily lasts me a day heavy usage-200+txts, emails, slacker radio, iheartradio full screen lit. but i do all of that separately so that may be my way to last awhile. i also use standby anytime im not looking at it.

i have used the bold when i repaired one and i like it but that was with wifi. also gsm is a high powered technology and cdma is low powered so technically if you factor in radio usage that isnt a killer.

and battery issues isnt my main argument. it is simply that when compared the only advantages a bold may have is a trackpad and wifi. you dumbed down sprint and the tour in that post.
    My bad, the Tour's screen is SLIGHTLY larger. I do about 500+ texts, hardly any emails, but I use BBM all day and keep Yahoo!, Windows Live Messenger, AOL Instant Messenger and SocialScope open. On top of that I do web browsing on mobile.facebook.com and CB forums. After a full day's usage, my Bold2's battery is between 60-70%. Not dumbing down Sprint or the Tour but neither sufficed in providing the battery life that I need out of a phone.

The Pre is no longer exclusive to Sprint? That's news to me. What other carrier can you and get a Pre from right now?
    Actually Sprint's exclusivity of the Palm Pre is up 01/01/10 - Verizon's taking its time to hype it up and to unveil their version of the Palm Pre at CES in January. Apparently, Big Red's version will be beefed up and called the Palm Pre "Plus." There's no word of what features the "Plus" ecompasses, we'll have to wait until CES. Technically, the Pre IS sold on Sprint exclusively but not for long. Verizon's official Twitter tweeted the news 2 months ago that the Pre is coming to them.

Verizon confirms: Palm Pre hitting Big Red "early next year" -- Engadget

Dude, you're parroting old thinking. The best BB on Verizon is the Tour. Sprint got the Tour almost the same exact time as Verizon. I could care less that they have the Pearl flip and the Storm...
    Hold on a minute now, remember the week of July 12, 2009? Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't you one of the disgruntled Sprint customers who was shafted by Sprint's system-wide "glitch" which threw off the order in which our sales were processed (like myself)? I vaguely remember you throwing a hissyfit and threatening to buy the Tour from Verizon because Sprint couldn't "get their act together." Man, I wish that thread hadn't have been deleted. MANY upset people in that thread and I remember you were 2 hairs from leaving Sprint. Now you want to defend it hardcore? Make up your mind, you seem a little more confused than Oprah at a buffet.
    12-20-09 03:57 AM
    Wait a minute MisterB, I found one of a few posts about you leaving Sprint and heading to Verizon but here's the thread you STARTED ironically titled...

Can't believe I'm saying it. I might switch from Sprint to VZW

I rest my case...
    12-20-09 04:11 AM
    dang.....PWNED
    12-20-09 09:34 AM

Actually Sprint's exclusivity of the Palm Pre is up 01/01/10
    "early next year" is a rather nebulous timeframe. Where exactly do you get that *specific* date from given that neither Sprint nor Palm have ever divulged when their agreement ends?
    12-20-09 11:02 AM
    lmao crazy thread had to post in it.
    12-20-09 11:13 AM
    "early next year" is a rather nebulous timeframe. Where exactly do you get that *specific* date from given that neither Sprint nor Palm have ever divulged when their agreement ends?
    I have plenty of sources and associates who work in Sprint, and I don't mean sales reps or CSRs. Yes I could have used those sources to get replacement Tours but what's the point if they all suffer from faulty trackballs and shoddy signal? Like most, if not all, of us on this site are Crackberry fiends, I'm not downgrading to a lesser BB model or switching to a non-BB phone. That's why I chose to take my business to another carrier. Don't get me wrong, my 8330 Curve was the bomb.com, but once you've grown accustomed to the Tour's screen, speed, camera, keyboard, etc it's next to impossible to go back.

Again, my intention in this thread was not to flame, PWN or expose anyone but I had to call a spade a spade. My initial post stated the reason why MY FRIENDS AND I left Sprint for other carriers. Our consensus was because of Sprint's lack of phone selection (BB phones for me) compared to other carriers. For no reason I had Sprint fanboys jumping on my back and attacking me just for stating the reason why I left, as if that would convince me to stay with Sprint. I'm officially done in this thread.
    Last edited by ChekMySwag84; 12-20-09 at 11:20 AM.
    12-20-09 11:17 AM
    but what's the point if they all suffer from faulty trackballs and shoddy signal?
    the trackball issue has been fixed on all Tours with a 8/12/09+ build date

the hardware is flawless now....My new tour doesn't even have any signal issues....and it wasn't just a sprint thing, it was a RIM thing
    12-20-09 01:23 PM
    Do the people who complain when a phone gets less than 2 days of straight battery life never sleep?
    12-20-09 01:37 PM
    it's not less than 2 days...it's the less than a single day that bothers me....I don't want my phone dead by the time Im heading home in rush hour
    12-20-09 01:38 PM
    That's understandable. I have yet to run down my battery through the course of a normal day, but of course everyone's usage is different.

12-20-09 02:04 PM
    Do the people who complain when a phone gets less than 2 days of straight battery life never sleep?

Just imagine their caffeine intake LOL.
    12-20-09 02:37 PM

Ive been gunning for you because all you really do is whine about one phone (Tour) and try to make it seem like its the company's fault. If you really wanted the tour why did you go to T-Mobile and not Verizon since its Sprint's fault for making shafty tours as you said so yourself. I personally feel better that you left sprint because you QQ too much over phones. I have not seen a response to your actual carrier service. I don't have the time as you to go searching through one members post and threads to post a link. But you have stated so many times that your coverage was perfect before you got the Tour, and now you say your service is horrible because of the Tour. You say its childish but yet you still reply go figure. Ps Im not a Sprint Fanboy but i get annoyed about people who cry over a phone so much and blame Sprint which is weird because last time i checked Rim made my curve not sprint.
    Last edited by Jo_795; 12-20-09 at 03:03 PM.
    12-20-09 02:47 PM
    Wait a minute MisterB, I found one of a few posts about you leaving Sprint and heading to Verizon but here's the thread you STARTED ironically titled...

Can't believe I'm saying it. I might switch from Sprint to VZW

I rest my case...
    lmao very nice
    12-20-09 10:30 PM
    I think you guys are totally off-base. The topic at hand is about Sprint's potential collapse. I have been a Sprint user for over 10+ years. I have a Sero plan + BIS Buy Up. I love Sprint and it is indeed the cheapest plan/rate I can find. As long as I have that I will most likely stay with Sprint. That being said, many of Sprint's customers don't feel that way. That coupled with the fact that many of Sprint's recent decisions on plan changes have forced many of them to take a look at other carriers/options and that indeed spells trouble for Sprint. Sprint has lost so many customers. While they have slowed down the losses, they haven't stopped them. Nor have they taken away customers from their rivals at a rater great then they have taken from Sprint. Again, all this spells trouble for Sprint. They have lost the exclusivity battle with Verizon. ChekMySwag84 is correct, they have nothing but the Pre/Pixi and they have messed up that up. When it comes to BBs, they don't have the Storm/Flip and while I agree they suck, they were somewhat big movers. Verizon got the Tour the same time as Sprint and got a jump over Sprint with the Curve 2 (now with the stupid everything plan requirement). I have a friend who was with Sprint almost as long as me. Recently he left for AT&T for the iPhone. He is probably one of many. As much as we Sprint customers have had no problems with Sprint and do enjoy their network, their phone selection is lacking. Their advertising is abysmal (compared to the other carriers). Having the cheapest plans won't cut it. To stop the customer bleed and gain new customers they need to make major changes to their phone selection, plans, and network offering... game changers! I'm not sure if either of the big two (AT&T/Verizon) can buy Sprint, but I could see T-Mobile with a buy or merger. Sprint missed on their chance to get Alltel. They missed out on the iPhone. They can't miss anymore or it will be gameover.
    Last edited by hispanola; 12-21-09 at 03:22 AM. Reason: correction
    12-21-09 03:20 AM
    I think you guys are totally off-base. The topic at hand is about Sprint's potential collapse. I have been a Sprint user for over 10+ years. I have a Sero plan + BIS Buy Up. I love Sprint and it is indeed the cheapest plan/rate I can find. As long as I have that I will most likely stay with Sprint. That being said, many of Sprint's customers don't feel that way. That coupled with the fact that many of Sprint's recent decisions on plan changes have forced many of them to take a look at other carriers/options and that indeed spells trouble for Sprint. Sprint has lost so many customers. While they have slowed down the losses, they haven't stopped them. Nor have they taken away customers from their rivals at a rater great then they have taken from Sprint. Again, all this spells trouble for Sprint. They have lost the exclusivity battle with Verizon. ChekMySwag84 is correct, they have nothing but the Pre/Pixi and they have messed up that up. When it comes to BBs, they don't have the Storm/Flip and while I agree they suck, they were somewhat big movers. Verizon got the Tour the same time as Sprint and got a jump over Sprint with the Curve 2 (now with the stupid everything plan requirement). I have a friend who was with Sprint almost as long as me. Recently he left for AT&T for the iPhone. He is probably one of many. As much as we Sprint customers have had no problems with Sprint and do enjoy their network, their phone selection is lacking. Their advertising is abysmal (compared to the other carriers). Having the cheapest plans won't cut it. To stop the customer bleed and gain new customers they need to make major changes to their phone selection, plans, and network offering... game changers! I'm not sure if either of the big two (AT&T/Verizon) can buy Sprint, but I could see T-Mobile with a buy or merger. Sprint missed on their chance to get Alltel. They missed out on the iPhone. They can't miss anymore or it will be gameover.
    Curve 2 is cheaper on sprint. plan requirement is probably just as expensive on verizon. Pre/Pixi isnt a failure like you say it just isnt for you. See the only issue really is the phones. Just because they dont have the latest and greatest. and verizon only has 2 more BB's like you stated. I wonder understand if it was like 5 i woudl be like WTF why so many....
    12-21-09 08:21 AM
    Curve 2 is cheaper on sprint. plan requirement is probably just as expensive on verizon. Pre/Pixi isnt a failure like you say it just isnt for you. See the only issue really is the phones. Just because they dont have the latest and greatest. and verizon only has 2 more BB's like you stated. I wonder understand if it was like 5 i woudl be like WTF why so many....
    Actually they are the same price... sort of. While its $50 on Sprint and $100 on Verizon, Verizon has the BOGOF deal. So, you can get two Curve 2s for $100 (making them essentially $50 each). Plus they have the same OTD price, since Sprint's includes a MIR (which I never count in determining price because it's not guaranteed). I didn't say Pre/Pixi was a failure. I said Sprint messed it up (as in it's launch and future sales). This is widely accepted. Last week Palm had their 3Q earnings release and they failed to meet expectations of units sold by a good amount. It's why there stock lost 10% of it's value. If you go on the Verizon page for BBs they have 11 and Sprint has 8. If you go back last week prior to Sprint's online release of the Curve 2, thats 11 to 7 (and 2 of those are the Nextel Curve). If you break it down further (in terms of current/popular models), Sprint HAD just the World Phone, Curve, Tour, and Pearl. Verizon had all of those, plus the Flip, Storm 1/2 and Curve 2 (both colors). That is almost double the phone selection. Thats a big difference! And, I can bet you that Verizon will get the Tour 2 first (if not at the same time as Sprint). Again, my point is, regardless of how much more Verizon may cost then Sprint, many customers will choose them over Sprint due to phone selection (in addition to network, etc.) Neither you or Sprint seems to get that. I noticed one major difference between Sprint and Verizon while looking this information up... Verizon has a page just for Blackberries... Sprint doesn't. As a BB user, even you have to see the problem there.
    Last edited by hispanola; 12-21-09 at 12:08 PM. Reason: addition
    12-21-09 12:07 PM
156 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD